All Categories

CB team addition?

CB team addition?

Search
Feb 13, 2022, 22:4602/13/22
11/28/21

CB team addition?

Hey  guys,  

Building out my first CB team right  now  and with the help of everyone here decided to go with:

Ninja

Ghrush

Steelskull

Grizzled Jarl

Bad El

Currently,  I have Ninja, Ghrush, and Bad El built out and 60’d. Im  working on Steelskull who’s currently 50, and then Grizzled Jarl who is a 40 at the moment. 

So, I just pulled (2) Aothar’s recently and before I move forward with the team I’m currently working on, wanted to see if  subbing  him  for  someone  on  my  current  team  would be a benificial.

Or, if I should add him and re design my whole team with him as part of it. Screen shot

i

above with all my champs available.

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Feb 13, 2022, 23:4902/13/22
12/30/20

I would probably leave the team the same. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 13, 2022, 23:5502/13/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

I'm with dthorne and the previous "Will of the Forums" on this one. The team you laid out is super solid. :)

Feb 13, 2022, 23:5502/13/22
11/28/21
dthorne04

Will  do.  Thank  you!  Just  wanted  to  make  sure  before  i  level  up  this  next  60.  i  just  finished  getting  all  my  5*  food  together  today.  

I  have  skullcrusher  and  Grizzled  Jarl that both  need  to  be  leveled.  ita  going  to  be  back  to  the 12-3  grind  for  a  bit.  Any  advice  on  who  i  should  60  first  out  of  the  2,  or  does  it  really  matter?  neither  have  been  booked  (i  have  3  epic  tomes  ready),  and  I  have  the  gems to  get  both  their  masteries.    Thanks!!

Feb 14, 2022, 12:3302/14/22
05/13/19

It  is  true.

You  asked  for  advice  in  the  previous forum  and  many  people gave  you  advice including myself.

It  seems  you  chose  not  to  listen  to  my  advice.

Horrible  mistake  for  sure.

Now,  previous commentors are  telling  you, your  team  should  be  the  same  &  looks  super  solid.

Well  it  seems  I  am  the  one  who  is  forced  to  tell  you  -  your  team  isn't solid  and  it  is  going  to  function badly.

Your  team  Atk  Down  hero  (Grizzled  Jarl)  has  4  turn  cool  down  which  means  it  will  drop  off  and  your  team  will  get  crushed  in  the  fight.

This  is  why  I  recommend for  you  to  use  the  Drug  Lord  who  does  Atk  Down  on  his  A1.

Ninja  can  do  Def  Down,  but  he  gains  meter  which  throw  himself  off  a  Counter  Attack  Rotation.

This  is  why  I  said  to  use  Rearguard  Sgt.

Steelskull  with  out  Counter  Attack  is  going  to  seem  useless  because he  will  not  do  his  A1  alot  in  the  battle.

A  good  team  you  could  of  made  was:

-  Druglord

-  Rearguard

-  Steelskull

-  Skullcrusher

-  BEK

or  like  I  said  previously

-  Druglord

-  Rearguard

-  BEK

-  Skullcrusher

-  Turvold

Feb 14, 2022, 13:2602/14/22
06/25/20

... if you're going to demean us, at least get the topic correct, J. For reference, this is the team I recommended to OP from the other thread, and their speeds:

Skullcrusher - slowest other than ninja while being above 170 spd

BEK - faster than Skullcrusher

Ghrush - faster than Skullcrusher

Grizzled Jarl - at least 224 speed, change A3 to highest priority, delay A3 by three turns

Ninja - at most 164 speed 

Note that I didn't recommend Steelskull on that team. I don't think he's necessary. Also note that I suggested OP speed tune his Jarl to be on 4:3. That's specifically in order to have him get his ATK down always active.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 14, 2022, 15:5702/14/22
Feb 14, 2022, 16:10(edited)
12/30/20
Player J

It  is  true.

You  asked  for  advice  in  the  previous forum  and  many  people gave  you  advice including myself.

It  seems  you  chose  not  to  listen  to  my  advice.

Horrible  mistake  for  sure.

Now,  previous commentors are  telling  you, your  team  should  be  the  same  &  looks  super  solid.

Well  it  seems  I  am  the  one  who  is  forced  to  tell  you  -  your  team  isn't solid  and  it  is  going  to  function badly.

Your  team  Atk  Down  hero  (Grizzled  Jarl)  has  4  turn  cool  down  which  means  it  will  drop  off  and  your  team  will  get  crushed  in  the  fight.

This  is  why  I  recommend for  you  to  use  the  Drug  Lord  who  does  Atk  Down  on  his  A1.

Ninja  can  do  Def  Down,  but  he  gains  meter  which  throw  himself  off  a  Counter  Attack  Rotation.

This  is  why  I  said  to  use  Rearguard  Sgt.

Steelskull  with  out  Counter  Attack  is  going  to  seem  useless  because he  will  not  do  his  A1  alot  in  the  battle.

A  good  team  you  could  of  made  was:

-  Druglord

-  Rearguard

-  Steelskull

-  Skullcrusher

-  BEK

or  like  I  said  previously

-  Druglord

-  Rearguard

-  BEK

-  Skullcrusher

-  Turvold

In the end players are not obligated to take advice, and you are not the king of the forum. He asked for specific advice on a champion he pulled this time and was given it. Arenayyy not agreeing with you and other players not agreeing with you does not entitle you to tell them it is a horrible mistake. 

Yes, Ninja can be difficult to tune. He is still better than Turvold here for reasons listed in the prior thread, and speed tunes for Ninja in counter attack can be made, too. 

Also, I'm pretty sure in the first post Arenayyy misspoke and intends to go with the Skullcrusher team Kramas laid out, which is a good comp, if not the best one available. Notice how Kramas did not insult anyone despite believing his advice had not been agreed with? 

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 14, 2022, 16:0902/14/22
12/30/20
Arenayyy2022

Will  do.  Thank  you!  Just  wanted  to  make  sure  before  i  level  up  this  next  60.  i  just  finished  getting  all  my  5*  food  together  today.  

I  have  skullcrusher  and  Grizzled  Jarl that both  need  to  be  leveled.  ita  going  to  be  back  to  the 12-3  grind  for  a  bit.  Any  advice  on  who  i  should  60  first  out  of  the  2,  or  does  it  really  matter?  neither  have  been  booked  (i  have  3  epic  tomes  ready),  and  I  have  the  gems to  get  both  their  masteries.    Thanks!!

Skullcrusher first, for all resources listed too. 

Feb 14, 2022, 18:2102/14/22
Feb 14, 2022, 18:23(edited)
05/13/19

Actually,  I  never  demean  people.

I  just  express  the  errors  of  other  people team  composition  so  the  OP  can  understand the  situation.

The  OP  said  she  decided  on  her  team:

-  Ninja

-  Ghrush

-  Steelskull

-  Grizzled  Jarl  

-  BEK

After  hearing  the  above  team,  Dthorne  &  Harle  said  the  team  should  remain  the  same  &  is  very  solid.

No  one  corrected  the  OP  team.

In  the  history of  Raid,  A  team  like  above  has  never  been  functional.

The  team  has  no  turn  meter  booster,  counter  attack,  rally  hero,  Unkillable hero,  or  block  damage  hero.

It  is  a  non-functional  team  which  is  why  I  said  what  I  said  in  my  previous comment.

As  far  as  Kramaswamy comment  goes,  The  set  up  he  gave  is  functional.

The  set  up  he  is  recommending has  counter  attack.

The  problem  with  Kramaswamy set  up  is  it  will  do  bad  damage.

Kramaswamy set  up  is  functional,  but  it  will  do  bad  damage because it  will  not  fill  debuff  bar  on  clan  boss  and  the  Raw  Damage  multipliers  of  those  heroes are  not  high  and  several  of  those  heroes in  his  team  are  unnecessary.

So  their  you  have  it:

1  set  up  =  Non-Functional  +  Bad  Damage

2  set  up  =  Functional  +  Bad  Damage

As  far  as  Aothar  is  concerned,  It  all  depends  on  whether  or  not  the  OP  will  use  Skullcrusher.

Feb 14, 2022, 18:4202/14/22
06/25/20
Player J

Actually,  I  never  demean  people.

I  just  express  the  errors  of  other  people team  composition  so  the  OP  can  understand the  situation.

The  OP  said  she  decided  on  her  team:

-  Ninja

-  Ghrush

-  Steelskull

-  Grizzled  Jarl  

-  BEK

After  hearing  the  above  team,  Dthorne  &  Harle  said  the  team  should  remain  the  same  &  is  very  solid.

No  one  corrected  the  OP  team.

In  the  history of  Raid,  A  team  like  above  has  never  been  functional.

The  team  has  no  turn  meter  booster,  counter  attack,  rally  hero,  Unkillable hero,  or  block  damage  hero.

It  is  a  non-functional  team  which  is  why  I  said  what  I  said  in  my  previous comment.

As  far  as  Kramaswamy comment  goes,  The  set  up  he  gave  is  functional.

The  set  up  he  is  recommending has  counter  attack.

The  problem  with  Kramaswamy set  up  is  it  will  do  bad  damage.

Kramaswamy set  up  is  functional,  but  it  will  do  bad  damage because it  will  not  fill  debuff  bar  on  clan  boss  and  the  Raw  Damage  multipliers  of  those  heroes are  not  high  and  several  of  those  heroes in  his  team  are  unnecessary.

So  their  you  have  it:

1  set  up  =  Non-Functional  +  Bad  Damage

2  set  up  =  Functional  +  Bad  Damage

As  far  as  Aothar  is  concerned,  It  all  depends  on  whether  or  not  the  OP  will  use  Skullcrusher.

... again, what?

Your suggested team has no more debuffers than mine. We both suggest BEK for poison. You've got Turvold as your big nuker, and I'm suggesting Ninja. Whether Turvold does more or less damage than Ninja is certainly up for debate - I don't use either, so I can't really validate which will do better.

The other changes you're suggesting though - of using Balthus Drauglord and Rearguard instead of Ghrush and Jarl. I simply don't get your suggestion. You have no Leech debuffer on your team, so OP would need to run lifesteal on all champs.

Feb 15, 2022, 02:4702/15/22
05/13/19
kramaswamy.kr

... again, what?

Your suggested team has no more debuffers than mine. We both suggest BEK for poison. You've got Turvold as your big nuker, and I'm suggesting Ninja. Whether Turvold does more or less damage than Ninja is certainly up for debate - I don't use either, so I can't really validate which will do better.

The other changes you're suggesting though - of using Balthus Drauglord and Rearguard instead of Ghrush and Jarl. I simply don't get your suggestion. You have no Leech debuffer on your team, so OP would need to run lifesteal on all champs.

The  difference between your  team  suggestion  vs.  my  team  suggestion is  extremely huge.

1st  -  Turvold  has  recorded  history  of  doing  1  key  UNM  runs  with  pure  Raw  Damage

Ninja  doesn't  have  the  same  Raw  Damage  threshold and  his  HP  Burn  doesn't  make  up  the  difference very  well.

2nd  -  Grizzled  Jarl  has  only  ever  been  on  Clan  Boss  teams  for  his  A2  move.

Jarls  A2  was  used  to  prevent the  Clan  Boss  Stun.

They  would  build Jarl   with  No  ACC  +  be  Slowest  on  the  team.

They  built  Jarl  with  No  ACC  because his  A1  does  Heal  Reduction  taking  up  Debuff  slot  &  his  Atk  down  was  not  in  3  turn  Clan  Boss  cycle  to  be  reliable  Atk  Down  Champion.

They  built  Jarl  to  be  slowest  because they  wanted  him  to  put  Block  Debuff  Buff  on  the  team  right  before  the  Clan  Boss  did  his  Single  Target  Stun.

Grizzle  Jarl  functionality on  the  team  isn't going  to  be  good  for  the  following reasons:

-  OP  owns  BEK  who  will  Cleanse  the  Stun  

(No  need  to  Block  it  with  Jarl)

-  Jarl  A1  Heal  Reduction  is  liability  which  can  take  up  slot

-  Jarl  A3  ATK  Down  isn't on  3  turn  cycle  or  on  a  Non-Cool  Down  ability.

Balthus  Drauglord  is  far  superior to  Grizzled  Jarl  in  this  team  composition.

Balthus  Draiglord  offers:

A1  -  ATK  Down  ---->  Because  the  skill  has  No  Cool  Down  as  it  is  a  Default  skill  the  ability  to  keep  Atk  Down  up  on  the  Clan  Boss  is  high.

A2  -  Crit  Down  ---->  I  haven't tried  this  on  the  Clan  Boss,  but  anything  which  lets  your  team  live  longer  is  a  positive thing  in  my  book.

A3  -  Self  Heal  ----------->  A  built  in  Lifesteal  of  sorts  to  help  Balthus  go  the  distance

Passive  -  Reflect  Damage  -->  Dealing  Damage  by  having  CB  hit  you,  Brillant!

Next  we  talk  about  Ghrush  the  Mangler

Ghrush  the  Mangler  has  special  place  in  my  heart,  BUT  the  OP  owns  BEK.

A  well  built  BEK  can  carry  the  team  with  No  Leech,  Lifesteal  Gear,  or  Ghrush.

BEK  IS  A  GOD  

BEK  is  the  #1  Leggo  in  the  Game.

BEK  is  the  hero  I  have  been  trying to  pull  for  the  last  3  years  in  this  game.

If  the  OP  didn't own  BEK,  Than  Kramaswamy suggestion  of  adding  Ghrush  to  the  team  would  have  more  justification and  would  make  more  sense.

As  it  stands,  Ghrush  is  unnecessary  &  wouldn't provide  the  team  with  any  other  further  benefits

The  Above  reason  is  why  I  chose  Rearguard  Sgt.

Rearguard  Sgt  offers  the  following  things:

A1  -  Def  Down  ------------------->  To  deal  more  damage  to  the  Boss

A2  -  Atk  Down  +  Self  Healing  --->  Her  Atk  Down  will  be  more  of  a  back  up  Atk  Down  if  Balthus Atk  Down  falls  off  &  The  Self  Healing  provides  a  built  in  Lifesteal  mechanic

A3  -  Ally  Protection  +  C.  Heals  -->  The  Ally  Protection  will  help  replace  Skullcrusher Ally  protection  when  Skullcrusher  becomes  vulnerable  &  The  C.  heals  will  add  further  healing  on  top  of  BEK  A1  Healing  +  BEK  A2  C. Heals  +  Several  heroes  Self  Heals

All  of  Rearguard  Moves  except  Default  move  can  be  on  3  turn  cycle.

Huge  difference in  the  way  Kramaswamy team  will  function compared  to  the  team  I  suggested.

-  Grizzled  Jarl

-  Ninja

-  BEK

-  Skullcrusher 

-  Ghrush

Those  are  the  5  heroes Kramaswamy chose.

Who  among  them  do  the  Debuff  Weaken?

Oooooooooooooooooooo   -  He  forgot  about  the  Weaken  Debuff.

And  here  comes  the  finishing blow which  makes all  the  difference

-  Bathlus  Drauglord

-  Reaguard  Sgt.

-  BEK

-  Skullcrusher 

-  Turvold

Those  are  the  5  heroes  Player  J  chose.

Who  among  them  do  the  Debuff  Weaken?

Ooooooooooooo  Turvold  coming  in  with  the  Weaken  on  the  A1!

Bet  you  didn't even  realize Turvold  does  Weaken.

Turvold  -  That  sneaky  old  man  with  a  Jolly  white  beard  coming  in  Clutch!

Now  lets  be  clear  -  Kramaswamy  is  a  very  good  Raid  player.

He  has  been  coming to  the  Forums for  a  few  years  now.

Recently,  A  lot  of  the  post  Kramaswamy has  been  making  has  been  getting upvoted  by  me  because everything  he  said  in  several  post  are  just  100%  correct.

Today   is  one  of  those rare  occasions were  I  think  he  is  wrong.

It  seems to  me  Kramaswamy was  worried the  team wouldn't survive with  out  extra  healing.

This  is  why  he  wanted  to  forcefully  add  in  Khrush.

He  dedicated  a  team  slot  to  have  Leech  Debuff  so  your  team  could  stay  fully  healed.

The  thing  to  understand here  is  Kramaswamy isn't really  wrong.

The  OP  is  fairly  new  and  doesn't have  amazing  gear  for  BEK  so  there  is  a  legitimate concern  on  whether  or  not  that  BEK  by  himself can  keep  the  team  alive.

What  I  did  was  a  very  clever  and  subtle  work  around.

I  chose  a  Few  heroes who  do  self  healing.

Kramaswamy  probably  saw  these  same  heroes and  disregarded  the  heal  or  wrote  it  off.

It  is  very  easy  for  a  person,  even  an  experienced person,  to  overlook  such  a  small  nuisance.

I  probably went  way  to  nerdy  in  designing  your  CB  team.

I  don't even  know  why.

I  guess  I  got  excited  because you  have  BEK.

How  I  wish  I  could  pull  him  and  go  total  nerd  building him  on  my  teams.

Well,  anyway,  The  short  version  is:

The  CB  team  I  recommended  is  probably better  in  damage  vs.  Kramaswamy  team  because Kramaswamy has  a  life  and  I  went  total  nerd  on  your  CB  design

BUT  Kramaswamy team  is  probably  better  vs.  Harle  &  Dhorned  team  because  you  probably caught  Harle  at  a  bad  time  before she  had  her  morning coffee.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 15, 2022, 03:3002/15/22
Feb 15, 2022, 03:31(edited)
12/30/20

1) It guess it wasn't obvious, but I was looking at the level 50 Skullcrusher and that combined with OP (likely) misspeaking is where that Steelskull mixup came from. Human error there, hand up. Quinn probably ran off the cliff after me on that one. 

To be crystal clear: I think the kramas team is better. 

2) I suppose this is up for some debate, but I don't think BEK isn't even the best affinity legendary, let alone legendary. Did Duchess, Kymar and Valk disappear from the game and I missed it? 

3) I would rather have leech up on a counter attack team. 

4) I think we're going to run into issues with Turvold not having enough buffs on this team, as well as maximizing his damage if you're worried about gearing. Because of Ninja's Escalation passive, in theory we could be a little more lax on his build, damage wise.  

That aside, booking him over Ninja would be a massive mistake (as was said in the prior thread) because Ninja is much more usable in overall content and it's not particularly close, I believe. I would much rather OP invest in a champion that is guaranteed to be usable all over the place (and is quite good in clan boss) than one who is very niche, despite his upside in clan boss. 

We have to be thinking about where players are in the game before suggesting things that make honestly no sense for them in the short term, let alone long term. 

5) Between Ghrush and Jarl we should be alright on attack down. 

6) There are tradeoffs between both teams. We're giving up defense up on yours, weaken on the Ninja team.