All Categories

game design is my passion: arbiter edition

Search
Mar 9, 2022, 13:1903/09/22
01/04/20

guys i have a question as a no arbiter peasant how exactly am I supposed to play the classic arena gamemode in the video game raid shadow legends??

i mean i didn't expect it to get better after leaving the kymar and dutchess infestation in the infernal pits of silver 3/4, i'm still trying to figure out how you're in silver with those champions

but getting an average of 8 arbiters in every arena roll in gold 1 as a returning/new player going through the progress missions is the most enjoyable experience i can imagine. you can say im just crying because i don't have arbiter but me losing in arena isn't the problem

you have a game with 30 trillion champions and in arena you are just fighting the same champion every time

the lower ranks are fun because everybody is running scuffed teams with the most random combos and insane strats, you never know whats going to happen, there's variety and there's actual gameplay going on

and then you get to gold 1 and get into this snorefest where there really isn't any gameplay at all. if you fight arbiter you just lose, 30% speed aura very interactive gameplay (XD), and then all you have left is those 1 champion defense teams where there is no gameplay

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 9, 2022, 13:2203/09/22
06/25/20

Well. You can start by posting your roster. Arbiter teams are difficult, sure, but gear and team comp are much bigger influencers than that 30% aura.

Mar 9, 2022, 13:4603/09/22
02/14/21

The short answer is Arena will never be fixed IMO.

They do not want it to be fixed, as they beleive it is their star attraction( biggest money maker )

Now we will get both sides here, all the defenders will tell you it is WIA and get gud, and people like me who loathe it will tell you it will not be fixxed until enough people complain and bots are put back in.

Sorry very jaded as I have been farming Dragon 20 for 3 months straight now and the best I have is 280 speed  on Gorb, I get to about 100 points in G1 and then just start losing til about 50 points in then get teams I can beat again it really is no fun IMO.

Mar 9, 2022, 17:1503/09/22
10/15/20
Minin

The short answer is Arena will never be fixed IMO.

They do not want it to be fixed, as they beleive it is their star attraction( biggest money maker )

Now we will get both sides here, all the defenders will tell you it is WIA and get gud, and people like me who loathe it will tell you it will not be fixxed until enough people complain and bots are put back in.

Sorry very jaded as I have been farming Dragon 20 for 3 months straight now and the best I have is 280 speed  on Gorb, I get to about 100 points in G1 and then just start losing til about 50 points in then get teams I can beat again it really is no fun IMO.

You are just 100% wrong, if you say that everybody who gives tips about strategy (git gud) is a defender of of the actual, bad designed arena system. I'm definetly not. But arena will not change. I don't say "arena is so great, I hope it will never change." I say, it will not change. The same complaints about arena since the past 2 years, and everything they did (Gold V) just changed absolutely nothing.

There are two ways to handle the bad arena system: get the best team you can build and go into Gold IV to achieve your Arbiter, or sit in Gold I, Silver IV or wherever and don't achieve your Arbiter. A lot of people in the forum are willing to help others.

Btw. 280 speed on Gorgorab would be something like 293 on Apo, if they exchange their artifacts. The higher base speed alone is 9 points, resulting in better set bonus and lore of steel mastery bonus.

Mar 9, 2022, 17:4403/09/22
02/14/21
Skadi

You are just 100% wrong, if you say that everybody who gives tips about strategy (git gud) is a defender of of the actual, bad designed arena system. I'm definetly not. But arena will not change. I don't say "arena is so great, I hope it will never change." I say, it will not change. The same complaints about arena since the past 2 years, and everything they did (Gold V) just changed absolutely nothing.

There are two ways to handle the bad arena system: get the best team you can build and go into Gold IV to achieve your Arbiter, or sit in Gold I, Silver IV or wherever and don't achieve your Arbiter. A lot of people in the forum are willing to help others.

Btw. 280 speed on Gorgorab would be something like 293 on Apo, if they exchange their artifacts. The higher base speed alone is 9 points, resulting in better set bonus and lore of steel mastery bonus.

Thanks for the advice.

I only have 1 apo and he is not built for Arena, and i have never been able to get the double TM boost to work as my Nukers no mater how I build them never 1 shot teams 😀

Mar 9, 2022, 18:1703/09/22
06/25/20
Minin

Thanks for the advice.

I only have 1 apo and he is not built for Arena, and i have never been able to get the double TM boost to work as my Nukers no mater how I build them never 1 shot teams 😀

Git gud :)

Mar 9, 2022, 20:0803/09/22
02/14/21
kramaswamy.kr

Git gud :)

Thanks

I know my Skullcrown with 4400 atk, 100 crit and 223 CD just blows chunks and can not kill debuffed targets 😁and yes using the A2 I am dumb not stupid 😁😂

Mar 9, 2022, 20:2903/09/22
06/25/20

If Skullcrown with those stats is not oneshotting the enemy team, it's almost certainly because of one of three things:

1) They have a big shield you couldn't remove

2) You weren't able to land DEF down before your nuke

3) They have a champ like Ursaga who is absorbing a bunch of the damage

1 and 2 are both solved in the same way. Serris. If you don't have Serris, then you'll need to either resort to using two separate champs, one to remove buffs and the other to debuff, or just hope that you aren't up against a team with block debuffs on an important champ.

I mean, you can't really argue this. I see Skullcrown teams *all the time* in G4. If they didn't work, they wouldn't be there.

Mar 9, 2022, 20:3703/09/22
02/14/21
kramaswamy.kr

If Skullcrown with those stats is not oneshotting the enemy team, it's almost certainly because of one of three things:

1) They have a big shield you couldn't remove

2) You weren't able to land DEF down before your nuke

3) They have a champ like Ursaga who is absorbing a bunch of the damage

1 and 2 are both solved in the same way. Serris. If you don't have Serris, then you'll need to either resort to using two separate champs, one to remove buffs and the other to debuff, or just hope that you aren't up against a team with block debuffs on an important champ.

I mean, you can't really argue this. I see Skullcrown teams *all the time* in G4. If they didn't work, they wouldn't be there.

While I agree, I do not have MS to remove buffs my debuffer is around 250ish Acc and land debuffs NP, things just do not die and I have not been able to figure out why so have gone back to my CC team and will be in G1 until the bots come back 😀😁😂

Yes I understand thsi is how Arena is but this does not mean I have to like it or take it in silence 😜

Mar 10, 2022, 09:3703/10/22
Mar 10, 2022, 09:41(edited)
01/04/20

the issue for me isn't losing to arbiter, I understand its just about being patient and grinding out better gear until i can compete with arbiter's ridiculous aura

the issue is you've flooded the game with an extremely strong champion and there's a very real barrier between people who have it and people who don't. and the issue isn't so much that some players struggle against this champion but how you've made arena incredibly unfun

i would still be complaining even if i could easily trash every arbiter team in gold. it's not fun playing against the same champion over and over again. in a game with hundreds of champions you know something's wrong when you see the same champion in every roster 8 out of 10 teams

i also want to do other comps besides arbiter, but when i get arbiter eventually, i am basically forced to use her because i'm just shooting myself in the foot if i don't use pretty much the best aura in the game in my comp, so i don't blame people for using her