All Categories

TAG Arena is a damn JOKE

TAG Arena is a damn JOKE

Search
Apr 7, 2022, 16:0404/07/22
01/12/20

TAG Arena is a damn JOKE

Love all the OP teams that are supposedly level 60 in Bronze that kick the crap out of any level 90+ folks.  TAG Arena is pitiful and you guys are asshats for making objectives that require ascension in BS game modes.  Seriously considering just calling it quits.  

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 7, 2022, 18:0604/07/22
11/29/20

Most people see it as a time sink, so they just do 5 random battles a day to get their FW keys and don't bother trying to avdance.

So you get stuck with them in tiers they should never be in.  I've always thought once you reached Gold or somewhere a long those lines, you shouldn't be allowed to regress.

Apr 7, 2022, 19:1004/07/22
12/15/20

news flash... the devs don't care.  they just put more 'opportunities'  for you to spend more money.  if the system is broken, literally from the time they implemented it, they'll get around to putting a bandaid on it in a couple more years

Apr 18, 2022, 04:5604/18/22
01/12/20

Well, since they just delete my truthful critisism of how screwed up Arena and Tag Arena are, I will just post again.  You guys have made acheiving goals in either arena mandatory.  But you've also made it impossible to accomplish.  What is the point? I'm level 92 and been playing for 2 years.  I used to spend money if it was really important to me to accomplish something, but it is no longer possible, even if I spent $5000.  So, guess what? I will spend $0 henceforth and you will either eliminate the stupid requirements to do arenas to progress in the achievements, or you won't.  I could really not care either way at this point.  The game has become untenable. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Apr 18, 2022, 05:2604/18/22
05/03/20

I bounce from Bronze 2 to Bronze 1 and back the next week.   Its how the game is set up.  

Apr 18, 2022, 06:5204/18/22
04/27/21

Be humble my friend

Apr 18, 2022, 13:1904/18/22
03/30/21

I have been on the 'reach G1 in tag' mission for some time, not sure i will ever do it- its brutal 

Apr 18, 2022, 14:0804/18/22
12/19/19
BenHuyAmon

I have been on the 'reach G1 in tag' mission for some time, not sure i will ever do it- its brutal 

How close have you got?  Getting high up in green first 4 weeks is important. Having significant time on the weekend to play tag is important.  The teams in S4 are getting more difficult, but the attacking rush on Sunday night is not as bad.  Buy refills if needed, as you likely are picking battles to win 2 of 3 so moving up 10 pts at a time. 

On defense are you getting swept often or have one team that never wins?

Apr 18, 2022, 17:5204/18/22
05/03/20

I am back to Bronze 1 in tag team.  I like the drop.  I get less rewards per battle but there are many more battles that I can.  

Apr 18, 2022, 20:3504/18/22
10/11/20

@BenHuyAmon @Trips I  came  close  a  few  weeks  back,  stayed  in  the  green  most  of  the  week  and  before  reset  I  was  in  the  overflow  half-way  through,  and  still  wasn't  enough.  Went  to  bed  and  woke  up  in  S4.

I  think  at  that  level  being  in  green  is  not  enough,  bc  G1  has  a  limited  number  of  spaces,  and  if  you  don't  make  the  cut  you  stay  where  you  are,  regardless  of  what  color  you're  in.

I  still  have  some  time  before  that  mission  (currently  on  40[MAX]  substats  mission)  but  it  seems  to  get  to  G1  I'll  have  to  spend  the  night  fighting  TTA  until  the  very  last  minute  in  order  to  stand  a  chance.

Apr 18, 2022, 20:4404/18/22
06/25/20
Tyr Anasazi

@BenHuyAmon @Trips I  came  close  a  few  weeks  back,  stayed  in  the  green  most  of  the  week  and  before  reset  I  was  in  the  overflow  half-way  through,  and  still  wasn't  enough.  Went  to  bed  and  woke  up  in  S4.

I  think  at  that  level  being  in  green  is  not  enough,  bc  G1  has  a  limited  number  of  spaces,  and  if  you  don't  make  the  cut  you  stay  where  you  are,  regardless  of  what  color  you're  in.

I  still  have  some  time  before  that  mission  (currently  on  40[MAX]  substats  mission)  but  it  seems  to  get  to  G1  I'll  have  to  spend  the  night  fighting  TTA  until  the  very  last  minute  in  order  to  stand  a  chance.

My guess is that the requirement will be - don't sleep. Stay awake until reset, and if you notice you are starting to drop, fight teams and catch back up.

Apr 18, 2022, 20:4704/18/22
12/19/19
Tyr Anasazi

Being in green is enough, just have to be there at reset which is not a good hour if you are in USA. More activity will happen on Sunday at the top than rest of week combined. That said if you can get to G1 b4 u get to mission, do it! Its not retroactive, but far easier to maintain tier than advance.  

And yes, you may need to sacrifice some sleep for one night  :)

Apr 19, 2022, 02:3504/19/22
11/29/20

i concur.  the push into g1 was really difficult, but now that i'm in it, it's been easy to maintain by going hard up until wednesday or thursday then setting a proper defense.  i got in right when my mission came up (as that's when I was taking it seriously).  i don't even play it on sundays now, i just let it ride out and usually stay up in g1.

are you tripz2win?

Apr 19, 2022, 02:4304/19/22
12/19/19
chris

i concur.  the push into g1 was really difficult, but now that i'm in it, it's been easy to maintain by going hard up until wednesday or thursday then setting a proper defense.  i got in right when my mission came up (as that's when I was taking it seriously).  i don't even play it on sundays now, i just let it ride out and usually stay up in g1.

are you tripz2win?

That is my 2nd account.  Trips2win with "s" is my main. "z" is 2nd.

Apr 19, 2022, 13:5104/19/22
11/29/20
Trips

That is my 2nd account.  Trips2win with "s" is my main. "z" is 2nd.

Saw your 2nd in my defense losses in g1 lol.  I had 3 man teams set with no nukers.

Apr 19, 2022, 14:5304/19/22
12/19/19
chris

Saw your 2nd in my defense losses in g1 lol.  I had 3 man teams set with no nukers.

i

Guessing I would have passed on your full defense.  Trunda, Rotos, Candy? 

Apr 19, 2022, 15:2004/19/22
11/29/20

Yup.  Trunda, Rotos, Switch between candy/leo.

It's solvable though.

Jun 1, 2022, 03:0806/01/22
10/11/20

@Trips @chris Your comments aged like fine wine. I woke up the other morning and was suddenly in G1 and wasn't even trying to get in. I'm still 2 weeks away from that mission, so I was planning to make a push then. Now that I'm in, I expected a fight to the death to stay there for 2 more resets, but turns out, it's arguably easier than in S4. Granted, my teams also got better, got Mithrala and Cardiel in the meantime, but still, seems I overestimated the Gold difficulty.

Jun 1, 2022, 03:5506/01/22
06/25/20
Tyr Anasazi

@Trips @chris Your comments aged like fine wine. I woke up the other morning and was suddenly in G1 and wasn't even trying to get in. I'm still 2 weeks away from that mission, so I was planning to make a push then. Now that I'm in, I expected a fight to the death to stay there for 2 more resets, but turns out, it's arguably easier than in S4. Granted, my teams also got better, got Mithrala and Cardiel in the meantime, but still, seems I overestimated the Gold difficulty.

I think it's partially that, but primarily the expansion of the brackets.

Jun 1, 2022, 13:5506/01/22
12/19/19
Tyr Anasazi

Maintaining is fairly easy with the expanded brackets, I can run solo defense til Friday and stay G3. Haven't tried to push g4 yet. Mith and cardiel are great additions, any deterrent on defense helps. Only way to ensure not losing alot on defense is to not get attacked. 

Jun 1, 2022, 15:0806/01/22
Jun 1, 2022, 15:24(edited)
06/30/21

Im only level 68 main Account, and I do pretty well in low silver?

I think a lot of people have their teams speed tuned/ properly adjusted, and probably spent more time building the teams back when Tag was released, and it was more relevant to play. 

Most of those accounts at high level are day one'rs, and have gotten Drexthar and stayed up in gold long before changes were made everywhere in the game, now classic arena is simpler by design, and obviously compliments a newer player's roster while having missions and challenges and daily quests all centered around classic arena. 

Also, the math behind the scoring/ makes it harder to stay in your bracket or advance,  Since you are fighting 3 separate fights, each with their own arena score (- or +) making the sum always = win 2 or 3 fights then score up, lose 2 or 3 score down. 

• So really you are losing out on more points by losing a match inside of a battle than by just losing a single match in classic arena since your always progressing towards full score at the end of every single match. If you've won 30 fights but have lost 8 in classic, youd still be up 22 x ( amount of points) and in 3v3 if you only won 2 out of 3 fights on average inside of 30 matches, then you would only be  up 10 out of 30. In classic you are losing about 1 every 3r fight ,and in tag you are losing about one every third fight   although you have to consider the extra time it takes to play them, and the fact that you are losing out on more gold bars by just losing one match inside of three fights, the fact that you take a bigger drop in placement if you were to lose the entire match (all three battles) and also considering the player pool size of each bracket used in the algorithm altogether.