All Categories

Why does Roxam not get any Love

Search
Jun 16, 2022, 12:1906/16/22
06/30/21

I get he may not be one of the triple S  tier champions but he is not a bad champion like I see everyone say.  he has both weaken and Def down on one move botgh aoe and single target .  Yes his Aoe version takes an A2  first but gives you 50% turn meter back right away .  Not including his A3 lowers his A2 cooldown by 2 turns making it a one turn cooldown  A2   Multiplier: 6.1*ATK   A3   Multiplier: 6.4*ATK (Single Target) 4 * ATK (AoE).   His Veil and perfect Veil give him Strengthen block debuffs and continuoues heal which if cast on him by someone else it does reapeatedly add these buffs. For strengthen it does nothing but for the HoT it adds multiple stacks of it .   If you only need his single target Def down weaken he can do it right away and than use his A2. He does good damage also with his single target hit and his Aoe hit is not bad damage either just not as god tier of multipliers .  So why all the hate   I dont get it  espedcially if your not super endgame with all the best characters   or Venus or Dracomorph specifically  so????

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 22, 2022, 02:3506/22/22
05/03/20

I would like to see some comments about this also.  

Jun 24, 2022, 11:3206/24/22
Jun 24, 2022, 11:32(edited)
05/13/19

You  are  correct.

Roxam  isn't Bad

Roxam  isn't S  tier.

If  we  was  going  to  grade  Roxam  with  a  score  from  1  to  5.

Roxam  would  fall  in  the  4  range.

A  hero  with  score  of  1  to  2  would be  considered a  Bad  hero

-  Most  heroes who  fall  in  the  below  2  score  are  not  worth  building

A  hero  with  score  of  3  would  be  considered Average  hero.

-  Most  hero who  fall  in  the  3  score  are  useful  to  build,  but  players  might  decide  not  to  build  them  and  wait  for  something better.

A  hero  with  score  of  4  would  be  considered Great  hero.

-  Most  hero  who  fall  in  the  4  score  are  worth  building  and  can  be  a  decent investment.

A  hero  with  score  of  5  would  be  considered Godlike  hero  or  S  tier.

-  Most  heroes who  fall  in  the  5  score  are  must  build  champion's.

So  you  can  see,  Roxam  isn't   Bad  or  Godlike.

Roxam  would  fall  under  the  Great  Category.

i

Most  people in  the  game  Reviews  seem  to  agree  as  well.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 24, 2022, 14:4906/24/22
02/24/19

In game ratings are never to be trusted.

i

Unless Deathknight is champion that is worth building and is a decent investment?

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 24, 2022, 14:5206/24/22
02/24/19

Instead, you can check Hellhades.com and look at the ratings there, they are very reliable and have suggested masteries and such as well.

As you can see, Roxam is not rated as a bad champion:

i

i

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 24, 2022, 14:5506/24/22
02/24/19

I will say that Roxam gets a bad rap becuase people are looking for AoE Dec Def champs for Arena, and he takes a full extra turn to get his AoE Dec Def going. So they end up using another instead, like a Dhukk or Uugo or Zargala, and he goes in the vault and never comes back out until Lizardman Faction Wars.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 24, 2022, 15:0806/24/22
Jun 24, 2022, 15:08(edited)
02/24/19

Do not trust in game ratings, EVER. lololol  😂

i

Jun 24, 2022, 18:1906/24/22
Jun 24, 2022, 21:59(edited)
05/13/19

I  disagree with  Harle.

I  think  it's not  about  trust.

I  think  it's about  ranking  context.

For  Example:

Harle  showed  a  Review  picture of  Death  Knight.

Death  Knight  is  an  Uncommon  Hero  With  only  2  moves.

Now  in  the  Grand  Scheme  of  things.

Death  Knight  would  be  considered a  Bad  hero.

Their  are  Hundreds  of  Legendaries heros  in  the  game  and  some  of  them  have  6  moves  vs.  his  measly  2.

However,  when  you  look  at  the  reviews  of  Death  Knight,  They  say  he  is  a  Great  hero.

They  give  him  a  4  score  vs.  2  score.

Now  the  question  is  why?

Well  I  think  the  reason  they  grade  him  with  a  4  score  is because they  are  Grading  Death  Knight  who  is  an  Common against  other  Common heroes.

When  you  grade  Death  Knight  vs.  Epics  or  Leggos,  He  is  a  bad  hero.

When  you  grade  Death  Knight  vs.  other  Common  heros,  He  is  actually a  Great  hero.

So  the  issue  isn't about  trusting  the  ranking  score.

It  has  to  do  with  the  context  of  the  ranking  score.

------------

Next  thing  I  wanted  to  say  has  to  do  with  why  Roxam  gets  Bad Rap.

I  think  Roxam  Bad  Rap  has  nothing to  do  with  Arena.

I  think  Roxam  Bad  Rap  stems  from  him  having  Conditions  and  poor Synergy.

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 24, 2022, 23:3106/24/22
12/30/20

So the thing is: Where are you using Roxam as a late game player, and where do you think earlier game players should use him, and if they should use him, do you think he's worth the up to 14 books because we need to get that A3 down to 4 turns?

There's just not many places he fits. 

Jun 25, 2022, 00:5706/25/22
05/03/20
dthorne04

So the thing is: Where are you using Roxam as a late game player, and where do you think earlier game players should use him, and if they should use him, do you think he's worth the up to 14 books because we need to get that A3 down to 4 turns?

There's just not many places he fits. 

I use him for FW.  I hadnt considered that his best skill is on A2 until this thread.  That explains a lot about why some champs disappoint me.  A good learning opportunity.  

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 25, 2022, 01:4206/25/22
12/30/20
ClosedPoly

I use him for FW.  I hadnt considered that his best skill is on A2 until this thread.  That explains a lot about why some champs disappoint me.  A good learning opportunity.  

I think he's great in FW. Still think his best skill is his A3 for the AoE defense down + weaken. 

Jun 25, 2022, 20:1706/25/22
05/13/19

Dthorne04 statement is  a  very  good  one.

If  I  was  going  to  answer  his  question,  It  would  be  the  following:

Where  would  a  late  game  player  use  Roxam,  I  can  only  think  of  3  location's.

-  Arena/Tag  Arena

-  Faction  Wars

-  Hydra

I  think  for  Ice  Golem,  Dragon,  &  Fire  Knight players  will  run  Seer  or  Kal  set  up.

I  think  for  Spider  players  will  run  an  HP  Burn  set  up.

I  think  Keeps  &  Minotaur are  a  joke  and  players  would  just  best  it  with  1  Campaign hero

I  think  for  Doom  Tower  players  will  run  Seer  or  Kal  set  ups.

I  think  for  Clan  Boss  players  would  run  Unkillable set  up.

The  only  location which  I  am  unsure  about  it  Nightmare  Campaign.

Can  Roxam  be  a  Nightmare  Campaign Farmer?

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 26, 2022, 13:1906/26/22
Jun 26, 2022, 13:21(edited)
02/24/19
Player J

I  disagree with  Harle.

I  think  it's not  about  trust.

I  think  it's about  ranking  context.

For  Example:

Harle  showed  a  Review  picture of  Death  Knight.

Death  Knight  is  an  Uncommon  Hero  With  only  2  moves.

Now  in  the  Grand  Scheme  of  things.

Death  Knight  would  be  considered a  Bad  hero.

Their  are  Hundreds  of  Legendaries heros  in  the  game  and  some  of  them  have  6  moves  vs.  his  measly  2.

However,  when  you  look  at  the  reviews  of  Death  Knight,  They  say  he  is  a  Great  hero.

They  give  him  a  4  score  vs.  2  score.

Now  the  question  is  why?

Well  I  think  the  reason  they  grade  him  with  a  4  score  is because they  are  Grading  Death  Knight  who  is  an  Common against  other  Common heroes.

When  you  grade  Death  Knight  vs.  Epics  or  Leggos,  He  is  a  bad  hero.

When  you  grade  Death  Knight  vs.  other  Common  heros,  He  is  actually a  Great  hero.

So  the  issue  isn't about  trusting  the  ranking  score.

It  has  to  do  with  the  context  of  the  ranking  score.

------------

Next  thing  I  wanted  to  say  has  to  do  with  why  Roxam  gets  Bad Rap.

I  think  Roxam  Bad  Rap  has  nothing to  do  with  Arena.

I  think  Roxam  Bad  Rap  stems  from  him  having  Conditions  and  poor Synergy.

It is because they are TROLLING that Death Knight has good reviews. It is because he is on the commercials.

Bully is rated highly cause he is named Bully.

There is nothing to do with some comparison to "grading commons against commons" and it's not advice I want anyone new to the forums thinking is remotely true.

But feel free to stand on the wall that everything I write on these forums MUST be argued with. :)

Jun 26, 2022, 14:3706/26/22
05/13/19
harleQuinn

It is because they are TROLLING that Death Knight has good reviews. It is because he is on the commercials.

Bully is rated highly cause he is named Bully.

There is nothing to do with some comparison to "grading commons against commons" and it's not advice I want anyone new to the forums thinking is remotely true.

But feel free to stand on the wall that everything I write on these forums MUST be argued with. :)

I  don't know.

It  seems  to  me  like  your  saying  a  bunch  of  random allegation's.

Personally,  I  have  never  Trolled  the  in-game  reviews.

I  have  done  reviews  to  the  best  of  my  ability.

I  don't  know  of  anyone who  has  Trolled  or  Deliberately  skewed  the  In-Game  reviews.

I  guess  the  people I  run  with  are  just  honest.

And  I  have  seen  a  lot  of  youtubers  do  Review Grading.

Most  of  them Grade  heroes  based  on  their  Tier.

Death  Knight  is  Common  and  they  would  Grade  him  vs.  other  Common's.

If  you  actually took  time  to  look  at  the  Common's  in  the  game,  You  would  see  Death  Knight  is  very  good  among  them.

Death  Knight  has  a  unique  Passive  which  lets  him  Counter  Attack.

Death  Knight  A1  Sleep  is  extremely Annoying.

Overall,  Death  Knight  is  pretty  sweet.

Perhaps,  you  have  never  seen  a  lvl  60  Death  Knight  geared  up  to  the  Gills  in  action.

I  think  the  reviews  on  Death  Knight  are  pretty  spot  on  when  comparing  him  to  other  Commons.

Have  you  see  the  skills  of  some  of  these  other  Common's?

Some  of  them  are  pretty  sad  to  say  the  least.

"Attack  1  Target"  -  No  AOE  -  No  Debuff  -  Only  1  Skill

Its  clearly  rock  bottom.

Sister  Miliant  would be  a  better  Common  vs.  Death  Knight.

Sister  Miliant  could  do  an  AOE,  but  she  only  has  1  move.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 26, 2022, 15:4806/26/22
06/24/19

Would never Troll in game ratings but clearly has no issues trolling the forums...

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 26, 2022, 15:5206/26/22
Jun 26, 2022, 17:57(edited)
12/30/20
Player J

I  don't know.

It  seems  to  me  like  your  saying  a  bunch  of  random allegation's.

Personally,  I  have  never  Trolled  the  in-game  reviews.

I  have  done  reviews  to  the  best  of  my  ability.

I  don't  know  of  anyone who  has  Trolled  or  Deliberately  skewed  the  In-Game  reviews.

I  guess  the  people I  run  with  are  just  honest.

And  I  have  seen  a  lot  of  youtubers  do  Review Grading.

Most  of  them Grade  heroes  based  on  their  Tier.

Death  Knight  is  Common  and  they  would  Grade  him  vs.  other  Common's.

If  you  actually took  time  to  look  at  the  Common's  in  the  game,  You  would  see  Death  Knight  is  very  good  among  them.

Death  Knight  has  a  unique  Passive  which  lets  him  Counter  Attack.

Death  Knight  A1  Sleep  is  extremely Annoying.

Overall,  Death  Knight  is  pretty  sweet.

Perhaps,  you  have  never  seen  a  lvl  60  Death  Knight  geared  up  to  the  Gills  in  action.

I  think  the  reviews  on  Death  Knight  are  pretty  spot  on  when  comparing  him  to  other  Commons.

Have  you  see  the  skills  of  some  of  these  other  Common's?

Some  of  them  are  pretty  sad  to  say  the  least.

"Attack  1  Target"  -  No  AOE  -  No  Debuff  -  Only  1  Skill

Its  clearly  rock  bottom.

Sister  Miliant  would be  a  better  Common  vs.  Death  Knight.

Sister  Miliant  could  do  an  AOE,  but  she  only  has  1  move.

I'm not even sure where to start with this because it really comes off as arguing for the sake of arguing. Why do I think that? Because you were very agreeable with my post but wrote up an essay arguing with Quinn who said well, the same thing as me, as it pertains to Roxam's defense down having a prohibitive cooldown on it, which prevents him from being useful in most content. 

But let's assume you're serious here, which could be a bit of a stretch:

Quinn already covered the fact that in game ratings are not reliable due to trolling, which is absolutely a thing. On top of that, taking the in game ratings at face value presumes that the players rating champions are all being rated by players who have a strong understanding of the game and what value champions bring, which would also be a stretch. I am glad you and your friends don't troll in game ratings, though.

Let's assume this is a real argument on a common that again, people just rate as a troll:

There is not a single common in this game that is worth investing in. The diminishing returns alone are a nightmare and would be a colossal waste of time for early game players who invest resources into them. In general, this is why investing in almost every uncommon – let alone a common – is terrible. Just awful for progression. These champions pretty much all hit a ceiling that is going to be significantly worse than future pulls, or even log in champions.

Rating commons against other commons is also an utterly useless endeavor since it completely ignores the aforementioned progression of an account, which is much more important than memeing on the internet with a level 60 Death Knight.

Jun 27, 2022, 01:0106/27/22
05/13/19

@dthorne04 

Your  below  statement says  it  best.

Harle  was  the  one  who  started  an  argument for  the  sake  of  arguing.

"I'm not even sure where to start with this because it really comes off as arguing for the sake of arguing."

The  OP  asked  for  explanation on  June  16.

The  commentor  ClosedPoly  asked  for  explanation  on  June  21.

Than  the  OP  created  a  new  thread  asking  for  explanation on  June  23.

You  immediately locked  the  thread  the  OP  created  on  June  23  which  is  the  below thread.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/619306_why-doesn-t-anyone-show-roxam-love/

I  got  unbanned  on  June  24.

I  was  first  person  to  given  an  explanation to  the  OP  about  Roxam.

Harle  immediately after  seeing my  reply  began  saying  In-Game  Reviews  shouldn't be  trusted  which  is  completely unrelated to  the  OP  thread.

However,  those  comments were  directed  towards  me  to  discredit my  post.

It  was  nothing more  than  provocation.

Jun 27, 2022, 01:2906/27/22
Jun 27, 2022, 01:30(edited)
01/04/20
Player J

@dthorne04 

Your  below  statement says  it  best.

Harle  was  the  one  who  started  an  argument for  the  sake  of  arguing.

"I'm not even sure where to start with this because it really comes off as arguing for the sake of arguing."

The  OP  asked  for  explanation on  June  16.

The  commentor  ClosedPoly  asked  for  explanation  on  June  21.

Than  the  OP  created  a  new  thread  asking  for  explanation on  June  23.

You  immediately locked  the  thread  the  OP  created  on  June  23  which  is  the  below thread.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/619306_why-doesn-t-anyone-show-roxam-love/

I  got  unbanned  on  June  24.

I  was  first  person  to  given  an  explanation to  the  OP  about  Roxam.

Harle  immediately after  seeing my  reply  began  saying  In-Game  Reviews  shouldn't be  trusted  which  is  completely unrelated to  the  OP  thread.

However,  those  comments were  directed  towards  me  to  discredit my  post.

It  was  nothing more  than  provocation.

Coming out of retirement for this. 

You have an extensive history of misleading new players and insulting everyone who doesn't agree with your normally bad advice. I don't see anyone trying to pick a fight with you, it looks more like people responding to you in the same way that you respond to everyone else. 

The only difference being, Harle and Dthorne actually read your posts and then respond to them in their entirety whereas you cherry pick things you want to argue with and then write a 40 page paper hoping people won't read the full thing to realize that you're trying to gaslight the entire forum. 

You used to try this stuff on discord until the experienced players ran you out of town so to speak. 

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 27, 2022, 01:4706/27/22
Jun 27, 2022, 01:49(edited)
12/30/20

@Player J 

Furthermore, there's also an extensive history of cherry picking, ignoring anything that refutes your statements, inability to acknowledge when wrong, contradicting yourself constantly while trying to argue and the aforementioned gaslighting to top it all off. 

The worst part is in the 7+ months I've frequented the forum I've seen you treat Quinn with utter disrespect, despite the fact that she is most certainly better than you at this game and treats players of all experience levels with care and respect, unlike yourself. 

You are rude to almost everyone and quite frankly have providied no evidence that you know how to talk to another human being in any fashion that resembles an acceptable one. 

I don't care as much that your advice is frequently debatable at best, I care that you treat the vast majority of players you interact with on this forum like they should feel blessed you are here. 

Jul 2, 2022, 09:2007/02/22
06/30/21

Regarding the orgininal post I amde not the other non sense that went on .  I appreciate the responses .  I guess I could ask it differently because you are right he has no place in end game content .  But there are alot of champs who ahve no place in the very end game but are great for all the players who are not there yet or who ahve very few legos.  i think alot of champions get vaulted based on reviews from super end game accounts and people listen and never try the out while they are still usefuyl before the end game  .  So I  guess if I pointed out that part of m y frustreation with reviews on champs like him prior to the poist you might of had a clue why I was asking it in the first place