All Categories

No real time pvp?

No real time pvp?

Search
Feb 28, 2022, 13:3902/28/22

No real time pvp?

Hi, i am new here, i see there is no real time PvP , you only play against player setups but that are still computer controled.

I mean, how hard can it be? Heroes of Might and Magic figured out PvP in the 90s, Hearthstone, Magic the Gatherhing, there are templates for PvP for turn based games. Why dont we have one here already?

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Feb 28, 2022, 15:2102/28/22
12/30/20

Hi, welcome. 

It is an interesting idea but I could see a few potential problems.

The first one being that I think that Raid functions quite differently from turn based card games. Those lend themselves to turn based play as players build boards and due to (sometimes) intricate board states, players specifically need lots of opportunities for decisions, especially MTG.

I think from a time standpoint it could also be potentially problematic, specifically in very defensive certain matchups. Higher level arena has tons of defensive comps and depending how much time was given to players, getting through all your arena tokens could end up taking entirely too much time. 

We also do have the option of controlling our own side of combat manually, or adjusting the AI to act as we wish. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 28, 2022, 17:4902/28/22
Feb 28, 2022, 17:50(edited)
02/24/19

Some kind of real time PvP would be awesome though....

Even if only exclusively during CvC or some other time...

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 28, 2022, 18:2102/28/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Some kind of real time PvP would be awesome though....

Even if only exclusively during CvC or some other time...

Or if we're ever able to do PvP specifically versus clanmates, per that thread a little while back. Now that might be fun. 

Mar 2, 2022, 14:5103/02/22

@dthorne04

¨ We also do have the option of controlling our own side of combat manually, or adjusting the AI to act as we wish.  ¨ 

I dont know what you are talking about adjusting the AI, i didnt see that option, anyways

PvP is PvP, and this game dosnt have it, and it should be very easy to implement, i am sure they are losing alot of players for lack of true PvP.

I for one am very disapointed for not having PvP.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 2, 2022, 21:4803/02/22
12/30/20
Deleted

@dthorne04

¨ We also do have the option of controlling our own side of combat manually, or adjusting the AI to act as we wish.  ¨ 

I dont know what you are talking about adjusting the AI, i didnt see that option, anyways

PvP is PvP, and this game dosnt have it, and it should be very easy to implement, i am sure they are losing alot of players for lack of true PvP.

I for one am very disapointed for not having PvP.

It is PvP in the sense that you are matched up against other players, but not real time PvP, sure. 

While I know it's not exactly what you're looking for: to find the team setup for AI (specifically in this case for arena), go to whatever piece of content you're trying to play. In this case we can head to the defense page in arena, clicking that sliding bar icon on the far right: 

i

Followed by this page where you can adjust the priorities for moves on your chosen champions: 

i

Basically giving you a level of control over how your champion AI behaves when challenged in arena, in this case. 

Mar 4, 2022, 16:4703/04/22
dthorne04

It is PvP in the sense that you are matched up against other players, but not real time PvP, sure. 

While I know it's not exactly what you're looking for: to find the team setup for AI (specifically in this case for arena), go to whatever piece of content you're trying to play. In this case we can head to the defense page in arena, clicking that sliding bar icon on the far right: 

i

Followed by this page where you can adjust the priorities for moves on your chosen champions: 

i

Basically giving you a level of control over how your champion AI behaves when challenged in arena, in this case. 

Havnt found that button with the slides, i think it was removed