All Categories

Second Level 60/Progressing CB Team Question after some good pulls

Search
Apr 19, 2022, 16:4504/19/22
04/07/22

Completely new player, I'm not quite at two weeks played yet but this weekend I was able to get my first level 60 in my starter Kael. I had saved up all my shards and blew them over the weekend during the training/chase events. I got pretty lucky with my pulls (Kalvalax, Demythra, Jintoro, Stag Knight), but now I'm sort of stuck on who to focus on next. 

Further complicating things is that from blowing all my shards I got both a Feast and XP Barrel from the events over the weekend, so technically I can boost an additional character up immediately to 60 as I'm farming out food for my second one. 

Below are my relevant champs. 

i

I can currently 1-key Easy and 2-key Normal Clan Boss, I read that that's the next area you should focus on after completing Brutal and getting a solo farmer up for food. Kael has been working fine for that for my account. 

• Who are the champs I should get to 60/50 next for moving into Hard Clan Boss? 
  • Is there any good rule of thumb on using feasts/xp brews (specifically on a free to play account, I know these are going to be super rare long-term). It feels sort of bad using one on a legendary since they start at 5-star, should I be saving them in case I find an Apothecary or Coldheart? Or are the champs I pulled already outclassing the rares?

I'm planning on saving all my shards from here on out until the May events, so this is the pool I'm sort of stuck with until then. The gear is absolutely trash on everyone, sorta put the blinders on and farmed food like crazy to get Kael leveled, need to sort that out as well.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 19, 2022, 16:5304/19/22
06/25/20

Since you got Demytha, you should be keeping an eye on unkillable builds centered around here. See here:

https://www.deadwoodjedi.com/speed-tunes-22/demytha

You're missing the required champs for them, but be on the lookout. Once you get any of those on that page, switch straight to that.

That said - it's far too early for you to be thinking about CB teams. First, you need to get a full set of 60s so that you can start farming for gear. I would suggest you focus on the following ones:

• Stag Knight - AOE ATK down and DEF down will help hugely for waveclear speeds
  • Melga Steelgriddle - Gives you an insurance revive, along with healing
  • Demytha - More healing to keep your team alive
  • Kalvalax - Great passive for quick wave clears and boss teardown

Jintoro will ultimately be on your CB team no question, once you get one of those Demytha comps together - he's arguably the hardest-hitting CB champ in the game.

Apr 19, 2022, 17:1804/19/22
04/07/22

Thanks for the reply! Gotcha, so I should still 100% be spending all my energy grinding out Kael + 3 food on brutal 12-3 then? Based on the food I've got I think I should be able to get another one prepped by next week.

Do you think it's worth blowing the feast/barrel combo on any of the four you mentioned? Save them for Jintoro down the line? My plan is to remain f2p so I'm guessing I won't see another one of either of these for a long time, but the time save for only needing to level 3 more 60s instead of 4 would be huge.

Apr 19, 2022, 17:3004/19/22
06/25/20
HeinousMcAngus

Thanks for the reply! Gotcha, so I should still 100% be spending all my energy grinding out Kael + 3 food on brutal 12-3 then? Based on the food I've got I think I should be able to get another one prepped by next week.

Do you think it's worth blowing the feast/barrel combo on any of the four you mentioned? Save them for Jintoro down the line? My plan is to remain f2p so I'm guessing I won't see another one of either of these for a long time, but the time save for only needing to level 3 more 60s instead of 4 would be huge.

Yeah get your food built up, and get champs to 60. The aforementioned four + Kael should be able to do Dragon 20 without too much trouble.

As for feast/barrel - the "best" use for a feast is to bring as low a rank as possible up to 6*. The only time you should ever use a barrel is to bring a 6* to 60. In a perfect world, you'd use a feast on a 3* champ like Coldheart. That said, the difference between using it on a 3* vs 4* is pretty small - we're talkin about two refills' worth of energy. So I think it'd be fine to use it on any of those epic champs. I'd probably go with either Stag Knight or Melga, and then bring them straight to 60.

That said - you should probably wait until the Champ Training event starts tonight/tomorrow before doing it.

Apr 19, 2022, 17:3304/19/22
04/07/22

Will do! Much appreciated, thank you!

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 19, 2022, 18:2004/19/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Since you got Demytha, you should be keeping an eye on unkillable builds centered around here. See here:

https://www.deadwoodjedi.com/speed-tunes-22/demytha

You're missing the required champs for them, but be on the lookout. Once you get any of those on that page, switch straight to that.

That said - it's far too early for you to be thinking about CB teams. First, you need to get a full set of 60s so that you can start farming for gear. I would suggest you focus on the following ones:

• Stag Knight - AOE ATK down and DEF down will help hugely for waveclear speeds
  • Melga Steelgriddle - Gives you an insurance revive, along with healing
  • Demytha - More healing to keep your team alive
  • Kalvalax - Great passive for quick wave clears and boss teardown

Jintoro will ultimately be on your CB team no question, once you get one of those Demytha comps together - he's arguably the hardest-hitting CB champ in the game.

Great advice here. I second all of this.

What a great set of inital pulls! Great start you've got. And a quick add, Jintoro is definitely one of the hardest hitting clan boss champs in the game:

i

:D :D

Apr 19, 2022, 19:1904/19/22
12/19/19

Use feast on Armiger 

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 19, 2022, 19:2804/19/22
02/24/19
Trips

Use feast on Armiger 

I can't handle that amount of value, Trips!!

Apr 19, 2022, 19:5104/19/22
04/07/22

I've heard people say Armiger is legit into the mid-late game, what content would I use him in? Or was that more of a meme :D 

Appreciate the replies all, can't decide between Stag/Melga to start (probably replacing Warcaster/Shaman in my lineup of Kael, Kal, Demy, Warcaster, Shaman) so I've just been grinding 3*/4* food in the meantime.

Apr 19, 2022, 19:5604/19/22
06/25/20

Personally I do not subscribe to the cult of Armiger :) But his value mainly comes in his ability to control TM with his A1, and do large amounts of damage with his A2 due to its scaling based on enemy max HP, along with blocking revive.

That said - whether or not he'll bring value for you, he certainly shouldn't be first on your list. His contribution will only matter if he is actually alive, which is where Stag Knight and Melga come into play. Both of those two will aid enormously in keeping your team alive, and are likely usable in every area of the game, at least in the short term - and both will continue to have long-term use.

Personally I would probably go with Melga first. The revive and heal will be very useful for making sure you can survive unexpected damage bursts.

Apr 19, 2022, 20:5204/19/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Personally I do not subscribe to the cult of Armiger :) But his value mainly comes in his ability to control TM with his A1, and do large amounts of damage with his A2 due to its scaling based on enemy max HP, along with blocking revive.

That said - whether or not he'll bring value for you, he certainly shouldn't be first on your list. His contribution will only matter if he is actually alive, which is where Stag Knight and Melga come into play. Both of those two will aid enormously in keeping your team alive, and are likely usable in every area of the game, at least in the short term - and both will continue to have long-term use.

Personally I would probably go with Melga first. The revive and heal will be very useful for making sure you can survive unexpected damage bursts.

Armiger more end game than both stag and melga combined, but agree certainly should not be next 6star.  

But it is best value for the feast. And I think armiger should be #6 to #10 on any new player priority. Unless high spender buying books that is.

Apr 19, 2022, 21:4804/19/22
04/21/20

I would do Melga next. She will help in a lot of content right off the bat. Try to focus on champs that will help in multiple areas. Once you get the required champs for a Clan Boss team, you will have progressed to dragon 20 and spider 20 to get the gear required for the comp. Armiger is very good at turn meter and easy to book with extra copies from pulls or the market.