All Categories

Whats the deal with these progress missions?

Search
Mar 10, 2022, 07:5103/10/22
09/13/19

Example: I have completed 2 future missions. One seem to be completed and the other one looks like I still havent completed it. Why?

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 10, 2022, 08:3803/10/22
10/15/20

Some missions are retroactive, some do only count if you do them while the mission is active. Especially missions that can't be repeatet are retroactive, like bringing your Great Hall to a certain level. Imagine you would bring all stats of your Great Hall over that level before you get the mission, you could never complete it anymore if it wouldn't be retroactive.

Mar 10, 2022, 09:1503/10/22
02/13/21

Whats the deal with airline food...

Mar 10, 2022, 09:2103/10/22
09/13/19
Skadi

Some missions are retroactive, some do only count if you do them while the mission is active. Especially missions that can't be repeatet are retroactive, like bringing your Great Hall to a certain level. Imagine you would bring all stats of your Great Hall over that level before you get the mission, you could never complete it anymore if it wouldn't be retroactive.

This is annoying since I was stable at Gold IV arena 2 years ago and now when I come back its a total whalefest at that lvl xD. Arbiter is forever out of my reach. Sad :(

Mar 10, 2022, 09:3403/10/22
02/13/21

Maybe not.  If you want to post your roster maybe we can brainstorm some ideas to get you back up there

Mar 10, 2022, 10:4803/10/22
02/28/22
RoseRoyal

Maybe not.  If you want to post your roster maybe we can brainstorm some ideas to get you back up there

That sounds a bit condescending - if they got to G4 before they probably have a good team and knows how to play the game, thing is they are right, I'm only G1 bu,t a lot of my clan chat is about the arena and how bad it is, apparently G5 was meant to help but hasn't, 600 points to get there from G4? what's that about?  As you get higher in G4 it seems sometimes you get 4 points for a win because the teams it brings back are mainly ranked lower than you, 

In my tier most of the teams i'm getting have an Arbiter, Hegemon, Madame, which gets pretty frustrating

Mar 10, 2022, 14:2603/10/22
05/03/20
RoseRoyal

Whats the deal with airline food...

It's a plane, not a restaurant, Mr. Seinfeld.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 10, 2022, 16:0703/10/22
Mar 10, 2022, 16:09(edited)
12/30/20
Ratted

That sounds a bit condescending - if they got to G4 before they probably have a good team and knows how to play the game, thing is they are right, I'm only G1 bu,t a lot of my clan chat is about the arena and how bad it is, apparently G5 was meant to help but hasn't, 600 points to get there from G4? what's that about?  As you get higher in G4 it seems sometimes you get 4 points for a win because the teams it brings back are mainly ranked lower than you, 

In my tier most of the teams i'm getting have an Arbiter, Hegemon, Madame, which gets pretty frustrating

There's nothing condescending about it. Rose is trying to merely offer you a reasonable suggestion that has a potential positive expectation rather than just being frustrated by the situation, which you are judging by your recent thread you started here. No one has any way of knowing your current roster, gear, approach to the game so on and so forth. Just seems that might be a better route rather than posting in three threads with a simlar take. Up to you, of course. 

The inverse to that 4 points you ran into is higher ranked teams can offer 16 points, too.

The game has changed quite a bit in the last two years, specifically with regards to speed requirements if that's the route you're trying to go in Arena.

Mar 11, 2022, 12:2803/11/22
12/19/19

I'm available for some real condescending posts if needed.  I read that 3x, couldn't find an ounce of condescending. 

I am curious as to whether the G5 addition has had any impact at all.  All I know is it seems solo defenses in G5 than the old G4, far less.  Not sure how new G4 is tbh.  And guessing no impact in lower levels. 

I guess if G5 was growing each week it would eventually trickle down? RAID-enomics

OpheliaA1Moderator
Mar 13, 2022, 15:5403/13/22
03/11/19

Arena is like a driving test 

If you're performing top-notch and suddenly a random car/person/bike/or anything else intervenes in your way, unexpectedly, and you react to it in such a way, or the examinor feels the situation requires it, whereby the examinor decides to use the brakes, that is an instant ''failed test''

So in a way, the other parts of the game ''pve'' are the controlled environments, 

whereas ''pvp'' is ''the outside world'' 

and the pvp missions are the ''driving tests''

this analogy is by no means to justify the correctness of the state of arena or if it's ''perfect'' or not

this is only a ''perspective'' 

in any case, I wish you all the best, you got this 

kind regards

Mar 14, 2022, 04:0803/14/22
11/29/20

G5 was created to make the G4 arena mission easier, and it seems to be.  I have no desire to jump into g5 so I keep a pretty weak defense.

I *really* struggled getting the arbi mission done, and I still don't think any of the progress missions should be tied to arena or 3v3.  a lot of it IS about lucky pulls, if you get a hege for example, you've won the arena.  Everytime someone else gets their arbi mission though, that's one more arbi you gotta face in the arena, and it makes it tougher for anyone else to get in as it's already overflowing with people with better champs, better gear, better great halls, etc.

The g4 i got into a year ago, is completely different from the one today, and it'll only get worse.