All Categories

Arena Team Help

Arena Team Help

Search
Dec 6, 2021, 17:5712/06/21
05/28/21

Arena Team Help

Hello,  I could use some suggestions on my current arena team.  I've setup their masteries as per Hell Hades.  Not sure if the gear is ideal, especially for Candraphon:

i

Sorry if my screen shot looks messy - not very adept at this sort of thing

Thanks in advance

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 6, 2021, 18:3512/06/21
Dec 6, 2021, 18:36(edited)
05/28/21

Just to add some additional commentary.  I'm at Silver IV, my goal is to get to gold II so I can continue the mission.  I can't seem to beat very many with this team in Silver IV, given that, I can't imagine this team getting me to Gold II.  I worked very hard to build them up and gear them as best I can, granted better gear would be nice, but I don't have better gear that are set based.  Should I change my nuker Candraphon's gear off set and go for a mixed bag with more Attach, CR, CD?  

Some of the characters you will see on my screen are solely setup for Clan Boss.  i can't regear them like Ninja.

Dec 6, 2021, 18:3812/06/21
06/25/20

For your current level - the team is just fine. No need to change anything. Eventually though, you'll probably want to drop Armina from the team in favour of Ninja, if you can.

Dec 6, 2021, 18:5812/06/21
Dec 6, 2021, 18:59(edited)
05/28/21

Armina provides AOE Decrease Defense.  i can try to replace Armina with Ninja and run a few, I just not clear why that would be beneficial?

I get there may be very little I can do, I just don't know how to progress this team - is it simply getting better gear?

Dec 6, 2021, 19:2012/06/21
02/14/21
Trekie

Armina provides AOE Decrease Defense.  i can try to replace Armina with Ninja and run a few, I just not clear why that would be beneficial?

I get there may be very little I can do, I just don't know how to progress this team - is it simply getting better gear?

is it simply getting better gear? 

It this in a nutshell, I have listened to the people on these boards and dragon 20 should be a high priority and then farm it till sick of it and farm it some more 😀

Dec 6, 2021, 19:2212/06/21
06/25/20
Trekie

Actually that's fair, decrease def is important. I just rarely see her being used for that role, so I had assumed she was just a filler.

As for progression - honestly for your current level I'm surprised you can't progress further. That setup should be more than sufficient to reach Gold 2. Candy's attack is a *tad* lower than I'd like, but shouldn't matter a huge amount.

What problems do you find yourself facing? The only thing I could see being a blocker is if you're consistently losing the speed race against comparable teams.

Dec 6, 2021, 19:3612/06/21
05/28/21

I lose most battles is really my challenge. Here is a look at my current competition:

i

i

i

Dec 6, 2021, 19:4212/06/21
Dec 6, 2021, 20:50(edited)
05/28/21

Even when I win the speed race, I mostly lose the battle.  I have done a lots of Dragon 20 and Fire 20 and doing the best I can with the drops I'm getting. I will absolutly do more.   Any other suggestions while I gear?  I do need to spend time on Spider as my accessories are not ideal.

BTW kramaswamy.kr , thank you so much for all your responses - they are very much appreciated and very helpful :)

If anyone else has any thoughts that might help me improve my win/loss ration in PvP - it would be very much appreciated

Dec 6, 2021, 20:5912/06/21
06/25/20
Trekie

Even when I win the speed race, I mostly lose the battle.  I have done a lots of Dragon 20 and Fire 20 and doing the best I can with the drops I'm getting. I will absolutly do more.   Any other suggestions while I gear?  I do need to spend time on Spider as my accessories are not ideal.

BTW kramaswamy.kr , thank you so much for all your responses - they are very much appreciated and very helpful :)

If anyone else has any thoughts that might help me improve my win/loss ration in PvP - it would be very much appreciated

That screenshot you posted - what was the actual battle log? How'd it play out? Surely your HK won the speed race. Your Sethalia should be going next with her A3, then Armina, then Candy last. Did it play out like that? And even after Armina put DEF down on the entire enemy team, Candy was't able to wipe them all out?

That's quite surprising tbh. I did notice that his crit rate was only 80% - you'll want that to be closer to 100%. But I doubt that would make such a big difference. Similarly, as mentioned earlier, his ATK is a bit on the lower end. Most of my arena nukers are between 5k-6k ATK - though I'm also in G4. Could you get his ATK closer to 4k maybe? I also notice his speed is only 140 - you absolutely need him to go before any of the enemy team gets a turn, between HK and Sethalia does it work out that way?

Dec 6, 2021, 21:4912/06/21
05/28/21
kramaswamy.kr

That screenshot you posted - what was the actual battle log? How'd it play out? Surely your HK won the speed race. Your Sethalia should be going next with her A3, then Armina, then Candy last. Did it play out like that? And even after Armina put DEF down on the entire enemy team, Candy was't able to wipe them all out?

That's quite surprising tbh. I did notice that his crit rate was only 80% - you'll want that to be closer to 100%. But I doubt that would make such a big difference. Similarly, as mentioned earlier, his ATK is a bit on the lower end. Most of my arena nukers are between 5k-6k ATK - though I'm also in G4. Could you get his ATK closer to 4k maybe? I also notice his speed is only 140 - you absolutely need him to go before any of the enemy team gets a turn, between HK and Sethalia does it work out that way?

Yes, to your response - it played out exactly that way.  I'll try to get my atk up, just need to keep working dungeons I guess to get some lucky drops.  Over the last week I did about 250 runs of Fire to get some savage gear, got three nice pieces, but not a fourth.  My chest piece isn't great, but it's the best I got.  The three pieces of savage didn't have any speed - bad RNG I guess.  Sounds like I need to focus more Fire guy.

Dec 6, 2021, 22:1912/06/21
06/25/20
Trekie

Yes, to your response - it played out exactly that way.  I'll try to get my atk up, just need to keep working dungeons I guess to get some lucky drops.  Over the last week I did about 250 runs of Fire to get some savage gear, got three nice pieces, but not a fourth.  My chest piece isn't great, but it's the best I got.  The three pieces of savage didn't have any speed - bad RNG I guess.  Sounds like I need to focus more Fire guy.

Honestly, don't worry too too much about set bonuses. Yes they matter, but proper substats and primary stats are much more important.

If it played out exactly the way I described and yet you didn't just wipe the team out, then I suppose the problem is just that your ATK on Candy is too low. What type of gear do you have on him? Ideally you'll want crit damage % gloves, ATK% chest, and ATK% boots, along with ATK ring, crit damage % amulet, and ATK banner. All of your gear should ideally have crit % substats so that you can reach 100% without crit % gloves. If you can't pull that off, you can use crit % gloves instead.

Dec 6, 2021, 22:2512/06/21
05/28/21

I have speed main stat on my boots, they are cruel.  

I can try to remove my Savage set and find the right piecs to better fit stats as oppossed to getting a set, which I'm sure I have.  I'll first have to accumulate a ton of silver for the upgrades.  I'll work on that and give it a go.  Thanks again :)

Dec 7, 2021, 21:2312/07/21
Dec 7, 2021, 21:24(edited)
05/28/21

@kramaswamy.kr , just thought I'd share how things are going, I've made signifant changes to my Candraphon charater, focusing on stats and not sets as you have suggested.  Making great progress - thanks

i

Here is my Candraphon updated charater - note much better attack and crit 

i

Thanks again :)