All Categories

Do i need to sand bag for arena classic?

Search
Dec 30, 2021, 01:2412/30/21
01/12/20

I'm wondering if it might help to take gear off all but my core champs to reduce my power. I did this once before and it allowed me to get more wins, attacking and defending. Not sure i have enough silver to remove all the gear. 

All im doing is demon lord and farming the dungeons for gear and all of that uses only a few champs, less than ten. Im only working on a couple crypts in fw so that puts me at 10-15 champs. Everyone else can sit in the vault for all i care. 

This is probably something i should do anyway. 

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Dec 30, 2021, 02:0712/30/21
12/30/20

You don't have to do it, but during the week it could definitely help you farm medals faster. 

Dec 30, 2021, 02:3112/30/21
01/12/20

I think I'll just stick with a skeleton crew and get my power as low as possible.  I really want to get deep into fw but thats a lot of gear for a lot of champs and i still dont have really good champs for several factions so...I'm thinking on going all in for classic arena just to get medals as fast as i can. Its bad enough im playing catch up with all the mistakes I've made so far. I should have invested in arena much sooner.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 30, 2021, 02:3812/30/21
12/30/20
FrederickPabst

I think I'll just stick with a skeleton crew and get my power as low as possible.  I really want to get deep into fw but thats a lot of gear for a lot of champs and i still dont have really good champs for several factions so...I'm thinking on going all in for classic arena just to get medals as fast as i can. Its bad enough im playing catch up with all the mistakes I've made so far. I should have invested in arena much sooner.

A lot of players (myself included) neglect arena too long because of how frustrating it can be/is. Don't feel too bad, it's good that you're putting the right focus on it now. :)

best of luck on the future faction war grind, too.

Dec 30, 2021, 03:2212/30/21
01/12/20

Arena, demon lord team and farming dungeons for gear are the only things new players should focus on besides campaign and getting champs to 6. The problem (if you can call it that) is there are so many things to do that you feel overwhelmed by where to start and in my case, i tried doing a little bit of everything and that made progress incredibly slow.  I noticed when i made another account to test this, i made faster progress than with my original account. So clearly there is an order to doing things and i think that needs to be conveyed to new players.  like with an ingame guide that gives you simple basic info like focusing on which areas to start and invest most of their time initially.

Potions, scrolls and such come more easily after building a strong foundation. Doom tower and faction wars should be done later. No sense in doing them and not getting very far from lack of good gear. 

Dec 30, 2021, 14:5412/30/21
12/19/19

Not a fan of regressing your account and using the most precious commodity, silver, to do so.   

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 30, 2021, 15:5412/30/21
12/30/20
Trips

Not a fan of regressing your account and using the most precious commodity, silver, to do so.   

I definitely had a slight brainfart last night reading OP but I definitely agree, especially when we can just go the route of one champion in defense to go down and then farm back up with our real lineup after. 

Dec 30, 2021, 15:5512/30/21
12/19/19
dthorne04

I definitely had a slight brainfart last night reading OP but I definitely agree, especially when we can just go the route of one champion in defense to go down and then farm back up with our real lineup after. 

Ya, I kind of thought you misread what he was saying.  Or didn't read it at all beyond the topic!

LOL

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 30, 2021, 15:5612/30/21
12/30/20
Trips

Ya, I kind of thought you misread what he was saying.  Or didn't read it at all beyond the topic!

LOL

hard doom tower is rotting what is left of the Raid related portion of my brain :)