All Categories

Why is Ice Golem Rigged?

Why is Ice Golem Rigged?

Search
Feb 9, 2022, 13:2002/09/22
10/05/19

Why is Ice Golem Rigged?

I have have been farming Golem for more then 2 weeks, and most of the gear that has dropped is Retaliation, Cursed, and Taunting. I get only 2 or 3 of all the other gears once in a while. That is not RNG. One day I can understand being bad luck, but 2 weeks of most of the same drops that is not RNG. Another good question would be does each amror set have its own drop chance for the program or is it just one flat chance number that is adjusted for the RNG? I know for a fact the the cost of things in the shop changes based on how much you spent. I have a free to play account that I never buy things with and price of everything is very low, or drops even lower.  So I can compare. How ever my main issue is not being able to get any of the armor sets that I am farming for no matter how many times I try. Like I said one day sure bad luck. but 2 weeks there is a clear issue.

I am sure someone out there does not have the same issue, or many, but its a issue for me that I clearly can't reset, or fix. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 9, 2022, 13:3602/09/22
Feb 9, 2022, 13:36(edited)
06/29/19

Hey there

There's not much to say besides that it can take people months before they finally get another accuracy banner from the dark elves faction from the spider's den.

There are sometimes 2x events like currently on savage from the fire knight's castle, but besides that sets are equally distributed and given out.

I hope you get the pieces you want pretty soon.

Cheers, Strangiii

Feb 9, 2022, 13:4602/09/22
10/05/19
Strangiii

Hey there

There's not much to say besides that it can take people months before they finally get another accuracy banner from the dark elves faction from the spider's den.

There are sometimes 2x events like currently on savage from the fire knight's castle, but besides that sets are equally distributed and given out.

I hope you get the pieces you want pretty soon.

Cheers, Strangiii

I understand, but if it takes sometimes months, Shouldn't the armor sets still be Random? I have so many of the same set. I am under the impresion that you shouldn't be getting the same armor set none stop because they would lead to other issues. I thought the concenpt was trying to farm for the main stats, and sub stats, and the armor sets are random with each stage cleared. Getting the same armor sets none stop should be considered a issue with the program. At least that is my understanding of it.

Feb 9, 2022, 14:3302/09/22
06/25/20
drew19822004

I understand, but if it takes sometimes months, Shouldn't the armor sets still be Random? I have so many of the same set. I am under the impresion that you shouldn't be getting the same armor set none stop because they would lead to other issues. I thought the concenpt was trying to farm for the main stats, and sub stats, and the armor sets are random with each stage cleared. Getting the same armor sets none stop should be considered a issue with the program. At least that is my understanding of it.

Random doesn't mean uniform. Random means you could absolutely get the same item piece fifteen times in a row. That's just the way the dice roll.

Feb 9, 2022, 14:3702/09/22
10/05/19
kramaswamy.kr

Random doesn't mean uniform. Random means you could absolutely get the same item piece fifteen times in a row. That's just the way the dice roll.

True, but getting the same item pieces every day over 15 times in a row? That does not seem or feel how it was intended to work.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 9, 2022, 15:4402/09/22
12/30/20
drew19822004

True, but getting the same item pieces every day over 15 times in a row? That does not seem or feel how it was intended to work.

A lot of us go through stretches similar (if not worse) to this in the game, and kramas is correct. It's not rigged.

The fact that the drops are random also means you could go the opposite direction and see the other sets drop for a period of time, as well. With enough runs it will even out over time. 

Feb 9, 2022, 16:5202/09/22
10/05/19
dthorne04

A lot of us go through stretches similar (if not worse) to this in the game, and kramas is correct. It's not rigged.

The fact that the drops are random also means you could go the opposite direction and see the other sets drop for a period of time, as well. With enough runs it will even out over time. 

Well if you think getting 237 Retaliation, Cursed,Taunting and 8 to 12 over everything else is correct then I guess I will ignore Golem from now on and just farm from the campain. At least dragon, and fire knight does not do the same thing. So glad I can farm the other places. 

Still think something is wrong, but hey at least there are common 6 stars sets.

Feb 9, 2022, 16:5702/09/22
Feb 9, 2022, 16:58(edited)
01/04/20
drew19822004

Well if you think getting 237 Retaliation, Cursed,Taunting and 8 to 12 over everything else is correct then I guess I will ignore Golem from now on and just farm from the campain. At least dragon, and fire knight does not do the same thing. So glad I can farm the other places. 

Still think something is wrong, but hey at least there are common 6 stars sets.

Dragon does this for me, I almost never get speed sets normally but occasionally I'll get a lot from one set of multi battles. It is as they said, completely random. 

And 237 + your 8-12 is an extremely small sample size, you won't get an accurate drop% from that. 

Feb 9, 2022, 20:1702/09/22
Feb 9, 2022, 20:24(edited)
08/01/21

Personally, I feel like I've been getting a fairly random distribution of items, but I think the fact that players are generally not farming for everything the boss drops tends to skew that perception.  

Like, the only thing I really want from Ice Golem is reflex, right?  That's an 11% chance per run, and since I suck at the game, that takes about 10 minutes a pop.  So I'm only actually expecting one reflex set piece every two hours or so, and even then, most of what drops is either wet garbage, like flat ATK boots, or another freaking helmet even though I already have eight of them and no gloves or chests.  The simple fact of the matter is that I'm getting things I don't really want probably more than 99% of the time.

Were I not so sophisticated a MATHEMATICAL THINKER, the foregoing would doubtless lead me to conclude that I've been cursed.  But nah.  I kind of know what randomness is supposed to look like, and it's basically what I see with Raid.  It's called a Poisson distribution.

One tip for you all: if you become as old and cynical as me, you'll stop expecting good things to happen, which will make the stingy drop rates in this game far easier to tolerate.  Although, conversely, when lightning strikes and you get something GOOD for once, you might feel the urge to contact Plarium customer service to ask if there's been some mistake.