All Categories

Is High Khatun worth 60?

Is High Khatun worth 60?

Search
Comments
Feb 11, 2022, 23:3602/11/22
12/19/19
MasterKroket

I am in team warmaiden i still use her. She does her job very well... It is ideal to get some champ with more debuffs alongside the def down like stag knight and dracomorph but lego books are very hard to come by. 

The main job is to get 100% chance to get def down and this sharpshooter cant do that and you dont want to waste superrare lego books on a very poor legendary unless you intend to spend a lot of money on books. If so sure pick Aleksandr. If not.. Go with warmaiden you dont even need to use books for her skills! 

High Khatun has to be 60ed cause you need the extra speed from stats AND banner for arena if you intend to build a speed team. That simple. I still dont have a better speed lead 210+ days in...

Who you do first depends on your priorities...

This is best advice in thread.  Ignore the whale mods who throw around lego books like candy :) 

Neither WM nor Aleks will be an end game champ.  

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 11, 2022, 23:4102/11/22
02/24/19
ObsideonRipper

Surprises me about Venomage because when I looked her up on HH he had her rated fairly low... is that out of date?

She's quite good and I've put her in some Clan Boss teams during takeovers and I have not been dissapointed. She really does solid work, in my experience.

I also use Aleks on CB teams., my own even for the account that runs my starter clan His A3 removes the Increase Attack buff that they Affinity CB's place on themselves, which is big for not dropping dead many turns earlier. His Accuracy Aura is big for hitting bare minimums for debuffs to land in Clan Boss, Doom Tower, and Dungeons. His A3 can also remove Magic keep shields, Unkillable buffs that people get stuck on in dungeons, and other annoying things that show up in Doom Tower, can strip Unkillable off of Leorious or Skullcrown, allowing someone else to poke them to death, etc... His A3 also hits like a truck., so bonus for single target deleting if you need to do that.

Lots of advice on the forums are from people who did this initial early game grind back in 2019 or 2020. I just redid it with our new clan in our cluster, and let me tell ya, I feel lucky to not have to farm and build a Warmaiden I replaced immediately upon pulling a Dhukk and Uugo. That's the thing to look out for on advice here: When someone says "Go ahead and build them unless you pull somone who does their job better before you get them to 60" or "Build them for Faction Wars" you can go ahead and know that is a 50 champ at best, especially early. Accounts grow exponentially, since the rewards your recieve grow exponentially as yo progress. Every 60 grows your account more than 5 50s. Getting your first synergistic team of 5 60s is hugely more important than anything else. If you want to watch a video on those synergies, and why I recommend who I recommended be your *First Five* so to speak, you can watch the first few minutes of this HH Video here. 

My main teams on that new account run High Khatun, Aleks, Mausoleum Mage, my starter and Ninja. Being able to get Ninja right before he was unavailable was a huge bonus, and being able to focus on 60ing him and others before having to bother ranking an AoE Dec Def champ up from 30 to 40, from 40 to 50 was a big bonus that gets into that exponential growth thing I mentioned above. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 11, 2022, 23:4302/11/22
02/24/19
Trips

This is best advice in thread.  Ignore the whale mods who throw around lego books like candy :) 

Neither WM nor Aleks will be an end game champ.  

When I spend money, you'll be the first person I'll let know. SORRY TRIPS will be the thread title, since I will have let you down by whaling out for a Warrior's Circle pack, like I did that one singular time for a Void shard or two. :D

Feb 12, 2022, 02:4302/12/22
05/13/19

OP,  I  am  here  to  tell  you  that  people of  the  forums  are  lying  to  you.

First  -  Warmaiden  is  an  End  Game  Viable  hero.

Players  use  Warmaiden in  End  Game  Content  such  has  Doom  Tower  &  Faction  Wars.

Doom  Tower  Rotation's  have  Secret  Rare  Rooms  which  Warmaiden can  be  used.

Players  have  used  her  their  consistently

Barbarian  Faction  only  have  3  AOE  Def  Down  heroes.

-  Valla

-  Armina

-  Warmaiden 

And  Valla  AOE  Def  Down  isn't 100%

Thus,  the evidence speaks  for  itself!

Second  -  24  Thousand  people agree  Aleksander  is  trash.

Can  In-Game  reviews  be  wrong?

Sure,  In-Game  reviews  can  wrong  if  the  sample  size  isn't Big  enough.

Lets  say  their  was  only  100  reviews  on  Aleksander.

It  could  be  possible that  the  reviews  are  wrong  due  to  inexperienced players  ranking  him  wrongly.

BUT  CAN  WE  SAY  24  THOUSAND PEOPLE  ARE  WRONG?

We  are  talking  about  a  collective  group  of  people giving  the  hero  Bad  Scores.

The  hero  is  bad  for  long  list  of  reasons:

1st  reason  -  Alex  is  bad  because he  is  in  the  worst  Faction  Ever  (High  Elf's)

Alex  AOE  Def  Down  competes  with  2  other  heroes  in  the  Faction  (Tayrel  +  Royal  Hunts)

Players  will  not  use  Alex  over  the  other  2.

2nd  reason  -  Alex  requires  Leggo  Books  to  be  consistent 

With  out  Leggo  Books  what  does  Alex  Do?  

Literally,  Nothing  except  removing  buffs  from  1  target  which  is  pointless

3rd  reason  -  Alex  is  Magic  Affinity

Most  nukers  in  the  game  are  Magic  Affinity  which  ideally  want  a  Debuffer  of  a  different affinity  in  order  to  complement  them

4th  reason  -  Alex  is  Attack  Based

Most  Attack  based  hero 's  are  to  squishy  to  survive the  outrageous damage  late  game  content  dishes  out.

I  can  give  more  reason,  but  you  get  the  point.

Third  -  Venom  Mage  is  a  great  hero  if  your  focusing  on  Clan  Boss.

Venom  Mage  is  Single  Target  Def  Down  Hero.

Alex  &  Warmaiden are  AOE  (Attack  All  Enemies)  Def  Down  Hero.

If  your  doing  CB,  Venom  can  be  great

If  your  doing  Dungeons  or  Arena,  you  want  to  use  Alex  or  Warmaiden 

Feb 12, 2022, 03:0302/12/22
01/23/22
harleQuinn

She's quite good and I've put her in some Clan Boss teams during takeovers and I have not been dissapointed. She really does solid work, in my experience.

I also use Aleks on CB teams., my own even for the account that runs my starter clan His A3 removes the Increase Attack buff that they Affinity CB's place on themselves, which is big for not dropping dead many turns earlier. His Accuracy Aura is big for hitting bare minimums for debuffs to land in Clan Boss, Doom Tower, and Dungeons. His A3 can also remove Magic keep shields, Unkillable buffs that people get stuck on in dungeons, and other annoying things that show up in Doom Tower, can strip Unkillable off of Leorious or Skullcrown, allowing someone else to poke them to death, etc... His A3 also hits like a truck., so bonus for single target deleting if you need to do that.

Lots of advice on the forums are from people who did this initial early game grind back in 2019 or 2020. I just redid it with our new clan in our cluster, and let me tell ya, I feel lucky to not have to farm and build a Warmaiden I replaced immediately upon pulling a Dhukk and Uugo. That's the thing to look out for on advice here: When someone says "Go ahead and build them unless you pull somone who does their job better before you get them to 60" or "Build them for Faction Wars" you can go ahead and know that is a 50 champ at best, especially early. Accounts grow exponentially, since the rewards your recieve grow exponentially as yo progress. Every 60 grows your account more than 5 50s. Getting your first synergistic team of 5 60s is hugely more important than anything else. If you want to watch a video on those synergies, and why I recommend who I recommended be your *First Five* so to speak, you can watch the first few minutes of this HH Video here. 

My main teams on that new account run High Khatun, Aleks, Mausoleum Mage, my starter and Ninja. Being able to get Ninja right before he was unavailable was a huge bonus, and being able to focus on 60ing him and others before having to bother ranking an AoE Dec Def champ up from 30 to 40, from 40 to 50 was a big bonus that gets into that exponential growth thing I mentioned above. 

Thanks.  Yeah, thats why my thought was to take HK to 60 next, I have no other speed champ.  Then either Alek or Warmaiden (again my only AOE def buff) but after that I have no crowd control champ (at least I dont think I do) but hopefully by the time I get those others leveled I pull one.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 12, 2022, 03:3702/12/22
Feb 12, 2022, 05:45(edited)
12/30/20
Player J

OP,  I  am  here  to  tell  you  that  people of  the  forums  are  lying  to  you.

First  -  Warmaiden  is  an  End  Game  Viable  hero.

Players  use  Warmaiden in  End  Game  Content  such  has  Doom  Tower  &  Faction  Wars.

Doom  Tower  Rotation's  have  Secret  Rare  Rooms  which  Warmaiden can  be  used.

Players  have  used  her  their  consistently

Barbarian  Faction  only  have  3  AOE  Def  Down  heroes.

-  Valla

-  Armina

-  Warmaiden 

And  Valla  AOE  Def  Down  isn't 100%

Thus,  the evidence speaks  for  itself!

Second  -  24  Thousand  people agree  Aleksander  is  trash.

Can  In-Game  reviews  be  wrong?

Sure,  In-Game  reviews  can  wrong  if  the  sample  size  isn't Big  enough.

Lets  say  their  was  only  100  reviews  on  Aleksander.

It  could  be  possible that  the  reviews  are  wrong  due  to  inexperienced players  ranking  him  wrongly.

BUT  CAN  WE  SAY  24  THOUSAND PEOPLE  ARE  WRONG?

We  are  talking  about  a  collective  group  of  people giving  the  hero  Bad  Scores.

The  hero  is  bad  for  long  list  of  reasons:

1st  reason  -  Alex  is  bad  because he  is  in  the  worst  Faction  Ever  (High  Elf's)

Alex  AOE  Def  Down  competes  with  2  other  heroes  in  the  Faction  (Tayrel  +  Royal  Hunts)

Players  will  not  use  Alex  over  the  other  2.

2nd  reason  -  Alex  requires  Leggo  Books  to  be  consistent 

With  out  Leggo  Books  what  does  Alex  Do?  

Literally,  Nothing  except  removing  buffs  from  1  target  which  is  pointless

3rd  reason  -  Alex  is  Magic  Affinity

Most  nukers  in  the  game  are  Magic  Affinity  which  ideally  want  a  Debuffer  of  a  different affinity  in  order  to  complement  them

4th  reason  -  Alex  is  Attack  Based

Most  Attack  based  hero 's  are  to  squishy  to  survive the  outrageous damage  late  game  content  dishes  out.

I  can  give  more  reason,  but  you  get  the  point.

Third  -  Venom  Mage  is  a  great  hero  if  your  focusing  on  Clan  Boss.

Venom  Mage  is  Single  Target  Def  Down  Hero.

Alex  &  Warmaiden are  AOE  (Attack  All  Enemies)  Def  Down  Hero.

If  your  doing  CB,  Venom  can  be  great

If  your  doing  Dungeons  or  Arena,  you  want  to  use  Alex  or  Warmaiden 

Oh goodie, more of this again.

Hyperbole or not, please stop telling people they're being lied to here. 

1) She is very loosely end game viable. Secret rooms are not a good example. That's extremely niche overall and not relevant for the most part. Venomage is more useful than her in Doom Tower due to utility against Nether Spider, including hard Doom Tower. Venomage is also better in Clan Boss. (more on that later)

FW grind, sure. That's not really end game though. Farming consistent 20/21? Maybe. Venomage is also solid in FW.

2) Yes, because review bombing never happens. Aleks was bombed before he came out and unfortunately he hasn't exactly been looked at through a fair lens. The sheer size of the player base also makes your argument quite thin here. 

Another good example of review bombing would be Urogrim who now rates poorly overall, even though he really shouldn't but does due to anger over his nerf. 

Lots of players (especially newer ones) will 100% use Aleks in HE FW. Using another legendary we have to pull is a weird argument here.

Yep, for maximum upside Aleks requires books, no argument there. Still very relevant at the minimum early to mid game for most players, still hits like a truck, and provably so. Removing buffs can be pretty relevant for early potion keep grinding, by the way.

Gearing and team composition can overcome 3/4, not much else to say there.

3) For almost every type of player Clan Boss is literally the most important piece of content in the entire game. It's your supply of shards, books and eventually gear that is end game viable very often. Venomage will also be relevant for Obsideon in Dragon, too. You know, that really important dungeon.

If one really wants to use Warmaiden, her best usage will be as a debuffer that needs to stay alive. She can happily stay at 50 to do that job forever, basically. If you're going to make the argument Aleks gets outclassed as a defense down champion in HE FW, I can definitely make that argument that Warmaiden will essentially be useless for most accounts outside of FW by the time we reach mid to late game, if not earlier.

Feb 12, 2022, 04:1102/12/22
12/19/19

Unbooked aleks vs booked warmaiden in early game gear for broad use in dungeon, arena, cb its a no brainer who wins...

Warmaiden

I could see not leveling either past 50. But using books on Alex... NEVER... 

Feb 12, 2022, 08:5602/12/22
06/28/21
harleQuinn

Def no on Warmaiden. You have Aleks. Build the better champ, which is DEF not Warmaiden here.

I fully expect Player J will put all these screens and a TON of text about how he still uses her, but it isn't 2019 anymore and the champ pool has more than doubled since he leveled her. :D

Also don't sleep on Venomage, who is really good.

In my opinion, you have Venomage, High Khatun, Maus Mage, Aleks and Kael who will make a WONDERFUL dungeon running team, and easily will be able to get you to Dragon 20. All of those are worth a 60, full ascension, masteries and skill upgrades as the books come in. Having a solid "First Five" is a great way to jump start your progression from early game to mid game.

Warmaiden is 100% def down chance, Aleks is 75%. Unless you sugggest using  lego books on Aleks and not Scyl.....(Since a ftp player will most likely just have enough elgo books to book one lego in the first 4 months)

Warmaidne and Khatun work also really well together with Scyl in Faction wars. So yes although it is not 2019 anymore, warmaiden is the def down of choice, unless one pulls a Ghostborn.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 12, 2022, 10:1802/12/22
Feb 12, 2022, 10:23(edited)
02/24/19
Scathach

Warmaiden is 100% def down chance, Aleks is 75%. Unless you sugggest using  lego books on Aleks and not Scyl.....(Since a ftp player will most likely just have enough elgo books to book one lego in the first 4 months)

Warmaidne and Khatun work also really well together with Scyl in Faction wars. So yes although it is not 2019 anymore, warmaiden is the def down of choice, unless one pulls a Ghostborn.

Oh? Must it be one or the other? Only Scyl or only Aleks. My experience was being able to fully book Scyl when I got her, and having zero legendaries for months. More books than champs to use them on, cause pulling legendaries early was not my story. 

And frankly, I am not super short on books now anymore either. I get tons of them from Clan Boss. I was top chest NM well before having Scyl. OP can do that too, if they build the champs now to start farming ASAP rather than waiting on Ghostborn, or some other random champ you or others might recommend trying to pull for, or wasting resources on a champ you'd replace with about 10 AoE Dec Def champs.

I am booking Aleks on my other account and don't regret it one bit. I don't expect to have to have to wait to book Scyl either. Because by that point, I will be hitting Nightmare CB. 

All of you seem to think the goal is saving legendary books. But the goal is actually using all your early resources to get yourself to top chest Nightmare Clan Boss as soon as you can. And base stats and overall damage from champs matter there. Auras matter there. This game is about exponential returns on early investments, it rewards hard hitting champs that can power you into damage thresholds. The quicker you can start farming Sacreds and Epic/Legendary books, which you do in Clan Boss, the easier the game gets forever.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 12, 2022, 10:3402/12/22
Feb 12, 2022, 19:06(edited)
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Oh? Must it be one or the other? Only Scyl or only Aleks. My experience was being able to fully book Scyl when I got her, and having zero legendaries for months. More books than champs to use them on, cause pulling legendaries early was not my story. 

And frankly, I am not super short on books now anymore either. I get tons of them from Clan Boss. I was top chest NM well before having Scyl. OP can do that too, if they build the champs now to start farming ASAP rather than waiting on Ghostborn, or some other random champ you or others might recommend trying to pull for, or wasting resources on a champ you'd replace with about 10 AoE Dec Def champs.

I am booking Aleks on my other account and don't regret it one bit. I don't expect to have to have to wait to book Scyl either. Because by that point, I will be hitting Nightmare CB. 

All of you seem to think the goal is saving legendary books. But the goal is actually using all your early resources to get yourself to top chest Nightmare Clan Boss as soon as you can. And base stats and overall damage from champs matter there. Auras matter there. This game is about exponential returns on early investments, it rewards hard hitting champs that can power you into damage thresholds. The quicker you can start farming Sacreds and Epic/Legendary books, which you do in Clan Boss, the easier the game gets forever.

or wasting resources on a champ you'd replace with about 10 AoE Dec Def champs. 

Armina, Deacon, Dhukk, Siegehulk, Stag Knight, Tayrel, Thylessia, Uugo, Zargala, Madame. There's 10.

Anyway, now that we've gotten to a point where everyone's gotten to say their piece and folks have gotten called liars for expressing their opinions we can happily move on.

Thread closed. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.