All Categories

Spider 19 - Just cant beat it

Search
Jul 3, 2022, 23:5507/03/22
07/06/21

So im stuck on spider 19, Dreading 20 after on 10 multis. Just beat fire knight 20 yesterday after a bit of trial and error and was super happy. But i really cannot beat the spider. Everything Ive seen is always a match of champions i just dont have. Ive tried using champions that fill the roles as best i can but still nothing. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Cause this is infuriating. All my champions below, Some are being worked on as i go but will gladly push them up if they will do the work.

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 4, 2022, 00:1007/04/22
06/25/20

So, there are typically two approaches for Spider - either burn it down fast, before either it or the spiderlings get a turn, or try to keep the spiderlings and the queen controlled.

The former approach requires champs with Max-HP damage, which, sadly, you seem to have be lacking. That leaves you to the latter approach. That approach requires a few key parts:

• Someone to tank the Spiderlings. This is counter-intuitive, but it requires you to use the *wrong* affinity champ, since enemies prioritize attacking those. For you, I would go with Vogoth for blue, Drexthar for green, and Toragi for red. The goal is to put them in high-DEF gear, but, especially, to get them to as close to 300 RES as possible, so you can resist the poisons.
  • Next, you need someone to control the Spiderlings. This is typically someone with an AOE CC move that has a relatively low cooldown, and a high activation rate. Ninja would be the logical choice here for non-red. For red, if you have Brakus booked, you may be able to get away with using his A3 on a spiderling to fear the rest, but otherwise, I think you might have to just hope for your Toragi to be strong enough to survive without control, and just run an extra healer.
  • You'll need someone to keep the tank alive, because even if you do consistently CC people, you'll invariably still take some damage. Scyl is a great choice on non-red, and can even work on red as well, as long as you can ensure she isn't the one being attacked. If you can't, then Steelskull can work on red.
  • Lastly, you'll need to use the last two spots to control the queen. You need to keep her from getting a turn. Visix does a great job at this, since she's void. Beyond that, I'd use Lix on non-red, and Armiger on red.
Jul 4, 2022, 08:3507/04/22
10/15/20

It has been a long time since i did spider 19, but remember it being harder than 20 because of the affinity.

I didnt really use the control or burn strategy at the time as i didnt have the champs to do it, i believe i just nuked the queen down but i had royal guard and a coldheart and i cant see max hp champs on the roster

I just wrote out a long list of ideas, then realised i am pretty much agreeing with kramaski- good luck.

Jul 4, 2022, 10:4407/04/22
02/28/22

I had the same problem, but if you're doing the doom tower you can get Akoth the Seared fragments and getting this champ let me easily (HP) burn through 19 - 25, keep him alive you should do the same

Jul 4, 2022, 15:1307/04/22
10/15/20
Ratted

I had the same problem, but if you're doing the doom tower you can get Akoth the Seared fragments and getting this champ let me easily (HP) burn through 19 - 25, keep him alive you should do the same

Yeh once you get hp burn champs spider becomes much easier. Akoth is great for that.

Jul 4, 2022, 16:0207/04/22
12/19/19

I don't remember the missions, do you have to auto 19 or just manual once to get to 20?

Visix, scyl, drexthar, husk, grohak would be an interesting team to try and manual 19 😆 

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 4, 2022, 16:1507/04/22
02/24/19

I don't remember autoing 19, just 20.

Jul 5, 2022, 14:2007/05/22
07/06/21
kramaswamy.kr

So, there are typically two approaches for Spider - either burn it down fast, before either it or the spiderlings get a turn, or try to keep the spiderlings and the queen controlled.

The former approach requires champs with Max-HP damage, which, sadly, you seem to have be lacking. That leaves you to the latter approach. That approach requires a few key parts:

• Someone to tank the Spiderlings. This is counter-intuitive, but it requires you to use the *wrong* affinity champ, since enemies prioritize attacking those. For you, I would go with Vogoth for blue, Drexthar for green, and Toragi for red. The goal is to put them in high-DEF gear, but, especially, to get them to as close to 300 RES as possible, so you can resist the poisons.
  • Next, you need someone to control the Spiderlings. This is typically someone with an AOE CC move that has a relatively low cooldown, and a high activation rate. Ninja would be the logical choice here for non-red. For red, if you have Brakus booked, you may be able to get away with using his A3 on a spiderling to fear the rest, but otherwise, I think you might have to just hope for your Toragi to be strong enough to survive without control, and just run an extra healer.
  • You'll need someone to keep the tank alive, because even if you do consistently CC people, you'll invariably still take some damage. Scyl is a great choice on non-red, and can even work on red as well, as long as you can ensure she isn't the one being attacked. If you can't, then Steelskull can work on red.
  • Lastly, you'll need to use the last two spots to control the queen. You need to keep her from getting a turn. Visix does a great job at this, since she's void. Beyond that, I'd use Lix on non-red, and Armiger on red.

Im working on this now, Speciffically against the red spider. And artifact reccomendations for Armiger, Steelskull and Toragi?

I have my Scyl and Visix in a great place but the other three i was still kinda building

Jul 5, 2022, 16:1407/05/22
Jul 5, 2022, 16:16(edited)
12/19/19

If u got by 19, 20 will be easy with hk drex armiger visix ursula