All Categories

A Perfect Example: Pay to Play

Search
Aug 21, 2022, 14:0108/21/22
06/30/20

The winner of the current Champion Chase Tournament is awarded a legendary champion. I have been playing for a few years, and this is the first time I have noticed Plarium rewarding a legendary champion.

However ......

The problem is, casual players are competing against whales. The current leader in my group has 42456 points. Doing the math, that would equate to rolling ~65 void legendary champions - that, however would be at a 100% summoning success rate. Looking at the charts, the current odds of pulling a void legendary is ONLY 1%.  At 1%, this whale would need 6500 sacred shards to successfully pull ~65 void legendary champions. 

Doing the math for void epic champions, the whale would need to roll ~121 void epic champions. Using the same chart, we see a 16% success rate - meaning the whale would need 756 void shards to successfully pull ~121 void epic champions.

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 21, 2022, 14:2208/21/22
02/11/22

A simpler math would be something like this. If you get exactly the expected results, for every 100 voids you pull, you get 650 points for 1 legendary, you get 16x 350 points (5600) for the epics, and you get 83x 50 points (4150) for the rares. This equals to 10400 for every 100 pulled.

So you can expect that dude to have pulled roughly the equivalent of 400 voids. Of course, he might have pulled ancients and/or sacreds to top himself up. And logic says that it's the most likely thing, because the only shards you can buy in infinite amounts are the ancient ones. Just gotta buy as many times 900 gems as you "need" and there you go.

What can I say.... as the adage goes "Fools and their money are soon parted from each other"

Aug 21, 2022, 14:2408/21/22
06/25/20

Best value, even despite the 2x void, is still sacred. You get 265 points per sacred on average, vs only 104 per void.

But if you think your bracket is bad:

i

Aug 21, 2022, 14:3108/21/22
03/19/20

No they have given legos twice in the past for rewards  but yes this is a pay to win event or as some call it kraken events because even whales have to battle it out to win

Aug 21, 2022, 14:4208/21/22
07/15/20

Noticed the same thing master @kramaswamy!

I was on top with about 170 void shards opened. In a matter of hours I got 3rd place and... By a considerable amount. 

So I spent 300 in void because by my math was the number needed. 

In some hours a was again light years away from the top 2. Someone spent about minimum 1000€ in my math for this event....

Aug 21, 2022, 17:3908/21/22
10/11/20
AzuraWrath

Noticed the same thing master @kramaswamy!

I was on top with about 170 void shards opened. In a matter of hours I got 3rd place and... By a considerable amount. 

So I spent 300 in void because by my math was the number needed. 

In some hours a was again light years away from the top 2. Someone spent about minimum 1000€ in my math for this event....

If you learned your lesson, then it wasn't all in vain.😂

Aug 21, 2022, 17:4508/21/22
07/15/20
Tyr Anasazi

If you learned your lesson, then it wasn't all in vain.😂

Yeah well, I want Siphi so bad! 🤣👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Aug 21, 2022, 17:5108/21/22
10/11/20
AzuraWrath

Yeah well, I want Siphi so bad! 🤣👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Hm, you probably have Rotos then... Fortunately, I'm not burdened by such problems. I have neither.😁

Got anything else, at least?

Aug 21, 2022, 18:4408/21/22
02/11/21

It's a pay to win, not pay to play. You can still play the game and ignore the tournament altogether, like I did. I'm not sure what the objection is: do you think it is somehow unfair that people who spend a lot more money have a better chance at winning the desired legendary? The summoning odds are terrible, and anyone willing to throw money at those odds for what can only be described as an auction is funding your free-to-play playstyle. Be thankful. 

Thank you, Krakens!! Enjoy the Teodor you got for $5,000. Special thanks to whales who tried but got outbid, your donations make this game possible. Enjoy whatever legendary champs you got in the procees (lord knows you must have crossed several mercy thresholds). 

Aug 21, 2022, 19:0408/21/22
Aug 21, 2022, 19:05(edited)
07/15/20
Tyr Anasazi

Hm, you probably have Rotos then... Fortunately, I'm not burdened by such problems. I have neither.😁

Got anything else, at least?

Lego I got Souless (and I don't know where I'll be using him outside faction wars as I have basically my teams done. 

But I got this Serogath statue (leg) and so far I wonder: could be truly amazing or a down deep disappointment. I don't know yet, the mechanics are tricky on his skills...

And some other 10 epics or so, some now I have doubles....

Oh! And 4 madame serris. What will I do with 4 of this girls? 

Now I'm on 1st on skin tournament and I wonder if I can put the 3 of them in same skin or if skin is like artifacts and I can put only one. Need to end the tournament to see.... It's my first skin as I never use Kael.

Aug 21, 2022, 19:4908/21/22
07/08/19
AzuraWrath

Lego I got Souless (and I don't know where I'll be using him outside faction wars as I have basically my teams done. 

But I got this Serogath statue (leg) and so far I wonder: could be truly amazing or a down deep disappointment. I don't know yet, the mechanics are tricky on his skills...

Now I'm on 1st on skin tournament and I wonder if I can put the 3 of them in same skin or if skin is like artifacts and I can put only one. Need to end the tournament to see.... It's my first skin as I never use Kael.

skins can be applied to every copy of the champion, so you'll be able to use it on all 3 if you want to.

Aug 21, 2022, 19:5508/21/22
10/11/20
AzuraWrath

Soulless you can build with ACC and use him in Hydra.

I never heard of Serogath. What faction is he in? Or did you mean Shemnath? She's the only one that i know to look like a statue.

Madamme - strait into FG.

I have Kael skin, but only one Kael atm, so I can't confirm with 100%, but I think you can put them all in the same skin or different skins, so you can tell them apart easily. It would be really stupid if you had two of the same champions and you had to win the same skin twice. I think that's how it works.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 21, 2022, 21:3008/21/22
02/24/19

If someone wants a Theodor so badly they are willing to drop 500+ sacreds for him.... well, more power to them. I will just keep farming my DT champs and gear over here. :)

(and thank those guys for keeping the server on 😂😂)

Aug 21, 2022, 22:1408/21/22
02/11/22

Yes, that's the beauty isn't it? They pay, we play, everyone wins :P

Aug 21, 2022, 22:5008/21/22
10/08/17

So lets  put things  in perspective as the story so far is one sided

I am lvl 70 and  had  no plan to compete in the champion chase tourney instead competed  in the champion training for the Madame skin. 

Once I felt I secured that comfortably I took a  look at the champion chase tourney for the free  lego (my lvl was a  dwarf lego) 

Leader had 3400 pts, I summoned my 3000 mystery shards and did  some missions for a sacred and a void as well as ancients. Summoned everything I had without spending a penney. I am sitting  in 1st spot now. 12 hrs will tell

But my point being not every grouping has whales  in them and some players do get breaks if they want to go for gold

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 21, 2022, 23:1308/21/22
02/24/19
PriestGuardian

So lets  put things  in perspective as the story so far is one sided

I am lvl 70 and  had  no plan to compete in the champion chase tourney instead competed  in the champion training for the Madame skin. 

Once I felt I secured that comfortably I took a  look at the champion chase tourney for the free  lego (my lvl was a  dwarf lego) 

Leader had 3400 pts, I summoned my 3000 mystery shards and did  some missions for a sacred and a void as well as ancients. Summoned everything I had without spending a penney. I am sitting  in 1st spot now. 12 hrs will tell

But my point being not every grouping has whales  in them and some players do get breaks if they want to go for gold

Good luck PG! Let us know how it goes.

Aug 22, 2022, 08:5508/22/22
07/15/20
Tyr Anasazi

Soulless you can build with ACC and use him in Hydra.

I never heard of Serogath. What faction is he in? Or did you mean Shemnath? She's the only one that i know to look like a statue.

Madamme - strait into FG.

I have Kael skin, but only one Kael atm, so I can't confirm with 100%, but I think you can put them all in the same skin or different skins, so you can tell them apart easily. It would be really stupid if you had two of the same champions and you had to win the same skin twice. I think that's how it works.

Shemnath yes! Auto correct turned the name to a league of legends other 🤣

Yeah and changing skin changes it to all doubles as well. 

But so that I noticed you are the only one that see it, isn't it?

I never found a skin in arenas.... 🙄

Aug 22, 2022, 09:2408/22/22
10/11/20
AzuraWrath

Shemnath yes! Auto correct turned the name to a league of legends other 🤣

Yeah and changing skin changes it to all doubles as well. 

But so that I noticed you are the only one that see it, isn't it?

I never found a skin in arenas.... 🙄

No, everybody can see it, I've started seeing a lot of Arbiters in the Arena with that goth skin.

As for Shemnath, she is... OK. Neither dissapointment nor game changer. I have her and I built her to nuke, but she does need ACC to be effective, and I've always hated such nukers. Too difficult to build. She can one-shot Skullcrown and if she nukes really hard - Leorius as well. It's important to trigger Leo's unkillable with her first hit, otherwise, it won't end well. She is not for tanky teams, and not for top arena.

Aug 22, 2022, 11:4808/22/22
07/15/20
Tyr Anasazi

No, everybody can see it, I've started seeing a lot of Arbiters in the Arena with that goth skin.

As for Shemnath, she is... OK. Neither dissapointment nor game changer. I have her and I built her to nuke, but she does need ACC to be effective, and I've always hated such nukers. Too difficult to build. She can one-shot Skullcrown and if she nukes really hard - Leorius as well. It's important to trigger Leo's unkillable with her first hit, otherwise, it won't end well. She is not for tanky teams, and not for top arena.

Arena i have Kymar, cardiel, Leorius e scyl (FTM, im about to get Arbiter) So im pretty well covered ftm. 

Im thinking Shemnath for the fun only, war faction and if all goes well DT and the other things around. 

Even tho for arena it might be fun, so far when i replace  scyl with shemnath i get my ass kiked, but who knows when i build the gear all way up with tons of speed and acc ... 

Aug 22, 2022, 19:0708/22/22
02/11/22

FTP results: 

Champion Chase, finished outside the rewards bracket, group was pretty competitive, no Kraken in it, but still with a mini-whale who got first with like 18k points. I decided it was a really good deal to go for the 3000 points and get one lego book, then stop. That cost me 15 void shards only. I did get a Skullcrown, so i'm happy, I actually really needed a new Nuker. My only one is Elhain... yikes.

Champion Training, finished in 2nd. I was in 1st, but I got sniped in the last 5 minutes LOL. Doesnt matter, i dont even have Madame Serris, what good is that skin then anyways? So a lego book there, plus the one for the 8000 points.

So, with the 2 combined, zero gems spent, 3 lego books and a pretty darn good champion. Thank you very much!

Aug 22, 2022, 19:0908/22/22
10/15/20

If people want to spend that sort of money, they are entitled to the champ as far as i am concerned -they subsidise my free to play gaming