All Categories

hydra needs changes

hydra needs changes

Search
May 18, 2022, 13:4705/18/22
01/07/22

hydra needs changes

anyone else feels like that?

atm i'm almost 6 months in, i can get the last chest on the NM demon lorn in two keys and im still struggling getting the first chest on hydra's first level.

i feel like no matter what i have 0 control over the fight, all the heads are just too powerful and basically it's just luck if i get to score a chest.

bottom line, hydra is just not fun

Views
Comments
Comments
May 18, 2022, 13:5105/18/22
06/25/20

I think you're making two separate points.

To the first point - the reason you're unable to get very far in Hydra is because you're simply not at the point in the game Hydra is intended for. Hydra is meant for late-game players who have had top UNM chest on farm for a while, have all of DT normal cleared easily, and likely have most if not all of DT hard cleared. Critically, it's also intended for people who have a *very* large stable of champs to choose from - personally, I have over 100 level 60's, most of which are geared, which allows me to find the right teams for several keys worth.

To the second point - hydra not being fun is likely in part caused by the above, but yes, there are many issues with hydra. Personally I hated it for the longest time, but now that I've seen how good Mithrala is for arena, I've been just forcing myself to do it, and the more I do, the more enjoyable it gets as I start to understand the mechanics.

May 18, 2022, 14:3705/18/22
03/30/21

I can 1 key hard and normal so it isnt the difficulty exactly that bothers me (yes i know forum members probably 1 key brutal and nightmare)

It is the randomness of the encounter, and how long it takes that puts me off. We have to bully clan members into doing the content and now that people have got  mithrala it is getting harder to get people to run it.

dthorne04Moderator
May 18, 2022, 17:2105/18/22
12/30/20

Kram nailed the fact that Hydra is simply meant for those who are late game or close. It's a very demanding piece of content, relative to pretty much every other PvE piece of content in the game, Hard Doom Tower included.

However, per the latest Raid Digest we can expect an easier Hydra experience sometime after this current rotation ends. I don't know how much that will lessen the entry barrier for players at certain parts of the game progression wise, but we shall see.

May 21, 2022, 17:2905/21/22
May 21, 2022, 17:42(edited)
05/22/21
dthorne04

Kram nailed the fact that Hydra is simply meant for those who are late game or close. It's a very demanding piece of content, relative to pretty much every other PvE piece of content in the game, Hard Doom Tower included.

However, per the latest Raid Digest we can expect an easier Hydra experience sometime after this current rotation ends. I don't know how much that will lessen the entry barrier for players at certain parts of the game progression wise, but we shall see.

I still feel like even reducing the basic stats of Hydra won't do much, you have to learn it's skills and cds to predict what will come next and play manually, which 90% of Raid population is not ok with. Hydra content is something which would more belong to some turn based strategy, not gacha game.

I am by no means at endgame, I can't even finish DT hard, I can't do Spider 25 and am far away from completing Faction wars, yet I believe Hydra is something you can do pretty good around late mid game if only you are willing to spend your time, have a plan and manual it. This rotation is also the easiest one so far. I know it's only Normal, but still happy with the result :)

i

May 21, 2022, 21:4405/21/22
10/11/20
Aute

I still feel like even reducing the basic stats of Hydra won't do much, you have to learn it's skills and cds to predict what will come next and play manually, which 90% of Raid population is not ok with. Hydra content is something which would more belong to some turn based strategy, not gacha game.

I am by no means at endgame, I can't even finish DT hard, I can't do Spider 25 and am far away from completing Faction wars, yet I believe Hydra is something you can do pretty good around late mid game if only you are willing to spend your time, have a plan and manual it. This rotation is also the easiest one so far. I know it's only Normal, but still happy with the result :)

i

Apparently, you're one of the Hydra wizards out there... Just keep it up! Lol

I am endgame, and I do like 7M on normal with my B team, and 13M on Hard with A team. So you're already 10X better than me... 😁