All Categories

Need help strategizing for mid game

Search
Jul 28, 2022, 16:4307/28/22
06/16/22

Hey guys, I'm a Day 47 player right now and admittedly I've been grinding pretty damn hard. I've got a lot of questions going into mid game (am I even there I dunno) on how to best prioritize some of my efforts.

First up: I'm now on the Arbiter mission stage, and I saw that further down the road I need to get a Great Hall Bonus to Lv 10. I currently have 2 at level 5 and it seems like a really long road to get 1 to 10. I'm currently in Gold I and Gold II I can usually get like 3-5 battles in per refresh as I'm like Team Power 88k and usually people are between 70-150k that I normally see. My arena team is pretty decent...have Apoth going first with 207 speed, followed by Uugo, then Golg then Kael nukes. The strategy works mosy fine. Is there anything else I can do in regards to arena? Should I be in silver? I also was reading that some people put single man defense during the week, then put a 4 man defense in later, what's the point of this? Is there some strategy I'm missing? 

Next up: Prioritizing shards and events. I was able to get Walking Tomb Dreg with a little luck in placing high in tournaments early so I didn't need to even do the summon rush. Going forward, I saw I should save his summon until the next event and then use it for Champion Chase. Should I just generally be doing this for every fusion event? Are there other events throughout the month that I should try to participate in or should I basically focus all my efffots on the Fusion events? Also how often do they come around? Is it like every 25 days? 

Last up: downtime between fusion events. Am I basically just farming more champs to 60? Oh also, I'm assuming I should just rank up fuel to 4 star and not to 5 star during non event periods so that I can save a cluster for the fusion event. Is everything in this game just "preparing" to do something later (like waiting to summon, waiting for shard pulls, etc). Do I want to try to save up for any guaranteed champs? I've only got like 17 ancients, 16 void and 1 sacred right now haha. 

Any pointers for general "best practices for my time" would be helpful. Thanks! 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 28, 2022, 16:5607/28/22
12/19/19

Sounds like you are on correct path.  Between fusions I recommend doing the following for early gamers.

1. Keep champ storage full 

2. Run brutal 12.3 (incubus, diabolist will go to mailbox)

3. Make "fat" chickens, 20s 30s 40s

4. Skinny chickens are collecting in mailbox

5. Only pull 3 greens a day for quest, these shards are your fusion lifeline for summon/chase

6. Pretty much ignore every event/tournament/CvC that uses resources beyond the energy you collect daily.

7. Use all expiring resources (tokens, keys, ...)

8. Save anything in mailbox you can (DO NOT COLLECT ANY ENERGY, 2XP from tournament or event -- it will all go to mailbox)

9. See #8 for CvC rewards,  DO NOT COLLECT ANYTHING DURING CvC)

10. CvC (Tag Arena, forge, GH, books, ascension)

Jul 28, 2022, 17:5207/28/22
Jul 28, 2022, 17:52(edited)
06/16/22

1. I've been running 12.3 brutal for quite some time, but I constantly have to pull like 50 shards regularly for enough fuel to get enough 4 stars to be ready for 5 star. My energy cap is 122 right now, and I think something like 80 energy to get a 2 star to a fat 2 star (level 20), are you saying I should just only use the Incubus and Diabolist I get for fuel? Or are you saying that during off time I shouldn't be pulling shards? 

6. Yeah I only use the Daily 90 minute, the Daily Quest and Advanced quest refills. 

8. I have about 11 full energies saved up, I'll try to be better about not collecting from tournies, didn't know that. 

9. for CVC, you're saying that the Clan Rewards in the tier go directly to mailbox if I dont collect them? That's awesome. 

Jul 28, 2022, 19:4007/28/22
04/24/22

Id add , be careful when hoarding in mailbox since everything has a timer and its not always 99days !

Jul 28, 2022, 19:4207/28/22
12/19/19
Lyryal

Id add , be careful when hoarding in mailbox since everything has a timer and its not always 99days !

This is correct, I think most rewards are 6 days til expiration.  But this does you allow to manage them for specific fusion events fairly well.

Jul 28, 2022, 19:4307/28/22
04/24/22
Trips

This is correct, I think most rewards are 6 days til expiration.  But this does you allow to manage them for specific fusion events fairly well.

most are 99 days , cvc are 6-7days(?) and maintenance gift are 2 days , and there's also the space limit to consider ^^

Jul 28, 2022, 22:3507/28/22
06/16/22

Oh should I also try to complete Nightmare campaign with where I'm at? It awards a Sacred but wasn't sure if I should blow that energy.

Jul 28, 2022, 23:0507/28/22
Jul 28, 2022, 23:06(edited)
04/24/22
kmanmott

Oh should I also try to complete Nightmare campaign with where I'm at? It awards a Sacred but wasn't sure if I should blow that energy.

Nah wait till later later to do 3 star nightmare campaign 

like when you can 100% it no issue and have the energy to spare! There no actual rush on that one since its energy costy and the last one , can even keep it on the side once you can 100% it easy ... Theres nothing after it ^^

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 28, 2022, 23:0507/28/22
12/30/20
kmanmott

100% no. Not a good use of energy. Much better off doing Dungeons or leveling up food right now. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 29, 2022, 02:2307/29/22
02/24/19
Trips

Sounds like you are on correct path.  Between fusions I recommend doing the following for early gamers.

5. Only pull 3 greens a day for quest, these shards are your fusion lifeline for summon/chase

6. Pretty much ignore every event/tournament/CvC that uses resources beyond the energy you collect daily.

8. Save anything in mailbox you can (DO NOT COLLECT ANY ENERGY, 2XP from tournament or event -- it will all go to mailbox)

Strong advice here.

Trips, was it you that came up with the Skinny versus Fat chicken concept? I can't remember.

Jul 29, 2022, 02:3207/29/22
04/24/22

I do like the way and setting about it , can now split my chickens into fat and skinny and it has a whole meaning to it :P

Jul 30, 2022, 18:3307/30/22
06/16/22
Trips

Hey Trips, for the point you made about saving the things from tournaments, are you saying that in the following 2 images I don't need to collect these, and they will for sure go to my inbox? 

i

i

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 30, 2022, 19:4507/30/22
12/30/20
kmanmott

Hey Trips, for the point you made about saving the things from tournaments, are you saying that in the following 2 images I don't need to collect these, and they will for sure go to my inbox? 

i

i

These will 100% go to your inbox. 

Jul 30, 2022, 22:4507/30/22
02/11/22
kmanmott

I'm at a similar level as you, maybe about a month "older". Here's what i do regarding this specific issue with NM campaign. You will find that some days, your XP bonuses just expire, and you might have a day or 2 to wait before getting another. That is when i run a few NM's. I will complete the daily quest with those runs, and advance slowly through the map

Why? because to 3* those maps, you can't bring food in there. In other words, you'll be using 2 maxed champions who will collect 0 XP between themselves. Might as well do those when you dont have the 100% bonus :P 

So this strategy will take you a dozen days of a) having no live bonus XP and b) getting the "complete 7 campaign missions" (the other to kill 3 bosses is no good for this). Having these 2 occurences on same day will most likely be about once a week, so running an average of one run per day in nightmare will not be much of an energy burden :P