All Categories

What's next in Raid! (Updated with Head of Blight Info)

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Nov 15, 2021, 18:5011/15/21
02/24/19

Ash Interview with Cirilla

Well, Cirilla went out and did an interview with Ash about the new Hydra Clan Boss, new login champs, etc...

Harbby has provided a summary below of the 45ish minute interview. What are everyone's thoughts so far?

Watch the vid here :) 

i

Here is the recent Head of Blight info from Raid's socials:

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 15, 2021, 19:5311/15/21
08/17/21

My main concern is the dupe system and void tower just sound like a bunch of pointless power creep to me. If all champions get stronger then the content eventually has to get buffed too and you're right back to where you started. Trading in dupes for tokens is a good idea, a system for re-rolling shards that pull a dupe is a good idea, they should go with that instead of adding power creep. I think it would be better if the void tower was a place we could farm books.

Nov 15, 2021, 20:3111/15/21
10/09/20

It was 40 min of nothing. None of the questions where answered. What's the point in Q&A if you don't answer anything?

№1 issue in Raid is absolutely insane amount of time you need to spend ingame just for daily activities. New Hydra boss will add even more time to this. Yay.....

Nov 15, 2021, 20:3911/15/21
06/25/20

Yeah I don't have time to watch an entire video. Is there a synopsis somewhere?

Nov 15, 2021, 21:5311/15/21
01/04/20
kramaswamy.kr

Yeah I don't have time to watch an entire video. Is there a synopsis somewhere?

Yeah, one sec.

Nov 15, 2021, 22:0311/15/21
Nov 18, 2021, 13:31(edited)
01/04/20

I wrote these as I was watching, may have missed something but I'm pretty sure this is everything. 

Ash: people are saying the fusions are getting worse

Ciri: we don't think there is such thing as a bad champion

Ash: have you seen Harrier?

1) It is possible that good rare champions will be coming, but the main focus is going to be on epics in order to help newer accounts progress faster.

See below for exact quote. 

2) More limited edition champions like Ninja - no specifics

3) Tavern will be improved by the start of spring.

4) Ciri just called out Skratch and hellhades lol, basically said same thing Oracle told us about the feast and keg NOT being a part of the promised updates, they are separate. 

5) New filters: Sort by upgradeable, sort by levels, sort by ascension.

6) There will be a button to level/ascend instantly outside of the feast and barrels. Using all of the potions / brews that it would normally take.

7) Next year super raids for doom tower and FW early 2022

8) Next year main focus will be pvp.

9) 

Hydra will have different heads (obviously). Head of Torment deals with fears, said you need veils to not get true feared.

If you manage to kill Head of Torment, you will get cleansed and 2 champs will get perfect veil buff, I assume in preparation for the next head.

Poisons will be weak to it.

That's all they covered about Hydra. 

Nov 15, 2021, 22:1111/15/21
Nov 15, 2021, 22:17(edited)
06/25/20

5 and 6 are going to be massive timesavers for me. Hope we don't have to wait too long for them. Thanks Harbby!

Nov 15, 2021, 23:0911/15/21
08/17/21

Regarding rare and uncommon champions I think that's suggesting more of that pointless power creep I was talking about earlier. Coldheart is an exceptionally powerful rare and I don't think we need too many like that but more on the level of Apothecary, Frozen Banshee and Warmaiden would be good. Rares will be encountered more frequently by newer players, they'll be easier to upgrade and good rares will help them progress. For all these same reasons good rares are beneficial for F2P players and can even help established players in specialized roles or places like Faction Wars. As players stay in the game longer they'll get those epics and legendaries that are even better than the good rares and they'll want to upgrade so it keeps people playing and potentially spending on the game. If they just buff the content to require epics and legendaries to play the game then epics and legendaries are no longer special, they're simply the standard champions required to play. Since we'll be getting them at an accelerated rate everybody will end up with tons of these non-special epics and legendaries and not having anything new or exciting to look forward to will lose interest in the game and stop playing. It's just a bad model for the players and the devs.

Nov 16, 2021, 00:0711/16/21
10/08/17

I love these interviews. Good on Plarium to do these :) Most MMO's do not bother

Nov 16, 2021, 03:5011/16/21
12/19/19

Lol @ Have u seen harrier .  Made me go watch beginning of video.  Thanks for the notes, no way could I watch that entire waste of an hour..  5 minutes was painful 

Nov 16, 2021, 10:4011/16/21
10/08/17
Trips

Lol @ Have u seen harrier .  Made me go watch beginning of video.  Thanks for the notes, no way could I watch that entire waste of an hour..  5 minutes was painful 

So you are saying that if Plarium chose to not do these  interviews to keep the community up to date you would be just as happy?

Somehow I think the community would be screaming that plarium does not communicate with its community

Truth being said here, compared to other MMO's they are above the rest out there, go check for yourselves😉

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 16, 2021, 21:0011/16/21
02/24/19

I definitely appreciate the interviews. 

The mod team gets a lot of heat/hate for being "plarium shills" and that ramps up when Plarium hasn't done an interview in a few weeks. The better they communicate, the more the player base has realistic expectations of the game. And the more I can just help people with CB builds and which champs to 6 star. :D

And with this Hydra, it looks like a lot of CB builds will be in our future.

Nov 17, 2021, 01:0211/17/21
01/04/20
harleQuinn

I definitely appreciate the interviews. 

The mod team gets a lot of heat/hate for being "plarium shills" and that ramps up when Plarium hasn't done an interview in a few weeks. The better they communicate, the more the player base has realistic expectations of the game. And the more I can just help people with CB builds and which champs to 6 star. :D

And with this Hydra, it looks like a lot of CB builds will be in our future.

I give up already, please build my Hydra team. 

Nov 17, 2021, 15:4611/17/21
02/14/21

The Improve PVP worries me.

Sorry to those that love it, if I could not do the PVP i would skip it.

I find that a year into the game and if I do not win the speed race I get crushed more often than not, so i find it more fustrating than fun.

If they go back to how PVP was last March -May I most likely will be done with this game.

Yes Yes Player J and Trips I know GET GUD!

Nov 17, 2021, 16:1011/17/21
12/19/19
Minin

The Improve PVP worries me.

Sorry to those that love it, if I could not do the PVP i would skip it.

I find that a year into the game and if I do not win the speed race I get crushed more often than not, so i find it more fustrating than fun.

If they go back to how PVP was last March -May I most likely will be done with this game.

Yes Yes Player J and Trips I know GET GUD!

I don't think Classic arena will be changed from current state (bots will stay), and Tag probably not either.  I am guessing (hopeful) PvP will be the focus of any new content like real Clan vs Clan battles.  That is battling the other clan in Arena (classic or 3v3).

Classic is legacy content, should be ignored by developers and left as is with bots IMO.

Tag is the current "paywall", only real end-game content along with Hard DT (which most end-game have completed other than secret rooms).

Minin, enjoy the journey.  The PvE content is ample for casual/f2p to progress through Arbiter missions and early Ramantu missions without significant PvP barriers.  

Nov 17, 2021, 20:2811/17/21
02/14/21

I am still enjoying the game.

I am a really piss poor loser so the Arena really get my blood presure going at times 😂

But the last two 2X event i had some Harby luck.

I pulled Prince Kymar and Skullcrown so working on the masteries ATM.

I am on Accend a Void champ so working on getting Skull to 60 to accend next CVC same with booking both.

I just completed DT normal for the first time .

Over all feeling pretty good about the game but really wish they would make it so speed was not everything.

I went from 3 keying NM CB to an Easy 2 key just because i improved my speeds and i do not think any other stat would have had that impact.

Nov 17, 2021, 21:0511/17/21
Nov 18, 2021, 00:01(edited)
12/19/19
Minin

I am still enjoying the game.

I am a really piss poor loser so the Arena really get my blood presure going at times 😂

But the last two 2X event i had some Harby luck.

I pulled Prince Kymar and Skullcrown so working on the masteries ATM.

I am on Accend a Void champ so working on getting Skull to 60 to accend next CVC same with booking both.

I just completed DT normal for the first time .

Over all feeling pretty good about the game but really wish they would make it so speed was not everything.

I went from 3 keying NM CB to an Easy 2 key just because i improved my speeds and i do not think any other stat would have had that impact.

Kymar is amazing.  Arena, DT, .... congrats! I would start working on UNM, even if 4 keys (assuming u have time to do 4 a day) it is way better than NM chest.  Good thing is speed tunes at 174+ (just faster than NM boss) work on UNM the same just offset by 1 turn.  I think "anyone" with geomancer can 4-key UNM to be honest.

Edited by moderator. - Harbs

No swears. 

Nov 18, 2021, 04:1111/18/21
03/19/20

I  really  look  forward  For  the  update  mainly  the  dupe  system  and new  clan  boss  i  wanna  see  what  it  will  give  out  

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 18, 2021, 13:0411/18/21
02/24/19
frankieray2102

I  really  look  forward  For  the  update  mainly  the  dupe  system  and new  clan  boss  i  wanna  see  what  it  will  give  out  

Me too! I know HH did another video like yesterday.  Concerning what we know about Hydra. Was there extra info in there? I need to find some time to watch, I guess.

Nov 18, 2021, 14:0011/18/21
01/04/20

At 17:15

Cirilla says that Plarium is "focusing more on epics and legendaries with more complicated skillsets. And just not really focusing on rares, commons, and uncommons because they won't help you with closing that content that we're going to give."

Ash then asks if Cirilla can promise at least one good rare in a year,  Cirilla says she can't make that promise.

The key take away here is that they may not be the focus, but they could possibly come out with more.

Nov 18, 2021, 19:5011/18/21
03/19/20
harleQuinn

Me too! I know HH did another video like yesterday.  Concerning what we know about Hydra. Was there extra info in there? I need to find some time to watch, I guess.

He  did  have  some  great  info  still  no  date  on  with  the  update  is  coming  im  still  watching  a  few  other  creators  for  info deadwood  should  have  a  new  one  out  today  or  tm  with  info