All Categories

Clarification request on Truath's Passive - Transmute Pain

Search
Jul 23, 2022, 23:5207/23/22
12/13/21

This weekend, I was lucky (or not) enough to pull Truath from ancient shards. I figured he looked interesting, and might help me clear out some levels in Dark Elf faction wars. I did 3* ascension to unlock the passive, and the wording doesn't seem to match up with my expectations. To me, the passive (Transmute Pain) reads decrease the cooldown of Animus Infusion (A3) for every 10% of HP lost. That would mean if he loses 10%, it's -1 turn. 20% would be -2, and 30%+ would be -3 turns. It seems to be a max of 1 turn cooldown. The first seems like an amazing skill, while the second seems like I should stop wasting my time with him. 

Is this a wording issue and the passive is capped at 1 turn decrease per hit, or did I miss something with my limited testing so far?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 25, 2022, 00:5807/25/22
12/13/21

Any update towards this?

Jul 25, 2022, 03:2107/25/22
06/20/19

I'm not familiar with this champ, but I did look him up, and thought since nobody else replied I'd try   I read it basically the way you do.  The only thing I can think is this on a per skill basis or a per attack basis?  

For example, if cold heart hit me four times, twice for 11% of my total health  and twice for 9% of my total health,  that would add up to 40% of my total health. But would  it reduce the cool down by four because it was a total amount, by two because two of the individual attacks were  for 10 or more, or only buy one because it was only one skill use?

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 25, 2022, 13:2507/25/22
02/24/19
Angwil

I'm not familiar with this champ, but I did look him up, and thought since nobody else replied I'd try   I read it basically the way you do.  The only thing I can think is this on a per skill basis or a per attack basis?  

For example, if cold heart hit me four times, twice for 11% of my total health  and twice for 9% of my total health,  that would add up to 40% of my total health. But would  it reduce the cool down by four because it was a total amount, by two because two of the individual attacks were  for 10 or more, or only buy one because it was only one skill use?

Because of the way Raid works, I would think, in the case of your example Angwil, that it would reduce the cooldown by 2.

For another example, let's say you were hit 3 times, once for 21%, once for 12%, and once for 9%. I would see this as reducing the cooldown by 2 for the 21% hit, 1 for the 12% hit and 0 for the 9% hit, for a total of 3.

That said, I will ask about this in my report and get back to this thread.

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 26, 2022, 08:3907/26/22
Jul 26, 2022, 20:05(edited)
02/24/19

Okay, spoke with Plarium, and this was even easier than we were making it.

i

Once this skill triggers, it goes on the 1 turn cooldown, and Truath must take a turn before it activates and is available again. So 1 trigger per turn only, basically...

Jul 26, 2022, 17:0107/26/22
12/13/21

I wasn't questioning the cooldown aspect of it. I understand that when it triggers, he needs a turn for it to reset. The way it is worded is the issue. With the way it reads to me, the bigger the hit he takes the more it would decrease. That would mean if he used the ability, and took a hit for 20% of his life, it should reduce the cooldown by 2. I agree that if he took 2 hits for 11%, it would only decrease it by 1 due to the turn cooldown since it triggered on the first hit and is on cooldown for the 2nd. I watched him take hits between 20-50% of his life and only reduce the cooldown by 1. They were single hit abilities.

If the intention was to cap it to 1 turn reduction per turn, then the phrase "for every" should not be used. That phrase implies that multiple of the event is possible. For every time you do X, Y will result. For every A on a report card, Y is your reward. For every sale you make, Y is the reward. For every room you clean, it will cost Y. For every 10% HP lost, decrease skill CD by 1. It follows the If - then format that way. "Decrease the cooldown of "Animus Infusion" skill 1 by turn when this champion loses more than 10% HP" as an example. It's clear that the reduction is reduced by 1 and only 1, with a 1 turn cooldown. 

The initial wording had me thinking this would be a cool champion to try some things with. The actual effect isn't with what my goals are. The skill description has a very misleading approach if the cap really is 1 cooldown reduction per turn max.

Jul 26, 2022, 17:0907/26/22
06/20/19

I see what you are saying.  The way it is worded it seems that a hit for 32% total hp should reduce cd by 3, then go on cool down.

Jul 26, 2022, 17:2007/26/22
12/13/21

Yeah, that's why I wanted some clarification towards it. I'm just doing some small testing on my own when it came out, and might missed something, so I was curious if anyone else had tried stuff with him and had some results. I could be entirely wrong, and it is working how I think it should be but I messed something up. The content creators said he was an average legendary and no one seems to test out his kit in that regard. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 26, 2022, 20:1107/26/22
02/24/19
Debacle

Yeah, that's why I wanted some clarification towards it. I'm just doing some small testing on my own when it came out, and might missed something, so I was curious if anyone else had tried stuff with him and had some results. I could be entirely wrong, and it is working how I think it should be but I messed something up. The content creators said he was an average legendary and no one seems to test out his kit in that regard. 

I totally see what you mean in your posts However, I did verify this with Plarium before I responded above... So just to make sure I am clear, I will restate:

Truath's passive has 1 turn cooldown, which means that if Truath receives any amount of damage higher than 10% of his HP (no matter the number of strikes he receives) between the natural que of his own turns, his passive tiggers and reduces the cooldown of his A3 for 1 turn. The next time his A3 may be reduce is after Truath takes turn and this reduction again may be only 1 turn long.

I understand it could read differently than that with the "every" clause and we pointed that out to them, so we will see if that wording remains or changes. One hit gives you a 1 turn reduction, and triggers the passive cooldown.

Jul 26, 2022, 21:4307/26/22
12/13/21

Thank you