All Categories

Is anyone enjoying hydra?

Is anyone enjoying hydra?

Search
Comments
Mar 19, 2022, 02:1403/19/22
08/18/21

No.  But  only  beacuse  i  suck  at  it!  

"normal "  is  still  insane .  i  can  now  get  20-22M  on  reguar  clan  boss  but  cant  get  1  M  on  hydra!

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 19, 2022, 03:5803/19/22
12/30/20
DarkByD3sign

No.  But  only  beacuse  i  suck  at  it!  

"normal "  is  still  insane .  i  can  now  get  20-22M  on  reguar  clan  boss  but  cant  get  1  M  on  hydra!

Normal hydra is more or less meant as a natural progression of clan boss difficulties, i.e. it's going to be very difficult for those who aren't already roughly 2 keying regular UNM clan boss. Hydra still is difficult/time and work intensive on certain rotations, too. 

You don't suck, it just requires very specific champs and reasonably strong gearing. :)

Mar 19, 2022, 09:3703/19/22
02/08/20

I still struggle with Hydra on normal difficulty and especially with the fourth rotation. The rotation before was a lot easier for me because I was able to try beat Hydra on hard difficulty. 

The interest in Hydra drop significantly in my clan. Less and less clan members are trying to beat Hydra on normal. Since the current rotation we are unable to take down Hydra on normal. Depending on the rotation only 2 up to 6 clan member even try hard.

Up to now I still try to do everything to get the top chest on normal. This means I have to try to roughly 2mn damage per key. Last week as able to get the top chest on normal, but it was really difficult for me.

Over the last couple of weeks I figured out that my biggest problem is related to my gear. I did some regearing for some of my champions, which also use on Hydra and the consistency of my damage output improved. It seems to be that I have to increase my average number of dungeons runs per month significantly to make any meaningful progress on Hydra and Doom Tower hard.

Even though I do not like Hydra I still try to do it every week. I am not certain but I think I will also continue to do Hydra after getting all fragments for Mithrala. At the current moment I think Hydra is at least a "testing area" for some of my champions which I would like to use in Doom Tower hard.

Mar 19, 2022, 14:5703/19/22
03/30/21
harleQuinn

Can your folks even kill Hard yet? I am trying to get a general feel for the percentage of people who attempt above Normal, and clans that push anything higher than Normal Hydra as a whole.

We cleared both normal and hard in either the first or second week it opened.

No-one wants to play the mode, so we now barely clear normal.

Mar 19, 2022, 15:4603/19/22
12/19/19

I don't understand why people aren't at least getting first chest for any difficulty they can.  The fragment drops appear to be good in any chest. And anyone that has faced Mith in arena should be telling you how ridiculous she is.  And continuing to collect stoneskin gear is a no-brainer. If you have any interest in progressing to gold tag, I highly recommend putting at least minimal effort into hydra. 

That said, we are herding cats in my clan as well... even those that can do 20M + are averse.  We could kill hard if we could increase clan participation. 

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 19, 2022, 21:4703/19/22
12/30/20
Trips

I don't understand why people aren't at least getting first chest for any difficulty they can.  The fragment drops appear to be good in any chest. And anyone that has faced Mith in arena should be telling you how ridiculous she is.  And continuing to collect stoneskin gear is a no-brainer. If you have any interest in progressing to gold tag, I highly recommend putting at least minimal effort into hydra. 

That said, we are herding cats in my clan as well... even those that can do 20M + are averse.  We could kill hard if we could increase clan participation. 

Pretty much this.

I'll keep pushing Hydra as hard as my clan is willing to push after I get Mithrala just because Stoneskin is pretty clearly worth it. 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 19, 2022, 23:5803/19/22
02/24/19
Trips

It just feels so grindy and not fun at all. Just one frustrating debuff after another, one frustrating buff cleanse after another, all capped off by Hydra just randomly removing the champs you need to DEAL with the debuffs. And this is all manual becuase if one buff is mistimed, you are likely resetting, or have a decent chance. Hydra is a place where ANY missed damage feels very bad.

My favorite combo right now is Mischief chomps your baddest AoE DPS champ, Decacy cleanse head removes your HP burn debuffs, Poison Head puts up poison cloud, Mishief redirects hits to Fear head or Wrath head, then Decay Life Barrier on Mischief.

So regardless of what chest I can hit, do I really want to spend an hour or three resetting Hydra to try and RNG my way into a top Hard chest every week? Or do I want to one and done all my keys and hope that gets it done..... cause I strongly strongly dislike Hydra, don't have 2-10 extra hours to spend on the game per week, and am only doing it because Stoneskin gear makes it a neccessity.

That is my opinion right now. I am hoping that with Cleo's buff that her Hex Chicken-ness can help me be a little better at MOSTLY autoing Hard.

Mar 20, 2022, 18:0503/20/22
06/25/20
Trips

Simply put - if I can't run it on auto, I won't do it. Full stop.

And, from what I can tell, to be able to run this fight reliably on auto, I basically need Duchess.

Mar 20, 2022, 20:1703/20/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Simply put - if I can't run it on auto, I won't do it. Full stop.

And, from what I can tell, to be able to run this fight reliably on auto, I basically need Duchess.

So you aren't even getting 1st chest on easy? You don't need duchess for that.  Could run any comp with geo, brogni, drex, ....just a few hp burns.  

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 20, 2022, 22:1903/20/22
02/24/19
Trips

So you aren't even getting 1st chest on easy? You don't need duchess for that.  Could run any comp with geo, brogni, drex, ....just a few hp burns.  

First chest on NORMAL Trips. Aint nobody calling Hydra EASY. lol

Mar 20, 2022, 22:2503/20/22
11/15/20

I like the hydra battles and the randomness it makes you think ahead and be fully engaged in the game the only thing i dont like is the fact that i can only use each team once a week. I dont have enough good hydra champs for that so untill i finish my second team roster i only do hydra once a week

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 20, 2022, 22:3403/20/22
02/24/19
Ophelia Later

I like the hydra battles and the randomness it makes you think ahead and be fully engaged in the game the only thing i dont like is the fact that i can only use each team once a week. I dont have enough good hydra champs for that so untill i finish my second team roster i only do hydra once a week

Who is your main team now? And who are you building for a second team?

(I am glad someone enjoys hydra XD XD)

Mar 20, 2022, 23:2603/20/22
Mar 20, 2022, 23:28(edited)
04/18/20

Definitely no. In my Clan (position 250. No begginers clan😉) only plays Hydra 10-12 gamers. 

Mar 21, 2022, 04:2203/21/22
11/15/20
harleQuinn

Who is your main team now? And who are you building for a second team?

(I am glad someone enjoys hydra XD XD)

I'm Fairly New To Hydra So my  Hydra team is the same as My  cb team kael roxam  tayrel apothecary  frozen banshee and Vildrax. 

Mar 21, 2022, 10:1903/21/22
03/30/21
dthorne04

Pretty much this.

I'll keep pushing Hydra as hard as my clan is willing to push after I get Mithrala just because Stoneskin is pretty clearly worth it. 

I will keep running one key. I want mithrala and live in hope of decent stoneskin gear.

My own clan are a mid tier clan, we clear UNM, NM, Brutal within hours of reset but less than a dozen members hit hydra, once people have mithrala it will be worse.

Mar 22, 2022, 01:5403/22/22
11/29/20
chris

Like everyone is saying, too much RNG and manual fighting... game is asking for another few hours of my week without offering any QoL improvements in other areas on top of all of that.  I beleive it's required content too, we're going to see a lot of those sets in arena.

I don't think many who are enjoying it.  DT is a puzzle to be solved and I still very much like working on it.  Hydra is just blah, building a bunch of duplicate champs and hoping for a bit of luck each run.

Just quoting myself here to add an update 2 months later.

It's still a chore, everyone in my clan complains about getting it done and it seems everyone puts it off until the day before reset then begrudgingly does it.  Most people just throw it on auto and walk away, even the ones that can easily pull of 50m in a manual fight.  And Stoneskin is starting to appear everywhere in arena.  I went up against a 3v3 team with 4 sets of it in G1 last week.

A lot of people are starting to get mithrala and I think they're just quitting Hydra all together.

😴😴😴