Search
Mar 23, 2022, 17:5303/23/22
09/02/19

OK! Need advice about the dragon on dungeon champ builds! 20 stage dragon up

i

i

i

i

OK! These are the champs I got in both normal and vault. I wanna start the champs to build for the dragon as mostly I can beat from 7 stage up but not far from the 20 stages. I wanna do know the artifacts that is new players can put until have the 5,6* artifacts to fit in the champs. Can I ask also If It is OK If can have an arena champs as well for both defense and offense as well in both tag arena. Sorry If that is much but details will be a good thing to help me out. I really appreciate it. Can start the dragon build as write which to start and arena as well. Appreciate to whoever will answer.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 23, 2022, 18:0303/23/22
06/25/20

Dragon 20 is going to be tough with the champs you have. As far as I can tell, you don't have anyone at all with poison, except for Yaga who is trash. Maybe look through your champs and see if you have anyone else? Dragon is best handled by a team, broadly speaking, of:

• Speed Lead champ (you can use Khatun)
  • Wave Clear champ (you can use Elhain)
  • Debuffer champ (you can use Suzerain Katonn)
  • Wave Crowd Control champ (you can use Shatterbones)
  • Poisoner - you don't have anyone for this, from what I can tell

For your other questions, yes, you can and should use the same arena team on offense and defense. The idea that an arena defense team should be a tanky team is a fallacy that a lot of people fall for. Your best defense team is one that opponents avoid fighting, so make it your strongest team available. That said, I wouldn't invest much in arena right now - you're nowhere close to where you need to be in order to be competitive.

Mar 23, 2022, 18:4703/23/22
09/02/19
kramaswamy.kr

Dragon 20 is going to be tough with the champs you have. As far as I can tell, you don't have anyone at all with poison, except for Yaga who is trash. Maybe look through your champs and see if you have anyone else? Dragon is best handled by a team, broadly speaking, of:

• Speed Lead champ (you can use Khatun)
  • Wave Clear champ (you can use Elhain)
  • Debuffer champ (you can use Suzerain Katonn)
  • Wave Crowd Control champ (you can use Shatterbones)
  • Poisoner - you don't have anyone for this, from what I can tell

For your other questions, yes, you can and should use the same arena team on offense and defense. The idea that an arena defense team should be a tanky team is a fallacy that a lot of people fall for. Your best defense team is one that opponents avoid fighting, so make it your strongest team available. That said, I wouldn't invest much in arena right now - you're nowhere close to where you need to be in order to be competitive.

how about Kael as I got it so far but still don't know what builds to put on as that is why i made the escend to 3 stars so far and waiting for good advice about kael. Thanks for the advice and appreciate it for real.

Mar 23, 2022, 18:5103/23/22
06/25/20
coolguy2879

how about Kael as I got it so far but still don't know what builds to put on as that is why i made the escend to 3 stars so far and waiting for good advice about kael. Thanks for the advice and appreciate it for real.

Admittedly I'd missed Kael in the roster. He can definitely do the job, though I'm loathe to recommend him to level, since he will inevitably be replaced before long.

You may want to consider bringing him just to 50, or maybe even just to 40, and seeing if putting gear on him will let him survive the dragon attacks. His only job will be to put poison debuffs on the dragon, so all he needs for stats are DEF/HP/ACC/SPD. You can completely ignore ATK/CR/CD/RES.

I'd start by bringing him to 40 and seeing how he does. It's unlikely to be enough, but it'll give an indication of what you need.

Mar 23, 2022, 20:0603/23/22
09/02/19
kramaswamy.kr

Admittedly I'd missed Kael in the roster. He can definitely do the job, though I'm loathe to recommend him to level, since he will inevitably be replaced before long.

You may want to consider bringing him just to 50, or maybe even just to 40, and seeing if putting gear on him will let him survive the dragon attacks. His only job will be to put poison debuffs on the dragon, so all he needs for stats are DEF/HP/ACC/SPD. You can completely ignore ATK/CR/CD/RES.

I'd start by bringing him to 40 and seeing how he does. It's unlikely to be enough, but it'll give an indication of what you need.

What about the sets do i should use with kael and each of the other champs? for dragon .

Mar 23, 2022, 20:0603/23/22
10/15/20

The Dragon in early stages is not that strong that you really need a poisoner to bring him down. I think a lvl 60 champ with some hit damage can deal more damage than a poison tick up to something like Dragon 16. Just use Lightsworn in your team for now and wait untill you pull a great poisoner like Frozen Banshee, Occult Brawler or champs like that.

Mar 23, 2022, 20:1603/23/22
12/19/19

Another falling into the 50 abyss... brutal 12.3 and 6star champs, stop making 50s lol...

Mar 23, 2022, 20:2103/23/22
12/19/19

I would actually consider suzerain next, though I never used myself lol.  But doesn't really need books, will place aoe debuff with no accuracy required. Would build as a support champ not for damage at all and priority speed/hp/def/res.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 23, 2022, 21:3403/23/22
02/24/19

Suzerain is a great next 60. Brings AoE damage paired with utility and weaken, and buff removal. He was a rock star for me in Faction Wars, and can work well as a campaign farmer.

Mar 23, 2022, 22:0503/23/22
09/02/19
Trips

I would actually consider suzerain next, though I never used myself lol.  But doesn't really need books, will place aoe debuff with no accuracy required. Would build as a support champ not for damage at all and priority speed/hp/def/res.

The advice is good but please as set of gears would be what to put on suze champ or other champs for beginer after all as gears are taking like forever to drop a suitable one. Thx and appreciate it guys.

Mar 23, 2022, 22:1303/23/22
06/25/20

Don't worry too much about set bonuses, for now. Broadly speaking, champs are divided into three categories:

• Damage-dealing champs want to focus on their primary stat, along with Crit Rate, Crit Damage, Speed, and potentially Accuracy
  • Debuffers want to focus on Accuracy and Speed
  • Speed boosters want to focus on Speed

Along with all of those, depending on your team, you'll need varying amounts of HP to survive the damage you take.

Mar 24, 2022, 10:5703/24/22
09/02/19
kramaswamy.kr

Don't worry too much about set bonuses, for now. Broadly speaking, champs are divided into three categories:

• Damage-dealing champs want to focus on their primary stat, along with Crit Rate, Crit Damage, Speed, and potentially Accuracy
  • Debuffers want to focus on Accuracy and Speed
  • Speed boosters want to focus on Speed

Along with all of those, depending on your team, you'll need varying amounts of HP to survive the damage you take.

thx so much for explain it.

Mar 24, 2022, 12:5603/24/22
09/02/19
Skadi

The Dragon in early stages is not that strong that you really need a poisoner to bring him down. I think a lvl 60 champ with some hit damage can deal more damage than a poison tick up to something like Dragon 16. Just use Lightsworn in your team for now and wait untill you pull a great poisoner like Frozen Banshee, Occult Brawler or champs like that.

To be honest. To have a 6* champs is something and have the right gears to make it useful is something else. The game make you start to lose interest in it for the way of making It like impossible to have any useful gears to be able to progrerss in game. What I am going to do is everyday tasks to finish and log everyday to get the everyday log thing and doi cb kill for the clan and this is the whole I can do. Shame as this game should make more but It is the taxes of being a f2p . Thanks anyway for the reply.

Mar 24, 2022, 14:4603/24/22
12/19/19
coolguy2879

The advice is good but please as set of gears would be what to put on suze champ or other champs for beginer after all as gears are taking like forever to drop a suitable one. Thx and appreciate it guys.

"Speed/hp/def/res" as I stated above are the STATS you should maximize IMO for a beginner build.  Don't focus on sets, any of the 2pc sets that increase your stats are helpful.

Others will look at this and think this makes no sense... this is an attack champ , get cr and cd!  And acc to maximize debuffs, and atk to maximize damage.  

They are wrong :)

Mar 25, 2022, 12:5803/25/22
09/02/19
Trips

"Speed/hp/def/res" as I stated above are the STATS you should maximize IMO for a beginner build.  Don't focus on sets, any of the 2pc sets that increase your stats are helpful.

Others will look at this and think this makes no sense... this is an attack champ , get cr and cd!  And acc to maximize debuffs, and atk to maximize damage.  

how about this gears on suzerain? Tell me if need to remove or put another gear than I got. Thx.

i

Mar 25, 2022, 13:0803/25/22
09/02/19
Trips

Or this gears as tried to make my best for both resist and accuracy to be in good stats.

i

Mar 25, 2022, 13:0903/25/22
10/15/20
coolguy2879

how about this gears on suzerain? Tell me if need to remove or put another gear than I got. Thx.

i

Nobody can tell you if this is the right gear from this pic, because you don't show us the gear. 

Weapons allways have flat attack as main stat, helmest allways have flat hp as main stat, shields allways have flat def as mainstat. In opposite to that, the items on the bottom row, gloves, chest and boots, can have different main stats, such as atk or atk%, def or def%, c. rate, c. damage, speed and others.

In this pic, the stats of the artifacts are not shown.

In general, do NOT use artifacts below 4* (like your boots). Try to use as less as 4* as possible, only higher. Do NOT use gloves, chest or boots that have flat attack, hp or def as main stat, these items are trash and should be sold immediately.

And, as Trips allready said, do NOT try to use complete sets for any price. The set bonus is small. For example two artifacts from attack set give as bonus 15% attack. A 6* lvl 16 chest with attack as mainstat gives 60% attack. If you could use either a 6* chest with attack% or a 3* chest with attack% (30% attack% main stat at lvl 16) just to complete the bonus, you will end up with 45% (30% from 3* lvl 16 chest + 15% set bonus). Obviously 60% is more than 30%. If you would use, even worse, a flat attack chest to complete the set bonus, your champ wouldn't do notable damage anymore at all. 

Mar 25, 2022, 13:3103/25/22
12/19/19

Spend 90% of your energy, if not more in 12.3 brutal. If you can't do dragon 13 yet then spend all except to daily quests.  

Do not equip gear unleveled. Upgrade to 4 or 8 then decide to sell or keep and Upgrade to 12. Be selective, as 99% of your gear is useless crap right now :)  

Someone can probably point you to some beginner videos to help you, otherwise you are going to be making mistakes left and right wasting silver. I can't really offer more advice until you understand the basics. 

Making chickens until you figure things out is best use of energy. 

And ignore the progress missions. 

Mar 25, 2022, 14:0003/25/22
Mar 25, 2022, 14:05(edited)
10/15/20

To give a showcase of what I said above, my Dark Elhain.

i

As you can see, I use only one complete set, a 4-piece Swift Parry. In addition to that, she has gloves from attack and a chest from defense set. That gives no additional set bonus, I know that. But I ignore it, because the single items I use here are so good, they are much better than the small set bonus of either 15% attack or 15% def would ever be.

Here are the items I use on the bottom row.

i

Main stat 40 speed. Substats are 6% attack, 13% hp, 18 acc, 6% c. rate.

i

Main stat 60% attack. Substats 6% hp, 54 def (that's a bad sub stat, but you have to use the items you really have, not the items you can imagine in your dreams), 6% c. damage and 18% c.rate. That's why I use this chest armor, I can achieve 99% 😣 c. rate just from sub stats, so the gloves can have c. damage as main stat.

i

Main stat 80% c. damage. Substats 13% c. rate, 10% attack, 389 hp, 6 speed.

Just ignore the set bonus, use good items to get the stats your champs need. 

Mar 25, 2022, 15:1903/25/22
09/02/19
Skadi

Nobody can tell you if this is the right gear from this pic, because you don't show us the gear. 

Weapons allways have flat attack as main stat, helmest allways have flat hp as main stat, shields allways have flat def as mainstat. In opposite to that, the items on the bottom row, gloves, chest and boots, can have different main stats, such as atk or atk%, def or def%, c. rate, c. damage, speed and others.

In this pic, the stats of the artifacts are not shown.

In general, do NOT use artifacts below 4* (like your boots). Try to use as less as 4* as possible, only higher. Do NOT use gloves, chest or boots that have flat attack, hp or def as main stat, these items are trash and should be sold immediately.

And, as Trips allready said, do NOT try to use complete sets for any price. The set bonus is small. For example two artifacts from attack set give as bonus 15% attack. A 6* lvl 16 chest with attack as mainstat gives 60% attack. If you could use either a 6* chest with attack% or a 3* chest with attack% (30% attack% main stat at lvl 16) just to complete the bonus, you will end up with 45% (30% from 3* lvl 16 chest + 15% set bonus). Obviously 60% is more than 30%. If you would use, even worse, a flat attack chest to complete the set bonus, your champ wouldn't do notable damage anymore at all. 

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

I didn't know about the 5,6 star thing as thx for letting me know and now I WILL HAVE TO RE GEAR MOST OF MY CHAMPS AS UGH BETTER TO KNOW NOW THAN NEVER. kNEW NOW i Am so bad in fights. Here is the first sets i put and will do the second as well but after doing the 5,6 not less if got any 6 star gears. thx.

Mar 25, 2022, 15:3303/25/22
09/02/19

I will save a lot of silver from what i see as will have to do much of gears to switch and also the odds of lvl up gears make silver wasted so will be much of work to do. I will look for gears wiht 5,6* that makes my champ stats better high and good for the task not sets now. Built wrong but glad i knew now.