All Categories

Dupe system and Empowerment

Search
Dec 6, 2021, 01:4512/06/21
10/30/21

So  I  understand  that  the  prevailing  arguement  is  that if  you  arent  already  spending  top  dollar,  then  it  doesnt  really  affect  you  anyway.  But  my  real  question  is  this.

Why  is  plarium  devoting  all  these  resources creating  content  for  the  top  500  -  1000  players.  Wouldnt they  be  better  off  creating  content  that  appeals  to  a  wide  variety  of  people?  If  say  next year  Plarium  does  the  unthinkable  and  actually  focuses  on  PVP  like  they  said,  and  maybe  even  brings  in  actualy  RTA  and  Draft  RTA.  Isn't  the  empowerment  system  basically  saying  if  you  dont  spend  thousands  of  dollars  on  this  game  you  will  never  be  able  to  compete?  Wouldnt  more  people  spend  money  on  this  game  if  they  felt  they  had  a  chance  at  being  competitive?  

Why  is  RTA  Not  already  in  the  game.  Summoners  war  NAILIED  PvP,  guild  and  regular.  They  have  arena,  world  arena  RTA.  Exhibition  RTA  where  u  can  challenge  a friend.  They  have  better  socials.  They  have  friends  list.  You  can  look  at  other  players  champs.  You  can  see  all  kinds  of  stuff  about  other  players.  They  did  all  of  this  in  about  the  same  time  that  they  were  around  as  raid  is  now.  Why  is  Plarium  sitting  on  their  hands?  What  are  they  doing  with  all  this  money?  Why  are  they  not  listening  to  their  players?  How  can  someone  spend  5k  or  10k  on  this  game  and  still  get  outright  destroyed  in  arena  or  tag  arena?  Why  is  CvC  Just  a  huge  cash  grab?  The  only  thing  people  spend  more  money  on  than  gambling  is  a  competition.  If  CvC  Was  a  pvp  style      guild  battle,  people  would  still  be  spending  tons.  If  RTA  was  a  thing  people  would  be  spending  even  more.  But  RTA where  one  side  has  all  empower  +4  units  vs  a  regular  non  100k+  spender  people  are  going  to  be  like  whats  the  point.  

They  have  this  Faux-competition  mindset,  "Tournaments" where  all  you  are  really  competing  with  is  how  much  you  spend.  Same  for events.  They  add  feasts  and  barrels again  finally  and  literally  hide  them  behind  paywalls  in  'summon  rush'  3000  for  a  barrel?  7500  for  a  feast?  Are  you  kidding?  All  the  'competition'  in  this  game  has  very  little  to  do  with  skill  and  everything  to  do  with  how  much  you  spend.  Sad.

RTA  would  make  this  game  better.  

Guild  PvP  would  make  this  game  better.

A  fair  playing  field  would  make  this  game  better.  

Actually  listening  to  the  majority  vs  the  minority  would  bring  more  players,  and  more  spenders.  

I  feel  like  plarium  doesnt  have  a  long  game.  It  feels  they  are  squeezing  every  penny  they  can  out  of  what  could  have  been  a  GOLD  MINE.  Why?  Why  such  short  sightedness?  I  know  they  look  at  the  competition.  I  know  they  look  at  other  games  and  see  awesome  game  modes  and  how  cool  they  are.  Why  can  they  basically  carbon  copy  pve ie:. Campaign,  a  lvl  1-10  or  15  or  in  raids  case  1-25  dungeons.  Gear  stat  rolling  systems.. BASE  arena . A  100  level  "DOOM  TOWER".  Summoning  systems, butg  they  cant  copy  the  awesome  parts  of  other  games? They  can  copy  all  the  BAREBONES  basics.  It  feels  more  and  more  like  all  this  game  was meant  to  be  was  a  short  term,  cash  grab  And  when  it  became  popular  they  didnt  know  what  to  do.  Now  correct  me  if  im  wrong.

Raid  did  do  some  things  right,  and  i  love  the  game,    but  all  i  see  every  time  i  play  is  wasted  potential,  and  plarium  not  listening  to  the  player  base  and  it  makes  me  really  sad.  Everyone  really  wants  this  game  to  be  awesome  and  everyone  keeps  waiting  for  it  to  fulfill  its  potential.  I  see  it  in  the  hope  of  players  in  chat,  in  guild,  on  discord,  on  the  forums.  I  see  it  with  how  nice  and  helpful  the  mods  are  and  most  of  the  playerbase  I  Have  met  in  the  game. 

We  see  the  potential,  We  love  the  game,  and  we  are  waiting.  Don't  let  us  down .

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 6, 2021, 01:5212/06/21
06/20/19

Didn't really read all your post b/c I found it humourous that you say only the top 500 to 1000 players out of several million would actually use or benefit from the dupe system.  I'm a minnow at best and it's already pushed me along in several faction crypts.  I'm going to have to rework my entire CB team to SLOW them down; they're too fast with the bonuses.  I do not spend 1000s of dollars and I compete just fine.

OpheliaA1Moderator
Dec 6, 2021, 16:5812/06/21
03/11/19

Hello OP

I will go over your points and give my thoughts on them.

''So  I  understand  that  the  prevailing  arguement  is  that if  you  arent  already  spending  top  dollar,  then  it  doesnt  really  affect  you  anyway.  But  my  real  question  is  this.''

-im assuming here you mean the players whom have empowered champions rather than the benfit of the system?

-as for the benefit of the system, the inclusion of rare's giving rares extra stats is pretty neat

-but if you're meaning to say the top end players who have all the stat bonuses and empowerments, then that is for sure the a valid point. Sort of like how Amazon has way more capital than a company just starting out.

''Why  is  plarium  devoting  all  these  resources creating  content  for  the  top  500  -  1000  players.  Wouldnt they  be  better  off  creating  content  that  appeals  to  a  wide  variety  of  people?  If  say  next year  Plarium  does  the  unthinkable  and  actually  focuses  on  PVP  like  they  said,  and  maybe  even  brings  in  actualy  RTA  and  Draft  RTA.  Isn't  the  empowerment  system  basically  saying  if  you  dont  spend  thousands  of  dollars  on  this  game  you  will  never  be  able  to  compete?  Wouldnt  more  people  spend  money  on  this  game  if  they  felt  they  had  a  chance  at  being  competitive?''

''Why  is  plarium  devoting  all  these  resources creating  content  for  the  top  500  -  1000 ''

my question is, how is it evaluated that the company is devoting their resources with said group of players, and what standards concludes that. is it who will benefit from it the most automatically the target audience? 

for example cb right now, who benefits from it the most? a person who is in a clan that downs unm, and them getting highest chest x2 daily

does that mean cb is content designed for that group of players only? and not every other stage of the game before it?

''Why  is  RTA  Not  already  in  the  game.  Summoners  war  NAILIED  PvP,  guild  and  regular.  They  have  arena,  world  arena  RTA.  Exhibition  RTA  where  u  can  challenge  a friend.  They  have  better  socials.  They  have  friends  list.  You  can  look  at  other  players  champs.  You  can  see  all  kinds  of  stuff  about  other  players.  They  did  all  of  this  in  about  the  same  time  that  they  were  around  as  raid  is  now.  Why  is  Plarium  sitting  on  their  hands?  What  are  they  doing  with  all  this  money?  Why  are  they  not  listening  to  their  players?  How  can  someone  spend  5k  or  10k  on  this  game  and  still  get  outright  destroyed  in  arena  or  tag  arena?  Why  is  CvC  Just  a  huge  cash  grab?  The  only  thing  people  spend  more  money  on  than  gambling  is  a  competition.  If  CvC  Was  a  pvp  style      guild  battle,  people  would  still  be  spending  tons.  If  RTA  was  a  thing  people  would  be  spending  even  more.  But  RTA where  one  side  has  all  empower  +4  units  vs  a  regular  non  100k+  spender  people  are  going  to  be  like  whats  the  point. ''

a lot of specific questions here, but regarding why the game isn't ''better than it can be'' is a mystery to most of us tbh. there's always the question of ''could the game be worse than it is at any given state'' probably, ''could the game be better at any given state?'' probably, but that's with every aspect of life. If one looks at a richer person they see themselves as being less fortunate, but when they look at someone thats poorer, they see themselves as being more fortunate.

''They  have  this  Faux-competition  mindset,  "Tournaments" where  all  you  are  really  competing  with  is  how  much  you  spend.  Same  for events.  They  add  feasts  and  barrels again  finally  and  literally  hide  them  behind  paywalls  in  'summon  rush'  3000  for  a  barrel?  7500  for  a  feast?  Are  you  kidding?  All  the  'competition'  in  this  game  has  very  little  to  do  with  skill  and  everything  to  do  with  how  much  you  spend.  Sad.''

the problem with evaluating the game with money spent versus skill is that in real life in most sports you need to pay for the gear to be able to participate in the sport, or you need to pay for coaching, or a lot of other things we could list here like the place you're staying the nutritions you're having the time you're spending. 

now matter how we look at it, it's the same, what is different is what you individually decide to invest in.

''RTA  would  make  this  game  better.  ''

that would be nice, hopefully it will be implemented one day with appropriate functionality

''Guild  PvP  would  make  this  game  better.''

that would be a neat feature indeed

''A  fair  playing  field  would  make  this  game  better.  ''

a vague statement, but if you mean someone who has put no effort in their account should be able to compete with someone who has, then that is not a great thing to implement

''Actually  listening  to  the  majority  vs  the  minority  would  bring  more  players,  and  more  spenders.  ''

who's to say they are or are not?

''I  feel  like  plarium  doesnt  have  a  long  game.  It  feels  they  are  squeezing  every  penny  they  can  out  of  what  could  have  been  a  GOLD  MINE.  Why?  Why  such  short  sightedness?  I  know  they  look  at  the  competition.  I  know  they  look  at  other  games  and  see  awesome  game  modes  and  how  cool  they  are.  Why  can  they  basically  carbon  copy  pve ie:. Campaign,  a  lvl  1-10  or  15  or  in  raids  case  1-25  dungeons.  Gear  stat  rolling  systems.. BASE  arena . A  100  level  "DOOM  TOWER".  Summoning  systems, butg  they  cant  copy  the  awesome  parts  of  other  games? They  can  copy  all  the  BAREBONES  basics.  It  feels  more  and  more  like  all  this  game  was meant  to  be  was  a  short  term,  cash  grab  And  when  it  became  popular  they  didnt  know  what  to  do.  Now  correct  me  if  im  wrong.''

such is the way of life op, we always want things, but are we willing to do things ourselves? are we willing to put in the effort into ourselves to change ourselves and our lives first? 

''Raid  did  do  some  things  right,  and  i  love  the  game,    but  all  i  see  every  time  i  play  is  wasted  potential,  and  plarium  not  listening  to  the  player  base  and  it  makes  me  really  sad.  Everyone  really  wants  this  game  to  be  awesome  and  everyone  keeps  waiting  for  it  to  fulfill  its  potential.  I  see  it  in  the  hope  of  players  in  chat,  in  guild,  on  discord,  on  the  forums.  I  see  it  with  how  nice  and  helpful  the  mods  are  and  most  of  the  playerbase  I  Have  met  in  the  game. ''

''We  see  the  potential,  We  love  the  game,  and  we  are  waiting.  Don't  let  us  down .''

we do see it op, we all do, and we want it to be more, hopefully that time will come, but in the end, we have only but this moment, only the now, we should cherish it and enjoy it, and express the love and affection we feel towards our loved ones

all in all, genuinely appreciate your poste and detailing your concerns and passions, 

kindest regards