All Categories

chosen clan for cvc

chosen clan for cvc

Search
Jun 21, 2022, 09:1906/21/22
05/05/20

chosen clan for cvc

I would like to know the algorithm for choosing clans for CvC.

Because fighting with a clan 2 levels higher and triple of our power. It doesn't seem fair to me at all.

I'm angry, are you doing it on purpose or what?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 21, 2022, 09:3506/21/22
07/08/19

it's based off your score from the previous cvc. your clan is matched with an opponent whose score was closest to theirs. if there's that much of a level gap, they either aren't particularly focused on cvc or they slack off during tournaments with no personal rewards to conserve resources. i rather suspect the latter.

Jun 21, 2022, 13:1706/21/22
05/05/20

So don't play CvC when there are no personal rewards.

It becomes absurd. it's a game that people don't play under certain conditions.

Take into account, at a minimum, the powers of the different clans before making the teams.
I don't think it's difficult.

We are ourselves penalized by having played the game. 

Jun 21, 2022, 16:2006/21/22
06/30/21

You also have to consider that there isnt a perfect balance of every Clan that can match us "evenly" with every clan. There are going to be some outliers in the matchmaking, so right now my clan is 50M power with 10 trophies, we are matched against a 20M power team with 3 trophies and only CLan lvl. 3. They most likely will win however, since over half of my clan members dont play anymore XD.

Jun 21, 2022, 16:2406/21/22
Jun 21, 2022, 16:25(edited)
06/30/21

This would be solver if you could simply still win personal rewards even if you lose.

Like maybe HALF of what you would if the clan wins. 

They are literally personal rewards so it shouldnt matter what the rest of the clan or the opponent does now.

If they just have the personal rewards every single time you wouldnt have this strong clans sparing resources as much anymore either... Its not a well functioning system at all.

Score in the previous event shouldnt be the only criterium.

Also... why is there ALWAYS maintenance / technical issues during cvc come on?

Jun 21, 2022, 18:2706/21/22
06/30/21

Hmm it seems we actually encountered something similar this time.

A clan with 9 players over 10M player power that is doubling our score so far. (our highest has 8)

Not sure how much sense it makes to still push hard at this point.

Jun 21, 2022, 23:4506/21/22
05/03/20
Spangmastaflex

You also have to consider that there isnt a perfect balance of every Clan that can match us "evenly" with every clan. There are going to be some outliers in the matchmaking, so right now my clan is 50M power with 10 trophies, we are matched against a 20M power team with 3 trophies and only CLan lvl. 3. They most likely will win however, since over half of my clan members dont play anymore XD.

Is it time to thin out your clan to reflect your actual power?

Jun 21, 2022, 23:4706/21/22
05/03/20

The forum taught me to do only things that CvC rewards and my dailies.  I used to wear myself out on resources.  Now, I see the flaw in that strategy.  I want a few of the personal rewards but only because they increase my energy so I can save more.  

Jun 22, 2022, 00:4306/22/22
10/11/20
MasterKroket

Hmm it seems we actually encountered something similar this time.

A clan with 9 players over 10M player power that is doubling our score so far. (our highest has 8)

Not sure how much sense it makes to still push hard at this point.

If you see that you're poised to lose, give up immediately! Save your resources! Next time you will be paired against someone weaker and win with maybe half the effort. No sense in wasting resources. 

Jun 22, 2022, 01:3806/22/22
Jun 22, 2022, 01:40(edited)
04/24/22

Its also random , does your clan communicate or not , does each of you has a certain threshold to get , etc ..

On our clan(not mine but im in it) , we have the few usual big hitters doing their thing , but we sometimes have this random dude pulling 100-200k pts on his own . 

If you clan discuss these things or not , opponent does it , or not , these CvC are really random , could face a clan facing 10 lost and lose to them because this time someone goes all in ...

And let's be real ... badluck can strike any number of time in a row , doesnt mean the universe is against you(be it cvc , shard pull , 10x , 2x , etc!!!

Jun 22, 2022, 19:4806/22/22
Jun 22, 2022, 19:49(edited)
06/30/21

I feel they should just take the average score of the last FIVE CVCs to decide pairings not just the previous one. I am not completely sure they do so but it would prevent sandbagging to get easier pairings...

That and / or do personal rewards every single time....

We are going to beat our best score this time it seems (also thanks to all the 30.000 points of the fusion ) but we dont stand a chance against this clan. Still half a million points behind and they seem to be taking it easy now...

If both clans 'take it easy' cause of a bad match up that cant be the optimal scenario for plarium either surely.

Jun 23, 2022, 02:3506/23/22
11/29/20

We're up 5 mill but the other clan did the smart thing and bowed out early.  Saved their resources and will get an easier matchup next time.  Maybe they'll get really lucky and we'll have two PR's in a row, they'll be sitting really nice then.  We'll be hosed next CVC regardless!

There's a ton of strategy in cvc that I think is missed on most people.  Things that should ONLY be done during cvc: books, forging (for the most part), great hall upgrades, and if you save up gems to run MINO - cvc is the time to run it.  Extra energy should all be dumped into spider, and you should run the highest FW stage you can even if you don't usually run it (and do NOT use your FW keys the night before CVC).  Arena is also a big place for points in CVC - buy those 3v3 arena refills the day before, and the days of.  And of course, only pull fragment champs during CVC.  I also save my 5 star chickens for cvc usually, and do all of my ascending during it.   All easy points that stack up fast.

Every artifact/accessory you have should only be ranked up to 11/15 and only taken to max during CVC or artifact events.  We just happened to have an artifact event during CVC this time.

The top clans only hit the minimum required on non-PR weeks.  If they need 5.6million, they hit it and don't go much over it.  Because of this, the matchups during PR weeks are often uneven, because the matchmaking is based on what each clan did the time before.  It WOULD be nice if plarium changed it to the last few CVC's.

I also think you should always get personal rewards, and clan rewards should only be awarded if your clan wins.  Would encourage more even participation among everyone.

Jun 24, 2022, 23:0906/24/22
Jun 24, 2022, 23:09(edited)
06/30/21

Yeah those are all good tips. I have been doing most of that too.

The missmatch problem remains though...