All Categories

Hydra Hard team WITHOUT Trunda/Duchess/Shamwow?

Search
Jul 13, 2022, 17:3307/13/22
06/25/20

Looking for some insights here. I can already one-key it, but I'm trying to find a way to build a team that can push us to actually defeat it. Or, alternatively, looking to build a second team to smack just as hard as the main one.

Current main team is:

• Kimi
  • Brogni
  • Geomancer
  • Kymar
  • Doompriest in for Torment
  • Uugo in for Blight
  • Maulie in for Decay
  • If all three of the above are active, I guess I drop Kymar from the team

Second team varies considerably, but right now seems to involve something around:

• Drath
  • Skarg
  • Aniri
  • Versulf + Sandlashed in for Decay
  • Martyr + Gurptuk in for Blight
  • BEK and Nari as sub-ins for ... something

Ideas are welcome! Interesting candidates I have standing by if I can find ways to make them work for the team:

• Three Royal Guards
  • Saito
  • Tyrant
  • Arbiter
  • Lydia
  • Thea
  • Ruel
  • Ninja
  • Fu-Shan
  • Rae
  • Two Vogoths
  • Countless other Lego and Epic champs if there's value in them

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 13, 2022, 18:0007/13/22
12/19/19

RG is better than Trunda for Hydra 

Jul 13, 2022, 18:0507/13/22
12/19/19

Lydia (with Shameal if torment, otherwise tougher to use).  But if no torment, automatic.  I have Shameal so, Lydia on A team.  

But on hard, can probably jus power nuke with Lydia and 2 rg.  I did all Brutal last week so we could kill.

Jul 13, 2022, 18:1607/13/22
06/25/20
Trips

Lydia (with Shameal if torment, otherwise tougher to use).  But if no torment, automatic.  I have Shameal so, Lydia on A team.  

But on hard, can probably jus power nuke with Lydia and 2 rg.  I did all Brutal last week so we could kill.

No Shamael, remember :)

But yeah if there is no Torment head I can see that working. I tried a similar version, but Torment just messes everything up :/

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 13, 2022, 18:2407/13/22
12/30/20
Trips

RG is better than Trunda for Hydra 

on Brutal/NM I definitely agree

I think with the HP nerfs it gets a little murkier if you're able to speed run Trunda nukes against decapitated heads

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 13, 2022, 18:3107/13/22
12/30/20

Lydia, Arbiter, RGs, Ninja, Visix (mainly for Decay protection), Ursala are all fairly strong options overall. I think generally speaking trying to nuke vs. Hard is better than the max HP and even Geo strats, and a few of these would help there.

Deliana is also very underrated on this rotation due to affinity. 

Jul 13, 2022, 18:3407/13/22
06/25/20
dthorne04

Lydia, Arbiter, RGs, Ninja, Visix (mainly for Decay protection), Ursala are all fairly strong options overall. I think generally speaking trying to nuke vs. Hard is better than the max HP and even Geo strats, and a few of these would help there.

Deliana is also very underrated on this rotation due to affinity. 

The problem with any of those nuke strategies is Torment. He just completely shuts down aoe nukes unless there's a way to deal with the fear. Doompriest handles that nicely, but not with Lydia - essentially Lydia becomes useless. And Lydia is the only champ I have with an AOE DEF down + Weaken move.

There's just so many pieces necessary to counter the other heads that I can't find a way to make those nuke strategies work. Mischief typically needs at least one person to handle, and if Decay ever spawns that's another big problem :/

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 13, 2022, 18:4507/13/22
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

The problem with any of those nuke strategies is Torment. He just completely shuts down aoe nukes unless there's a way to deal with the fear. Doompriest handles that nicely, but not with Lydia - essentially Lydia becomes useless. And Lydia is the only champ I have with an AOE DEF down + Weaken move.

There's just so many pieces necessary to counter the other heads that I can't find a way to make those nuke strategies work. Mischief typically needs at least one person to handle, and if Decay ever spawns that's another big problem :/

Fair enough. Sometimes I might forget how much Shamael trivializes things. :)

I'd want to slot Lydia in the Rector team, for sure.