All Categories

Is this a decent team to be starting clan boss?

Search
May 31, 2022, 15:0405/31/22
02/17/22

i

Right now I only have full masteries on my Kael. Running Minotaur 15 with this team to get them maxed, currently earning red scrolls for them so the grind is towards the end.

But will having maxed masteries on them make a big difference for clan boss? Right now I can 1 key normal, 2 key hard for the last chest...

Or does this team not really fit well together for clan boss? Main thing I know I'm missing is defence up buff...

Views
Comments
Comments
May 31, 2022, 15:1405/31/22
06/30/21

Thats not a bad team at all, but without seeing your roster I couldn't give you advice for better options. And masteries will always help your champions in any content, but you might not want to prioritize that at your level of account progress. You will get better champions trust me. And the biggest addition you can make to increase your damage output would be the tier 6 masteries Giant slayer and Warmaster, although you won't necessarily use these masteries for every champ in your CB comp.

But you seem to have the roght idea as far as roles go in selecting which champs to use by looking at your lineup ^.

May 31, 2022, 15:1805/31/22
06/25/20

The team is okay as a starter team. Ultimately, Tayrel and Vogoth will probably stick around for a while, whereas te other three will drop off fairly fast. That said, all five are worth having masteries on for quite a while, so you aren't losing anything by getting them built up.

The reason that masteries are so important for CB is because of two things. Firstly, Warmaster / Giantslayer do massive damage to CB - 60K or so, to be specific, although it depends on the level you're running. That in and of itself is likely more damage than any of your attacks do, especially for someone like Drath. More importantly, though - and this is key - they combo spectacularly with Leech, which, fortunately for you, you've got from Vogoth. Leech + WM/GS = full heal, basically. That lets you avoid needing to run people like Apothecary or Drath just for healing.

The other masteries help too, but WM/GS are by far the most important reason to get them.

Your template for a future team will look something like this:

• Tayrel (ATK down, DEF down)
  • Vogoth (Leech) - turn off A2. Make him lead, so that he becomes stun target.
  • Kael - turn off A2. Replace eventually with a better poisoner (Venomage, Fayne, Frozen Banshee, Occult Brawler, etc...)
  • Someone with a 3-turn cooldown, 2-turn duration DEF up
  • Someone with Weaken

As an aside - I notice you have Shaman and Ursine Ironhide being leveled. Don't waste resources on them. They are terrible. Just put them in your vault until you can use them in the guardian hall.

May 31, 2022, 15:1905/31/22
06/25/20
Spangmastaflex

Thats not a bad team at all, but without seeing your roster I couldn't give you advice for better options. And masteries will always help your champions in any content, but you might not want to prioritize that at your level of account progress. You will get better champions trust me. And the biggest addition you can make to increase your damage output would be the tier 6 masteries Giant slayer and Warmaster, although you won't necessarily use these masteries for every champ in your CB comp.

But you seem to have the roght idea as far as roles go in selecting which champs to use by looking at your lineup ^.

Only thing I'll correct here is - you will 100% use Giantslayer or Warmaster on every champ in CB. There is literally no situation in which there is another mastery which would be better.

May 31, 2022, 15:5705/31/22
06/30/21
kramaswamy.kr

Only thing I'll correct here is - you will 100% use Giantslayer or Warmaster on every champ in CB. There is literally no situation in which there is another mastery which would be better.

Hey, I totally agree with you on how important WM/GS are, especially with a consistent Leech like Vogoth.

However, it's important to let people know that theres nothing wrong with building their champions how they feel would most benefit them, for example Masteries. And I can think of a few occassions where you might not choose GS/WM for CB. If you're struggling to get enough Accuracy on your debuffer then you could take Eagle Eye. If you use revival strategy for CB,  you may want Timely intervention. 

I use Unshakeable for my Ally Attack Champ in my current CB lineup, only because I also use him In Classic Arena.

I still am inclined to say that GS/WM are the best and generally the only Tier 6 masteries you will want on all your CB champions though. Just thought Id explain why I said that part :)

May 31, 2022, 16:0205/31/22
06/25/20
Spangmastaflex

Hey, I totally agree with you on how important WM/GS are, especially with a consistent Leech like Vogoth.

However, it's important to let people know that theres nothing wrong with building their champions how they feel would most benefit them, for example Masteries. And I can think of a few occassions where you might not choose GS/WM for CB. If you're struggling to get enough Accuracy on your debuffer then you could take Eagle Eye. If you use revival strategy for CB,  you may want Timely intervention. 

I use Unshakeable for my Ally Attack Champ in my current CB lineup, only because I also use him In Classic Arena.

I still am inclined to say that GS/WM are the best and generally the only Tier 6 masteries you will want on all your CB champions though. Just thought Id explain why I said that part :)

Timely Intervention is literally the absolute worst mastery in the game for CB. You completely and irrevocably mess up your turn orders with it. There is *no* situation where you would want it.

As for Eagle Eye, again - there is no world in which you would prefer 50 ACC over the massive amount of damage you get from WM/GS. You could drop every point of ATK/CR/CD you have, in order to get that extra ACC, and you'll *still* do more damage with WM/GS.

Unshakeable? RES is almost completely worthless in CB.

I'm sorry, but these opinions are really just plain wrong. There is 100% something wrong with building "how they feel it would most benefit them". This isn't a "feeling" question. This is quite simply a settled fact.

May 31, 2022, 16:1705/31/22
06/30/21

Also, @vst-rt16:

Have you played long enough to receive High Khatun from daily login rewards? I used her in the lead position for a long time, although Apoc is probably the better choice because of the 4 hitter A1 and potentially massive heal. Make sure you biuld him with high crit.  To trigger the critical heal. 

And as a side note, just placing a champion in lead position won't always make them the stun target. The game AI considers several things when choosing the stun target, at least I know this is true against Void CB.

Generally, the CB will stun the target it 'thinks' can kill the fastest. 

Ive also noticed that the stun target can change at any time, especially if one of your champions has really low health. Ive noticed the Void CB favors Spirit affinity when choosing tye stun target.

Lastly, the CB AI is blind to buffs like Ally protect, Strengthen, Inc. DEF. Etc., to the point where if he were to use his single attack stun ability, and youve got these buffs up on your stun target, he will still target that champion because the game is just considering the low HP they have, not the buffs probably because they are attributed after the damage is dealt by CB. 

Block debuffs does indeed block the stun and the game can't see this either since You can have this buff up on your stun target and the CB still attacking that target. I have also noticed that towards the end of my CB runs, the CB will stun my reviver, who is never the initial stun target to begin with. 

There was something going around awhile ago amongst the content creators that you could manipulate which champ the CB selects as stun target by choosing the Steadfast Mastery in Support branch, the theory was that putting this mastery on your champ that you didnt want to get stunned, made the CB less likely to stun them. I have tested this and have had success with this method, but also have had no success at all even with no other changes to my comp and while making several changes to my comp. The most effective change I found in making a champion the stun target is by changing their HP and dDEF in comparison to your other champions' HP and DEF. The CB will see the HP levels of your champions, but appears to be blind from seeing their individual DEF stats as well.

May 31, 2022, 18:3805/31/22
12/19/19

Good starting CB team, should be able to take you all the way to dragon20 as well.  Better gear is what will carry your progression most.