All Categories

Struggling with DT hard wave

Search
Nov 21, 2021, 15:3811/21/21
10/15/20

Hi All

I started doom tower hard late, i finished normal first and had a week off playing.

I have gone through with no problems and pretty much cleared each boss first time, its an easy cycle it seems.

But i have just hit floor 66 and for some reason i am having issues with the second wave (double siphi / double rotos) i cant seem to nuke the siphis down quickly enough and i cant seem to control them sufficiently either.

Just curious what teams you used and whether you ran auto or do i need to manual?

I cleared most floors up to here no problem with a defence based control/protect team (brogni, visix, scyl, tormin, dhukk) but when this failed on 66 i am struggling to find a team to beat it

I have got further than this before on DT hard just using standard teams so im surprised to suddenly be having issues!

Any ideas appreciated, thanks.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 21, 2021, 15:4811/21/21
04/14/20

Do you have Seer? She's often the only solution for DT hard waves, including that one, at least unless you have endgame champs in endgame gear. Definitely manual, as you'd need to be very careful with the Karma Burn cooldowns. 

Nov 21, 2021, 15:5311/21/21
Nov 21, 2021, 15:54(edited)
10/15/20
L9753

Do you have Seer? She's often the only solution for DT hard waves, including that one, at least unless you have endgame champs in endgame gear. Definitely manual, as you'd need to be very careful with the Karma Burn cooldowns. 

Its triple siphi, not double- my bad

Unfortunately no seer, my gear is decent but not sure its super end game.

But i will see if saving all my cooldowns at the end of wave 1 and manualling helps, thanks.

Nov 21, 2021, 16:3411/21/21
11/29/20

Seer is typically my answer, but I needed rotos for that wave too for his max damage decrease.  Try one or two champs in destroy gear so they can't heal back, or if you can get at least 1 dead a time, use a champ with block revive for the finishing blow.  Someone like Fenax works for that but he's probably too squishy for DT hard. 

Maybe throw tormin in Destroy?

Nov 21, 2021, 17:1111/21/21
05/09/21

CC and TM control is your friend, especially stun

Heroes like Psylar with stun Set, Archmage Hellmuth, Teumesia, Nethril, Miscreated Monster all can help 

Nov 21, 2021, 17:1711/21/21
04/14/20
trevor.wilson

Its triple siphi, not double- my bad

Unfortunately no seer, my gear is decent but not sure its super end game.

But i will see if saving all my cooldowns at the end of wave 1 and manualling helps, thanks.

Without Seer or some other sort of massively overwhelming damage, you need some combo of hard CC and block revive. Either enough AOE stuns or a fast Basher, Elegaius or other champ who can block cooldown skills / extend cooldowns, but then you'd still need a way to keep the Siphis from reviving each other, either overwhelming damage or block revive. Plus, their A1s could still wreak enough havoc on your team depending on RNG. 

Nov 21, 2021, 19:3711/21/21
10/15/20

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i have zavia and bloodgorged with block revive, but keeping them alive to do the hit (with a sufficiently low siphi) is tough

I did recently pull umbral and im wondering if a 2 turn provoke might help?

Nov 22, 2021, 08:2211/22/21
04/14/20
trevor.wilson

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i have zavia and bloodgorged with block revive, but keeping them alive to do the hit (with a sufficiently low siphi) is tough

I did recently pull umbral and im wondering if a 2 turn provoke might help?

Sure, a good Umbral could work as well... you'd still need a team strong enough to do enough damage during those two turns, but at least you wouldn't absolutely need block revive anymore. 

Nov 22, 2021, 08:5111/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 09:06(edited)
06/22/19

Here is an obtainable team that you can copy. I am hoping you have Vlad because he and Psylar's turn meter control plays a big part in this comp. All of them have max skills and this is full auto.

i

The first wave is not problem. You can manual the run when enemies about to die so you can save their skills for the next wave if you worry about survivability of your champions.

At the 2nd wave. I chose to deal with the Rotoses first. I think it is more manageable when you kill Rotos rather than deal with the Rotos nuke while killing the Siphis. Besides, Siphis can be controlled with stun and increase cooldown of Basher.

i

The 3rd wave without Siphi, Rotos is not a problem.

i

Here are the stats. RES here is not important.

i

i

i

i

i

Nov 22, 2021, 09:4211/22/21
10/15/20
JoinME

Here is an obtainable team that you can copy. I am hoping you have Vlad because he and Psylar's turn meter control plays a big part in this comp. All of them have max skills and this is full auto.

i

The first wave is not problem. You can manual the run when enemies about to die so you can save their skills for the next wave if you worry about survivability of your champions.

At the 2nd wave. I chose to deal with the Rotoses first. I think it is more manageable when you kill Rotos rather than deal with the Rotos nuke while killing the Siphis. Besides, Siphis can be controlled with stun and increase cooldown of Basher.

i

The 3rd wave without Siphi, Rotos is not a problem.

i

Here are the stats. RES here is not important.

i

i

i

i

i

I have all these champs, and this is a really helpful post, thanks i will give it a try!

Nov 22, 2021, 14:2411/22/21
10/15/20

I am past this floor now, thanks all.

Nov 22, 2021, 14:3311/22/21
12/19/19

Just to add, you are likely at your personal "gear wall".  You will need to manual at least the end of each wave to reset cooldown for all on most floors at a certain point to maximize your progress.  And obviously change up team for a couple floors here and there using 1 standard team for 7 of 10, 2 different comps for some affinity matchups or extra cc, and then the boss wave.