All Categories

Anyone else bored with Raid?

Search
Mar 18, 2022, 18:5603/18/22
09/14/19

Getting good champs is key to the game - and it's &*^*&^ frustrating when you spend and get jack crap on the pulls.  The rest of the game is rinse repeat of...oh nothing new.  When new content comes out, yay! Exciting! for about 1 week.  Clan stuff, cool - but those not in a big clan now at a huge disadvantage with drops (mythic gear, etc) - so there's really no way to compete unless you:

1. spend

2. play a very long time and hope the champ drop rate favors you

3. join a clan with a bunch of strangers and play enough so you don't get kicked out

Kinda boring..and with new games coming out with NFT's - why would anyone spend anything on any game from Plarium?    I've played for almost 3yrs, have a decent set of champs, can get into Platinum Arena, but can't stay it in because I haven't pulled any good def champs.  In a clan, but not a big one, mainly close friends - who don't play that often.  Used to spend on this game, but haven't really spent for the last 4-6 mo's - spent on other games instead, because, quite bluntly - I get more from them than here.

Thoughts?

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 18, 2022, 19:4103/18/22
06/25/20

Three years is a long time to be playing any game, let alone one as grindy as this. I don't think there's anything unusual with your interest waning.

Mar 18, 2022, 19:5303/18/22
09/14/19
kramaswamy.kr

Three years is a long time to be playing any game, let alone one as grindy as this. I don't think there's anything unusual with your interest waning.

Other game I'm playing I've been playing for 8 - still semi interested in it. 🤔

Mar 18, 2022, 19:5503/18/22
09/14/19
WhyPlay

Other game I'm playing I've been playing for 8 - still semi interested in it. 🤔

I'll also note - I've played Diablo for 5+yrs, Dark Ages of Camelot for 5+yrs, etc..these games have horrible grind mechanisms as well - but kept it interesting enough for me to keep playing.

Raid - nope - it's all about dropping money to get the right champs to win - that's all it is - and Plarium doesn't even  bother to hide it.

Mar 18, 2022, 20:0203/18/22
06/25/20
WhyPlay

I'll also note - I've played Diablo for 5+yrs, Dark Ages of Camelot for 5+yrs, etc..these games have horrible grind mechanisms as well - but kept it interesting enough for me to keep playing.

Raid - nope - it's all about dropping money to get the right champs to win - that's all it is - and Plarium doesn't even  bother to hide it.

Sure. But one key difference between RSL and any of those other games you mentioned? RSL is a mobile, FTP game. The others are all PC, and require purchases. That allows them to fund significantly more development.

Now, that being said - I fully expect Plarium is raking in a *ton* of money, and could easily afford to spend more on development. My guess is they just have no interest in doing so - the RoI for spending that money is likely to not be very significant.

Mar 18, 2022, 20:0603/18/22
09/14/19
kramaswamy.kr

Sure. But one key difference between RSL and any of those other games you mentioned? RSL is a mobile, FTP game. The others are all PC, and require purchases. That allows them to fund significantly more development.

Now, that being said - I fully expect Plarium is raking in a *ton* of money, and could easily afford to spend more on development. My guess is they just have no interest in doing so - the RoI for spending that money is likely to not be very significant.

Well, I don't play Raid on my mobile - I play it on my pc.  The other games, you didn't really have to pay anything to win - just a monthly subscription to play - which is significantly cheaper as it gives you unlimited play time during the month.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Plarium is raking in $$$$ for Raid - mainly outside the US now(aka Asia).  Most likely because Asian countries take the kind of games as income - where they can build characters/accounts and sell them pretty easily.

OpheliaA1Moderator
Mar 22, 2022, 21:5003/22/22
03/11/19

Hello @WhyPlay 

I will reply on the basis of your request: ''Thoughts?'' 

Here are my thoughts. I can nit-pick your comments
directed at game mechanics, however, that I will not do. Instead, I will be
taking another route. 

One way to analyse a problem is by finding out the way
the problem has been stated. Let us take a look at some words we use to express
the way we feel about the game. Specifically, the word ''bored'' 

''bored: feeling unhappy because something is not
interesting or because you have nothing to do:'' 

(https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bored) 

I think this sheds a bit of light on the issue, however,
it does not tell the full story. The elements you have mentioned which
expresses the way you feel about the game are in line with the definition. But
the question is, what is the solution?  

Generally, emotions come about for certain reasons. Some
of those reasons may stem from survival instincts. Now, what does boredom have
to do with survival?  

Boredom is necessary for survival because it is a call
for us to pause and let our mind wonder. It is a call for our minds to
solve complex things, we ought to embrace boredom, instead, we seek ways to
''get out of'' boredom through stimulation and subsequently, overstimulation,
which in turn stops our mind’s call of ‘’boredom’’, even though it insists us to
be so. Therefore, it is possible to say, let yourself be bored, pause, embrace
boredom, feel it, be it, and contemplate, contemplate the complexities of
being. Contemplate your mind, your thoughts, feelings, emotions. Contemplate
the complexities of life, of the stars. Allow your mind to express itself. If you
cannot hear anything, or if it's too loud, that is ok, look out the window,
watch the cars pass by, notice the stars falling. 

my kindest regards 

ophe 

Mar 22, 2022, 22:1303/22/22
09/14/19
OpheliaA1

Hello @WhyPlay 

I will reply on the basis of your request: ''Thoughts?'' 

Here are my thoughts. I can nit-pick your comments
directed at game mechanics, however, that I will not do. Instead, I will be
taking another route. 

One way to analyse a problem is by finding out the way
the problem has been stated. Let us take a look at some words we use to express
the way we feel about the game. Specifically, the word ''bored'' 

''bored: feeling unhappy because something is not
interesting or because you have nothing to do:'' 

(https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bored) 

I think this sheds a bit of light on the issue, however,
it does not tell the full story. The elements you have mentioned which
expresses the way you feel about the game are in line with the definition. But
the question is, what is the solution?  

Generally, emotions come about for certain reasons. Some
of those reasons may stem from survival instincts. Now, what does boredom have
to do with survival?  

Boredom is necessary for survival because it is a call
for us to pause and let our mind wonder. It is a call for our minds to
solve complex things, we ought to embrace boredom, instead, we seek ways to
''get out of'' boredom through stimulation and subsequently, overstimulation,
which in turn stops our mind’s call of ‘’boredom’’, even though it insists us to
be so. Therefore, it is possible to say, let yourself be bored, pause, embrace
boredom, feel it, be it, and contemplate, contemplate the complexities of
being. Contemplate your mind, your thoughts, feelings, emotions. Contemplate
the complexities of life, of the stars. Allow your mind to express itself. If you
cannot hear anything, or if it's too loud, that is ok, look out the window,
watch the cars pass by, notice the stars falling. 

my kindest regards 

ophe 

Lol..interesting take - not applicable here.  Game used to be interesting - but the only real change is that Plarium has become more money grubbing than before and flaunts it.  There's no challange anymore. Spend to get better champs, or wait long enough for the RnG (which is probably programmed poorly and skewed) to favor you.  The  game has become boring for players like me - who have enough of a champ roster that can finish just about anything easily - but not in a large clan so is excluded from drops that will make a difference.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 22, 2022, 23:5303/22/22
02/24/19
WhyPlay

Lol..interesting take - not applicable here.  Game used to be interesting - but the only real change is that Plarium has become more money grubbing than before and flaunts it.  There's no challange anymore. Spend to get better champs, or wait long enough for the RnG (which is probably programmed poorly and skewed) to favor you.  The  game has become boring for players like me - who have enough of a champ roster that can finish just about anything easily - but not in a large clan so is excluded from drops that will make a difference.

I mean, why not join a large clan? Seems an okay solution if your clan is the reason you aren't getting the drops you need to make a difference, and to not be bored?

Mar 22, 2022, 23:5703/22/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I mean, why not join a large clan? Seems an okay solution if your clan is the reason you aren't getting the drops you need to make a difference, and to not be bored?

Gotta agree here. It's not bad rng that gives you less  drops, it's bad decisions... if you know joining a larger clan means more rewards (and less boredom?), seems like an obvious solution. 

Mar 23, 2022, 12:2103/23/22
02/28/22

Seems to me and I know I've not been around as long as a lot of you - but it looks like they are breaking the game :- how?

1.  New champs are way to overpowered for the game, I know you won't agree but for example Lydia with the block revive which not only does that but revives her dead team champs and gets an extra turn if none are dead - it means in arena especially tag you can go looking for defensive teams that have revivers and pretty much guarantee a win as the AI will always use revive, from my clan chat it happens a lot, it should be 20% chance or 30% to block not 100%

Nekhret the Great  - I mean wow - just why did the game need someone this powerful?

Theres others, and they are not needed for the balance of the game, I reckon it's so folk buy shards trying to get them, or buy shards to finish faction wars, Nekhret has 5 stars on everything but Dark Fae and Dreadhorn on Ayumi which is crazy

Stoneskin and protection gear - I saw someone relate to HellHades video as not bothered by someones views on this - I think HH when he says all the content creators said it was a bad idea they should be listened to but Plarium didn't 

Things that alter the fundemental baseline of any game eventually bring about it's demise and these are changing the game 'norm' every change should include some balance, how do you balance Lydia? build three tag defence teams with no revivers? yeah so no arbiters etc, you aren't going to move up the tiers like that are you?

Time spent on a game should be fun, even if it's grinding, if I've spent 3 minutes defeating a dungeon boss (yes slow I know) and auto'd it and win with ALL my team standing so it was no fluke why should I have to do it again, I should be able to select in super raids not only 2 times but 5, 10, 15, 20 and the same in faction wars, campaign, doom tower, putting multi battle on for 40 turns on dragon and coming back in two hours is not productive

Don't get me wrong I like the game, I got really excited the other day when I got a legendary from a blue shard and someone called warchief stumbled out, I got disappointed really quickly - there's loads of legendaries they should buff but even when they do usually they are still useless, but of course folk already have these and don't need to buy shards to get them

Mar 23, 2022, 15:0103/23/22
02/14/21

Not sure bored is the right word for me.

More like tired of RNG.

This Game is RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG and they just keep adding to the RNG that for me it gets tiresome, and feels like a lazy way to program.

Mar 23, 2022, 15:1503/23/22
11/15/20

yeah I'm getting tired of it too but im only lev 46 and alot awaits me. I will not abandon this game till i complete it. 

Mar 23, 2022, 16:1103/23/22
05/03/20
WhyPlay

In its hayday Dark Age of Camelot was a masterpiece in gaming.  It took Everquest ideas and processes and added it to a great game with well thought out PvP.  And you didn't have to do anything but buy the game and grind.  No additional costs to just remain competitive.  Imagine that!  Hard work to do well in a game, not how deep is your wallet...

Mar 23, 2022, 16:1403/23/22
02/14/21
kumacho

In its hayday Dark Age of Camelot was a masterpiece in gaming.  It took Everquest ideas and processes and added it to a great game with well thought out PvP.  And you didn't have to do anything but buy the game and grind.  No additional costs to just remain competitive.  Imagine that!  Hard work to do well in a game, not how deep is your wallet...

I miss my Warden in DAoC =)

Mar 23, 2022, 17:4303/23/22
09/02/19

Let's just say this. I got this game at like 2019 when was searching for a game to play on mobile. Got it then was way so frustarting for the greedy way of developers who always make you have to use real cash for having better situation especially with energy and artifacts. I am not bored but just the way that each players who been playing years this game. They make videos on how to build a champ or champs without considering new comers or the players who went back to game and have not enough of artifacts to put on champs. Game developers does put some highlights but the issue is this. You can't find a site or place that put the builds of each champ to beginners way up as all or most put the up or mid game to end game players. Game is not bad as rarely find a game that let you have gems in different ways . Bored only when have nothing to do when wait for enerhy to refill or keys for CB.