All Categories

Events and Tournament Rewards

Search
May 29, 2022, 00:5005/29/22
04/23/22

It would be nice if events and tournament rewards were more achievable.  You lock most the epic and legendary tomes behind these events but push them out of reach for f2p and medium spenders. I have spent about 400 bucks on game and been playing for 2 months and I think maybe once I unlocked final reward in an event. And I think it was an easy artifact event. Champion rushes and training events are not realistically achievable for most players unless you have been saving up for a long time.  Example one tournament after I bought a crap ton of ancient shards I was finally able to finish after leveling a crap ton of 4 stars I had been neglecting and it was close. Wasn't sure i would have enough. Sadly I am tapped on what I'm willing to spend on this game until I can see a shift towards balance. This game is alot of fun. But it leans heavily on the pay to win aspect. I don't see many f2p players having a remote chance of even competing with p2w players. Which to alot of people kinda ruins the game for them. I got a few friends to start playing and they quit before reaching level 30. I asked them why they quit and their reply was game was to focuses on money than creating a fair eco system. I don't mind that that p2w has a slight advantage. But not sure how f2p is supposed to compete against players with legendary faction guardians and fusions. I just got my 2nd legos and I'm 400 bucks in and that one was free.  I have to constantly refresh arena to find players I may be able to beat.  Most people I'm matched against in tag team are 70+ and even the people under 70 seem to have way more legendary than they should fully geared. 

I've been making best of what I got, but I'm starting to get discouraged that even with my best effort and Medicare spending habits I will never be on level of most people with higher spending limits despite playing a better game.  I have fun, but game is starting to lose appeal only able to get half way on most events. I imagine if I saved up everything for an entire month or two I could complete 1 or 2 events or maybe final reward on legendary tome tournament. But not looking good for the moment.  I understand p2w brings money for development and helps game grow. But medium spenders like myself also add to life-force of game and their are many more of us than there are whales.  So maybe making some changes that favor lower spending may help retain much of your player base. I could see people like myself just giving up after a while as it's hopeless.  I know for every event I don't tap all rewards on, I will have to compete with those that did.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 29, 2022, 01:0505/29/22
05/03/20

@Ghostwindx    I am f2p with a little spending from time to time.   You can advance in the game being f2p.  This is a strategy game so you need to plan ahead.  You can save things for 2 weeks and win most of the rewards on the side bar of a tourney.   You can get half the rewards on most events.  

This is a marthon, not a sprint.  Time is your friend.  It gets better slowly and then suddenly you realize the game is a lot more fun.  

Ask the forum experts the best way to play.  They give great advice.  

Good luck.  

May 29, 2022, 01:4105/29/22
11/16/20

As your account matures being able to farm all the dungeons on level 20, having a 6 second campaign farmer, and getting 2x too chests each day from unm and nm cb, events, tournaments, and fusions will become very achievable even as f2p.

dthorne04Moderator
May 29, 2022, 02:3405/29/22
12/30/20
evilized6666

As your account matures being able to farm all the dungeons on level 20, having a 6 second campaign farmer, and getting 2x too chests each day from unm and nm cb, events, tournaments, and fusions will become very achievable even as f2p.

This is correct.

It gets said a lot but this game is largely a resource management game, which gets a lot easier/more simplified as you progress. Those tournaments, events and fusions become a lot more doable once you're able to generate your resources on a consistent basis. 

If you manage your resources correctly long term and are willing to be patient and maximize when you use those resources, you're going to be fine in the game. This is a walk before you run situation, in that you need to build out the teams first, then focus on maxing out the things in the game you want to complete. 

May 29, 2022, 02:5805/29/22
04/23/22

I just don't understand reason the threshold for final reward on champion rush tournament should be 5500 points. I pulled 8 voids today that I have saved for a month and about 100 mystery shards and I'm not even half way there.   Seems a little ridicules.  Even in nova empire I was able to achieve final event milestone with a week or two of saving. No I couldn't complete every event or tournament but I could complete at least half. 

dthorne04Moderator
May 29, 2022, 04:0305/29/22
12/30/20

Champ Chase can be tougher - especially on Void 2x weekend given they function like Ancients in pull rates, but are more much rare - especially early on when it's tough to get too many of them from free to play options. 

May 29, 2022, 04:2705/29/22
11/16/20
dthorne04

Champ Chase can be tougher - especially on Void 2x weekend given they function like Ancients in pull rates, but are more much rare - especially early on when it's tough to get too many of them from free to play options. 

It's a 2x weekend so if you're pulling just consider the champion chase running along side it a bonus, most people will not finish it, but it's extra free rewards.

I've got to pull 500 mystery shards to get the xp barrel at 2500 points and that is where I will stop. Side note to this plarium even gave us 500 free points toward this with the new log in champ tonight.

Normal events/tournament are easier. You do not need to always complete them. Dungeon tourneys and arena tourneys are very easy to finish later, and scoring high or finish training,artifact enhancement, dungeon divers, will get much easier as well.

As  dthorne said it becomes a resource management game, imo it's best to play for the fragments/fusions as you are guaranteed a champion(almost always Lego) at the end and pick up massive rewards along the way. You will never finish and win everything so plan ahead and decide what is more important.

Also as you seem newer 2 months in? It's best to get a clan boss team together and do some research into cb setups as once you are doing unm everyday account progress will skyrocket.