All Categories

Arena Team power confusion

Search
Feb 15, 2022, 05:4302/15/22
01/22/22

I'm new, 3 weeks. I don't get the arena team power stat. Sometimes it's sorta accurate other times it's grossly missleading. Can anyone explain?

Example: My team lists as 36k and I'm going up against one listed as 30k. Our team makeup is similar, no legendaries and a single epic each. My team is 3 lvl 50 & one 48, theirs is two lvl 50s, one 40 and one 25. We both have a Kael. My Kael is a 5 star level 50, fully booked, 2X16 artifacts and the rest of his gear are level 12-14. Their Kael is level 25, 4 stars. Then we battle. My Kael knocks off a pixel or two from my opponents health bar(s) and the other Kael does about 80% damage. My entire team went first and left barely a scratch. Then their team killed mine with just two attacks. Two of their champs never needed to swing. It seems to me that if my power was 36K, theirs should be something north of 360K, based on how the battle went. What gives?

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Feb 15, 2022, 05:4902/15/22
02/24/19

Team power is not an indicator of winning or losing. It just tells us abotu specific team makeups more than anything else, once you get to Gold.

Right now, work on getting your Kael to 60 and hitting arena for any quests you need to complete each day. While doing so, just focus on figuring out what kind of champs and teams you do well against, and which ones you don't. 

Once you get a decent anount of practice and are running arena with 4 60s, you will look at enemy champs and their team power, and it will tell you things about whether the team is a Speed team, a Resist team, or lots of funky stuff in between.

I know that answer might be unsatisying, but we are here to help when you are ready to put together a dedicated arena team. :)

Feb 15, 2022, 07:4102/15/22
04/12/21

Chances are the other champs are significant aside from Kael.  Your defense may get severely diminished, or your turn meter may be diminished, his attack may be increased, and other effects can happen.  So look into what else he is using besides Kael.  

You can try practicing with your team in the Campaign runs at different levels (normal hard, brutal)  and see more of what is happening.  You can turn on the "info" button and get a better picture of what is happening.  Nothing straight forward and simple about arena, takes lots of practice and experience, can't just go by champ names and power.

Feb 15, 2022, 12:3002/15/22
01/02/22

From  what  i  gather  different  stats  are  weighted  differently.  Dont  know  the  specifics  but  resist  is  weighted  more  but  really  not  that  useful  certainly  in  arena.  Acc  and  speed  are  useful  maybe  weighted  more  but  then  straight  atk,  hp,  def  not  fancy,  not  glamorous  but  going  to  have  a  big  effect  on  your  team  maybe  not  weighed  as  much.

Some  people  have  second  accounts  if  theyre  really  into  it  and  looks  like  they  may  be  piling  on  specific  stats  to  a  dedicated  arena  team.  Their  power  isnt  high  but  get  the  job  done  well.  Im  silver  3  and  am  wary  of  anyone  too  low  power  for  the  teir  like  80k  to  my  106.  But  i  can  overpower  some  with  brute  force  so  cant  disregard  some  that  may  be  easy  fights.  

Feb 15, 2022, 13:3502/15/22
04/12/21

If you play in tag team arena you will be able to have 3 teams that you can hold a constant population but tinker and upgrade the champs at your leisure. So they will grow in power over time.  It may be what others are doing to you, so although they may appear to be weaker, in reality they have been refined quite a bit.

Also often we have a quest that requires a temporary alteration to your team, such as defeating a stronger team or using a certain affinity, which can just be one champ for one battle.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 15, 2022, 13:5302/15/22
02/24/19
Admiral_Akbar

From  what  i  gather  different  stats  are  weighted  differently.  Dont  know  the  specifics  but  resist  is  weighted  more  but  really  not  that  useful  certainly  in  arena.  Acc  and  speed  are  useful  maybe  weighted  more  but  then  straight  atk,  hp,  def  not  fancy,  not  glamorous  but  going  to  have  a  big  effect  on  your  team  maybe  not  weighed  as  much.

Some  people  have  second  accounts  if  theyre  really  into  it  and  looks  like  they  may  be  piling  on  specific  stats  to  a  dedicated  arena  team.  Their  power  isnt  high  but  get  the  job  done  well.  Im  silver  3  and  am  wary  of  anyone  too  low  power  for  the  teir  like  80k  to  my  106.  But  i  can  overpower  some  with  brute  force  so  cant  disregard  some  that  may  be  easy  fights.  

Resist and Crit are weighted the highest. Speed is not weighted very highly.

So let's look at a team with 60k or 80k when you are 106k. Because of the low power, I would be looking for a Speed team. If it has obvious Speed boosters like Apothecary, Seeker, High Khatun or Arbiter, and has an arena speed aura champ in the lead slot (like Arbi, HK, Genbo, Gogorab), it likely could be a Speed nuke team. You can confirm this by looking for the debuffer, like Serris/Uugo/Dhukk/Tayrel/Aleksandr/etc, and the nuker, like Kael/Genbo/Big'Un/Trunda/etc...