All Categories

Strange CB failure

Strange CB failure

Search
Dec 4, 2021, 13:4512/04/21
11/16/20

Strange CB failure

I've been running the same CB team since demytha was released. My unm team goes without a hitch every single key no problem. My problem comes from nightmare. Every day I start my nm run and it falls apart and nothing lines up. I back out and restart the run and it goes perfect.

Every day. I have to start my nm fight back out and then the second time it goes without a problem all 50 turns.

This obviously isn't the worst thing ever but wtf is going on, I have no idea what is causing it, this problem only started a couple weeks back before then the first key worked every time. The problem is 100% consistent, which just makes no sense.

guardian ring is not effecting my speeds.

Demytha 274
Heriess 245
Deacon 185
Seeker 169
Turvold 158

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 4, 2021, 14:1112/04/21
10/15/20

I am assuming affinity is the same on the first and second attempt given that you run them back to back?

Dec 4, 2021, 17:0412/04/21
01/04/20

I keep having this happen on void affinity. I have no idea what it is 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 4, 2021, 17:4312/04/21
Dec 4, 2021, 17:48(edited)
02/24/19

I've heard scattered reports of this. I am chatting with some of the DeadwoodJedi peeps about it. 

Evilized, can you get me a video of the run failures? Harbby, can you do so as well please?

I am suspicious of his stun targeting going haywire and him stunning Roshcard in your team, Harbby. And in your team Evilized, stunning Heiress. Not that he should be, but my discussions previous to this post seems to indicate it could be a stun targeting issue I want to send to the devs.

Dec 4, 2021, 17:4912/04/21
01/04/20
harleQuinn

I've heard scattered reports of this. I am chatting with some of the DeadwoodJedi peeps about it. 

Evilized, can you get me a video of the run failures? Harbby, can you do so as well please?

I am suspicious of his stun targeting going haywire and him stunning Roshcard in your team, Harbby. And in your team Evilized, stunning Heiress. Not that he should be, but my discussions previous to this post seems to indicate it could be a stun targeting issue I want to send to the devs.

I would be happy too. 

Dec 4, 2021, 17:5712/04/21
11/16/20
harleQuinn

Affinity doesn't matter. It happens on void or any affinity as far as I can tell.

The stun target is actually right when this happens, it seems like the speeds detune for no reason and obviously block damage and cleanse come at wrong times.

I'll see what I can do with a video, I assume there must be some kind of Android app that can screen record.

Just to clear it up the run is back to back as Trevor mentioned. I usually let the first run go about 8-12 turns to confirm failure then back out restart raid and redo the run which so far corrects the failure 100% of the time.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 4, 2021, 18:0112/04/21
Dec 4, 2021, 18:01(edited)
02/24/19
evilized6666

Affinity doesn't matter. It happens on void or any affinity as far as I can tell.

The stun target is actually right when this happens, it seems like the speeds detune for no reason and obviously block damage and cleanse come at wrong times.

I'll see what I can do with a video, I assume there must be some kind of Android app that can screen record.

Just to clear it up the run is back to back as Trevor mentioned. I usually let the first run go about 8-12 turns to confirm failure then back out restart raid and redo the run which so far corrects the failure 100% of the time.

Thanks, the video would be really helpfuly.

I am not worried about the affinities except in so much as they may affect/direct stun targeting.

And yes, I totally understand it is running incorrectly once, then you quit out, and yet it runs correctly the next time. I have actually already reported some of these Clan Boss issues to Plarium a couple weeks ago, but need more details and data to really show them what is happening.

I have personally seen this stun redirection happen in a total block damage team while trying to test it, but I've since not been able to replicate on video. Frustrating.

Dec 4, 2021, 18:5612/04/21
10/08/17

I have a Unkillable 2 maneater team for UNM CB . Double checked all speeds with Deadwoodjedi page and all speed tuned

But for some reason I cannot run the team on Void UNM CB anymore :/ I am not sure whats up

My NM CB tean still runs fine

So guess the problem is wide spread

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 4, 2021, 19:0112/04/21
02/24/19
PriestGuardian

I have a Unkillable 2 maneater team for UNM CB . Double checked all speeds with Deadwoodjedi page and all speed tuned

But for some reason I cannot run the team on Void UNM CB anymore :/ I am not sure whats up

My NM CB tean still runs fine

So guess the problem is wide spread

You mind posting the builds for each champ for me? (with masteries too please) 

UK and Block Debuff teams versus Block Damage teams would likely be failing for a different reason, based on how the targeting should be working. 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 4, 2021, 19:0912/04/21
02/24/19
evilized6666

Evilized, real quick. Did you look at your HP and stun targeting thresholds after putting champs in the Guardian Ring a couple weeks ago?

Did you up someone's HPs or defense in such a way that Heiress is a stun targeting now?

Dec 5, 2021, 00:3312/05/21
11/16/20
harleQuinn

Evilized, real quick. Did you look at your HP and stun targeting thresholds after putting champs in the Guardian Ring a couple weeks ago?

Did you up someone's HPs or defense in such a way that Heiress is a stun targeting now?

Yes I have guardian ring accounted for. It is not what is affecting my team, I want to say this "bug?" Started before guardian ring was even implemented.

Minor update though, like normal I used a key in nm this morning and the run failed so I backed out and redid the run with zero difference and as normal the run was successful.

Just now at the daily quest reset I went to record the problem but the run went normal, I usually only hit nm once per day.

I will record my key in the morning after cb resets to show the "bug¿" As this issue for what ever reason seems to fix itself as stated by just backing out of my first key each day and restarting it right after.

Dec 5, 2021, 00:4012/05/21
11/16/20

*second reply because phone posting does not work on these forums for me. Maybe you can pass this along to the devs lol. I have to use word pad app and cut and paste, when posting on the Mobil forums all text disappears and then seems to cut and paste itself over and over - end off topic rant

@HQ

The stun target has not been my problem. The stun goes where it should, the speeds just don't line up right so my block damage and cleanse happen at the wrong time of the fight.

After backing out and redoing the key with zero change block damage and cleanse line up fine and the run goes 50 turns.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 5, 2021, 04:5612/05/21
02/24/19
evilized6666

*second reply because phone posting does not work on these forums for me. Maybe you can pass this along to the devs lol. I have to use word pad app and cut and paste, when posting on the Mobil forums all text disappears and then seems to cut and paste itself over and over - end off topic rant

@HQ

The stun target has not been my problem. The stun goes where it should, the speeds just don't line up right so my block damage and cleanse happen at the wrong time of the fight.

After backing out and redoing the key with zero change block damage and cleanse line up fine and the run goes 50 turns.

That's very interesting. The more I can show the devs what is happening, the better chance we can get an actual fix.

Thanks for helping collect the vids/pics etc...

Dec 5, 2021, 11:4512/05/21
11/16/20

Well I went to record the run this morning and of course then first time in a couple weeks now what ever is happening did not happen, figures right?

I don't know what to say as the problem has been 100% consistent up until I finally lost about it then go to record it happening....

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 5, 2021, 20:3612/05/21
02/24/19
evilized6666

Well I went to record the run this morning and of course then first time in a couple weeks now what ever is happening did not happen, figures right?

I don't know what to say as the problem has been 100% consistent up until I finally lost about it then go to record it happening....

This seems about how the world works, in my experience so far. XD

Dec 6, 2021, 11:2712/06/21
Dec 6, 2021, 11:28(edited)
10/15/20

Not sure if it is related (maybe not) but i had a wierd incident on cb myself today.

I did my first unm run and it was short of a 1 key so i hit replay - and noticed right at the start, before the run had started my maneater had 1/2 health! 

I closed the game, re-opened and he was full health on the run.... 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 6, 2021, 14:4012/06/21
02/24/19
trevor.wilson

Not sure if it is related (maybe not) but i had a wierd incident on cb myself today.

I did my first unm run and it was short of a 1 key so i hit replay - and noticed right at the start, before the run had started my maneater had 1/2 health! 

I closed the game, re-opened and he was full health on the run.... 

Very interesting! Get a screenshot of this if it happens again please, if you could! 

Dec 25, 2021, 03:5912/25/21
Dec 25, 2021, 03:59(edited)
02/13/21

Bumping a slightly old thread because this has also happened to me, but I have never been able to pinpoint it.  I started recording my CB unkillable runs to see if I could find the variance, and fortunately I was able to see the change, though I cannot explain it.  My unkillable success rate is about 95%, with only the occasional one popping up as a failure.

First of all, for those of you that are interested in recording your own game time, Windows 10 has a native inbuilt video recording feature in the xbox game bar, so you don't have to download any third party program.  Just launch Raid, then press WindowsKey + Alt + R to start recording.  A small little recording icon will come up after a few seconds and you can click stop whenever.  The videos are saved into C:\Users\<username>\Videos\Captures.  I learnt this while trying to capture videos of the issue.

Anyhoo, I have uploaded a video comparision into a really old youtube channel that I created back in 2009 to upload video checks for other games (which I have now since cleaned up).  The raid video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlt3zOYcRU

The top part of the video is a successful run, while the bottom is a failed one.  I have tried to keep the timings quite similar, but you will notice at the 1:29 mark there is a variance.  Straight after CB uses Dark Nova and it starts turn 8, it goes HK, then OB, then the failed run goes Kael and Maneater, while the successful run goes Maneater and then Kael.

This minor sequence break changes the whole timing for the rest of the run, with the failed run finishing on turn 13.  The speeds and gear of the champions remained unchanged, and infact the very next run after the failed one succeeded without issue.  I can also confirm that none of the characters have any turn boosting masteries.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 25, 2021, 05:3012/25/21
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

Bumping a slightly old thread because this has also happened to me, but I have never been able to pinpoint it.  I started recording my CB unkillable runs to see if I could find the variance, and fortunately I was able to see the change, though I cannot explain it.  My unkillable success rate is about 95%, with only the occasional one popping up as a failure.

First of all, for those of you that are interested in recording your own game time, Windows 10 has a native inbuilt video recording feature in the xbox game bar, so you don't have to download any third party program.  Just launch Raid, then press WindowsKey + Alt + R to start recording.  A small little recording icon will come up after a few seconds and you can click stop whenever.  The videos are saved into C:\Users\<username>\Videos\Captures.  I learnt this while trying to capture videos of the issue.

Anyhoo, I have uploaded a video comparision into a really old youtube channel that I created back in 2009 to upload video checks for other games (which I have now since cleaned up).  The raid video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlt3zOYcRU

The top part of the video is a successful run, while the bottom is a failed one.  I have tried to keep the timings quite similar, but you will notice at the 1:29 mark there is a variance.  Straight after CB uses Dark Nova and it starts turn 8, it goes HK, then OB, then the failed run goes Kael and Maneater, while the successful run goes Maneater and then Kael.

This minor sequence break changes the whole timing for the rest of the run, with the failed run finishing on turn 13.  The speeds and gear of the champions remained unchanged, and infact the very next run after the failed one succeeded without issue.  I can also confirm that none of the characters have any turn boosting masteries.

I'll take a look and see what I can pull out of there for the Developers.

Dec 25, 2021, 10:0112/25/21

Same happened me, after Hydra patch.  I didnt understand, why die my team before 50 rounds without any change. Sometimes happened, sometimes is not with same affinity CB. All masteries was fine i didnt used any turn meter manipulation masteries.

But my team speeds desynced sometimes after patch. Not everytime just 1 times from 5-6 tries.

Try it this solution what is helped me. Delete your team from Team Setup and set it again. Thats worked for me and think to me the problem is gone. Almost 1 week i using my CB team without problem after i deleted and re set my team.