All Categories

Dark Elhain as Ninja counter

Search
Aug 1, 2022, 21:5508/01/22
02/11/21

I rarely run into Tormins or farm Ice Golem, so I never really built her up, but the Ninja with his freeze has been getting on my last nerve. I can only assume she works against Ninja, just not sure how effective she is. 

Any experiences?

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 1, 2022, 22:1808/01/22
06/25/20

Why would you bother? The best counter to ninja is to just be faster.

Aug 1, 2022, 22:5008/01/22
Aug 1, 2022, 22:55(edited)
10/11/20

Dark Elhain is one of the most fun champions to play with. Yes, she will work. Against Ninja, Tormin or any freeze champion. Just build her full damage. Also, you'll want multiple for extra fun. 

Also also, she is terrible for higher stages of Ice Golem, where her strength becomes her weakness. She just does too much damage and procs IG's big slam that wipes your team. Poison works best. 

Aug 1, 2022, 23:3908/01/22
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

Why would you bother? The best counter to ninja is to just be faster.

Kinda hard to be faster with no Arbiter. Even when I do get her (soon), I'll need to farm some good gear for her to be fast enough. Haven't had that much time in the game, and good gear is not something you can just buy...it's where the seniority really shows. 

Also, kinda working on covering my bases when it comes to Arena, I want to be able to strategize based on the opponents. I built Genbo to deal with Leorius, I'm building Konstantin to deal with The Corrupted, freeze is the glaring weak spot in my Arena team, especially since everybody and their mom running Ninjas. I don't plan on staying in Platinum, just farming medals for GH in Gold4-5. 

Aug 1, 2022, 23:4308/01/22
Aug 1, 2022, 23:44(edited)
06/25/20

That's fair, but you'll face the bigger problem that while dark elhain might get you around the freeze, it won't do much to prevent you from just dying outright to the damage. Just be careful to focus only on the teams running two nukers, for which ninja usually is geared more for acc and spd than for damage.

Aug 1, 2022, 23:5708/01/22
12/19/19
Balltazer

Kinda hard to be faster with no Arbiter. Even when I do get her (soon), I'll need to farm some good gear for her to be fast enough. Haven't had that much time in the game, and good gear is not something you can just buy...it's where the seniority really shows. 

Also, kinda working on covering my bases when it comes to Arena, I want to be able to strategize based on the opponents. I built Genbo to deal with Leorius, I'm building Konstantin to deal with The Corrupted, freeze is the glaring weak spot in my Arena team, especially since everybody and their mom running Ninjas. I don't plan on staying in Platinum, just farming medals for GH in Gold4-5. 

This is smart.  Learning how to counter different teams will serve you well when you start progressing in Tag.  Being faster teaches you nothing, and there will always be someone faster.  

I've stopped trying to make Arbiter faster, as I rarely attempt to win a speed race.  I recommend spending more time in tag, great place to test different comps and strategies. 

Aug 2, 2022, 00:1908/02/22
02/11/21
Trips

This is smart.  Learning how to counter different teams will serve you well when you start progressing in Tag.  Being faster teaches you nothing, and there will always be someone faster.  

I've stopped trying to make Arbiter faster, as I rarely attempt to win a speed race.  I recommend spending more time in tag, great place to test different comps and strategies. 

I am dabbling in that, as well, but I just barely breached silver. The competition in Tag Arena tiers is much stiffer than their Classic Arena counterparts. I still have a lot of gearing to do, as well as putting comps together without compromising the order. For the first time, I'm using the fitting room, I have no idea why trying on gear costs so much silver.

So far, the idea is to free Seeker from the main team as soon as I get Arbiter, so that Seeker can be used in a blender comp with Lanakis, Skullcrown and Sinesha. Arbiter can run my regular speed-nuke team. Then, I'll be working on a Stoneskin Cardinal go-second team and a few flexible variations (Yannica for Krisk teams, Genbo for unkillables, Konstantin for the Corrupted etc.) Lots of work to do. 

Aug 2, 2022, 00:2208/02/22
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

That's fair, but you'll face the bigger problem that while dark elhain might get you around the freeze, it won't do much to prevent you from just dying outright to the damage. Just be careful to focus only on the teams running two nukers, for which ninja usually is geared more for acc and spd than for damage.

I usually bring Ragash around to free up space on the team. Him being able to decently fill 3 roles (debuffer, CC, and nuker) leaves me room for a reviver/healer. Maybe add a Vogoth, Cardinal or Duchess, depending on their comp. 

Aug 2, 2022, 01:3008/02/22
04/24/22

Tbh i use Achak aoe freeze/hp burn against ninja , if im faster its an easy win but if not , its up to rng about acc and resistance!

Aug 2, 2022, 01:3908/02/22
02/11/21
Lyryal

Tbh i use Achak aoe freeze/hp burn against ninja , if im faster its an easy win but if not , its up to rng about acc and resistance!

Achak and Big Deac still elude me. I have enough champs to form a batallion, but cannot get those two to save my life. 

Aug 2, 2022, 02:1308/02/22
04/24/22
Balltazer

Achak and Big Deac still elude me. I have enough champs to form a batallion, but cannot get those two to save my life. 

yet these 2 are part of my early(only 96 days in) 

rng is rng i guess!!!!