All Categories

Shadowkin Buffs Or New Champions?

Search
Nov 15, 2021, 22:1411/15/21
08/17/21

With the Shadowkin crypt coming to Faction Wars soon it's got me thinking about getting a team ready and I've noticed that this faction will probably be quite a struggle. There are some good legendaries and epics but none of the uncommons and few of the rares are useful. We're also short on good accessible sources of revive, crowd control and AOE decrease defense. Few Shadowkin champions are equipped to be good at dealing with waves, while there are some AOE attacks mixed in for the most part the current crop of Shadowkin are best at attacking enemies one at a time. Obviously everyone who has him will lean heavily on Ninja who is great but we'll still need 4 other team members and it'll be a long wait trying to pull enough of the right legendaries and epics out of the sea of available champions so some decent rares would be a big help. Do you think it's likely we'll see more Shadowkin added to the game soon or that existing champions may get buffed? I've heard that the Broadmaw fusion was added specifically because Lizardmen Faction Wars was deemed a bit too difficult for most players.

If we are getting buffs I'd like to see Chonoru on that list. Many new players got her as a sign up bonus, she's non-void so she's a little easier to pull from a shard and most importantly she has the basics of a good wave farmer. I think she'd be in a comfortable place if she got +1,500hp and her A2 was changed to an AOE instead of attack 3 times at random. This would also help compensate for the lack of good AOE decrease defense.

Fenshi could be useful in the boss fights, an extra 150def would help get him there alive.

Fanatic is one of our few sources of decrease defense but it's single target weak version and only becomes 60% if the target is under 2 or more debuffs. It would be great if we could work some kind of AOE effect into there like perhaps applying 30% decrease def to all enemies if he applies the 60% version to a target. It would be simpler to just to scrap all the existing weird conditional stuff and make it 60% decrease def AOE but for 1 turn.

Lifetaker could be useful against bosses but her turn meter reduction should be at least 15% per hit instead of 10%. Given the 3 turn cooldown on this skill and the booked 75% chance per hit I think even 20% would be fine. She'd be nowhere near Coldheart level but at least she'd be a decent pull.

We still need some revive but for that we either need a new champion or bolt it onto an existing one. Vagabond could do it, right now she's not doing anything but looking creepy. :-)

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 15, 2021, 22:5411/15/21
04/14/20

I want Oboro to be good, which she could be, though again with the weird conditional stuff. If the conditions are right, she could put an AOE decrease def... with her A1. That's pretty sweet, even with just a 55 percent chance at best of applying. Many people have Yoshi from the fusion, so between him and Ninja, plus a few good epics, which the faction definitely has, we could get pretty far. 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 15, 2021, 23:1811/15/21
12/30/20

I would guess we see more Shadowkin dropping in the leadup to the FW dropping, and hopefully one of those critical def down/revivers are in fusions, at least as epics. It wouldn't shock me to see some of those meaningful champs as epics in fusions given what we've seen lately, in terms of extremely strong epics dropping in fusions. (Mordecai, Demytha, etc.)

Still a lot of time for this to get fleshed out, hopefully in the form of some strong (easy to obtain) epics since it looks like S tier rares are a thing of the past, now. 

Nov 15, 2021, 23:4011/15/21
08/17/21

Yeah, I was really disappointed to hear what they're planning on doing with rares and uncommons. You can see that strategy in the Dwarves and Shadowkin factions, very few playable rares and no playable uncommons. I hope they realize how this devalues their epics and legendaries while simultaneously limiting players' ability to be creative and turn away from this approach soon.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 16, 2021, 00:1611/16/21
12/30/20

I think part of the balance has come by jamming some incredibly powerful champs in fusions to balance that out, such as Brogni, Hurndig, Ninja from the login, etc. It's definitely seemingly lead to more powerful epics showing up too. 

However, it does make it tougher in general though on early game players. Diluting the rare pool, making it tougher to see champs like Apo/Frozen Banshee, among a few others. 

Nov 16, 2021, 00:4111/16/21
06/22/19

I don't expect that they will buff champions from Shadowkin soon, most likely they will add more champions. 

As of the moment, Shadowkin needs healers/revivers and buff strippers specially on the Valkyrie wave. 

Aside from the legendary champions, I am looking at Toragi (shield skill) and Hotatsu (increase def, continuous heal, and also deals decent damage) to be viable in Shadowkin faction crypt.

Nov 16, 2021, 00:4811/16/21
10/15/20

I think the faction has pretty good crowd control with fusion champ Yoshi (true fear) and free champ Ninja (freeze). I have both of them at lvl 60 allready and use them for some content. Yoshi is in my Dragon 25 team to deal with the waves.

Nov 16, 2021, 01:1911/16/21
06/25/20
JoinME

I don't expect that they will buff champions from Shadowkin soon, most likely they will add more champions. 

As of the moment, Shadowkin needs healers/revivers and buff strippers specially on the Valkyrie wave. 

Aside from the legendary champions, I am looking at Toragi (shield skill) and Hotatsu (increase def, continuous heal, and also deals decent damage) to be viable in Shadowkin faction crypt.

Ditto - that's my expected build. Kimi lead, Hotatsu, Toragi, Genzin, Ninja. 

Nov 16, 2021, 03:2911/16/21
Nov 16, 2021, 03:42(edited)
12/19/19

Lol, haven't even thought of a team but I was expecting the opposite of champ buffs... thinking the wait is going to include new FW enemies, and they will be buffed.

Was thinking kimi, yoshi, ninja plus 2 would speed farm it :)

Eta: did I miss announcement that shadowkin was actually opening?

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 16, 2021, 05:2711/16/21
12/30/20
Trips

Lol, haven't even thought of a team but I was expecting the opposite of champ buffs... thinking the wait is going to include new FW enemies, and they will be buffed.

Was thinking kimi, yoshi, ninja plus 2 would speed farm it :)

Eta: did I miss announcement that shadowkin was actually opening?

I believe sometime in January, unfortunately can't recall where I heard it, though.