All Categories

Barrels and Feasts

Barrels and Feasts

Search
Nov 11, 2021, 17:0311/11/21
04/02/19

Barrels and Feasts

So in this latest upgrade they have found a way to take out the grind - Barrels and Feasts - from Tournaments and events then later on from Limited Special Offers

So basically the whales can now max their champs in an instant instead of that annoying grind!

Way to really screw over  the game Plarium,  and I mean REALLY screw the game

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 11, 2021, 17:1211/11/21
05/22/21

Why? They already can buy chickens/xp brews and do it anyway? Or buy energy and set up a clicker? What grind?

Nov 11, 2021, 17:1911/11/21
06/25/20

I'm on the fence on this one. Yeah, of course, more food for whales is just whatever - as far as I'm concerned, if Plarium can extract more value and use the proceeds to improve experience from the rest of us, sure, no prob.

On the other hand - if this accelerates the advancement of players too fast, you'll end up either with a stale environment where there is nothing new to do because everything is easily beatable, or a stale environment because everything becomes too difficult to achieve.

I'll reserve judgement until I see exactly how they will be implemented, and how "difficult" it would be to get.

Nov 11, 2021, 17:4311/11/21
04/02/19
Aute

Why? They already can buy chickens/xp brews and do it anyway? Or buy energy and set up a clicker? What grind?

If you read the update  you will be able to instantly take champs to level 6, not really the same as chickens, it says this 

Barrels instantly increase a champions level to the highest possible for their rank for example if you give a rank 3 level 1 a barrel that will instantly become rank 3 level 30.  Ok, not so bad, but if it works for a rank 6 level 1 up to rank 6 level 60 that takes a lot of grind out

Feasts instantly take your chosen champion to rank 6  - for example give a rank 3 level 30 a feast it will go to rank 6 level 1

So pretty much with a feast and a barrel you can make a rank 3 level 30 a rank 6 level 60 in two moves

The last point is also worth noting - available through Limited Special Offers - that means you can buy them, they won't be cheap but as I said, I believe this is just money grabbing and benefits the paying people, the whales who want the best, will pay for it and niw don't even have the annoyance of actually leveling champs

Nov 11, 2021, 17:4711/11/21
01/02/20

barrel is usefull but you cant get if not whale

or you cc an get it if it will replace leg books from rewards)

meat is useless cause all you get in profit is up epic or rare which is useless,,,

cause to 6 star leggo you need to have 50 lvl leggo...ahaha

nice tavern fix

new shit dupe system is not even out and we allready eating new shit 

Nov 11, 2021, 17:5511/11/21
04/02/19

Feasts will probably be as expensive as sacreds - just think, you take a rank 3 level 30 to rank 6 level one with a feast, thats three rank 3's, four rank 4's and 5 rank 5's you don't need to grind out, than with a barrel you get it to rank 6 level 60

You watch, the next two 'updates' will be a potion that will instantly ascend you to 6 star and a 'Golden Scroll' that will give you all your masteries - Limoted Special Offers of course

Nov 11, 2021, 18:1511/11/21
01/02/20
forrestleigh

Feasts will probably be as expensive as sacreds - just think, you take a rank 3 level 30 to rank 6 level one with a feast, thats three rank 3's, four rank 4's and 5 rank 5's you don't need to grind out, than with a barrel you get it to rank 6 level 60

You watch, the next two 'updates' will be a potion that will instantly ascend you to 6 star and a 'Golden Scroll' that will give you all your masteries - Limoted Special Offers of course

wow there are so many rares in game ppl want to use meat

Nov 11, 2021, 18:1811/11/21
10/15/20

Got to love their style in a way

Create a massive timesink and grind, then offer to sell you a way to bypass that grind.

Tournaments for these will be dominated by whales

Whales will buy them.

We just witnessed the gap between whales and ftp grow a bit.

Nov 11, 2021, 18:5711/11/21
04/02/19
trevor.wilson

Got to love their style in a way

Create a massive timesink and grind, then offer to sell you a way to bypass that grind.

Tournaments for these will be dominated by whales

Whales will buy them.

We just witnessed the gap between whales and ftp grow a bit.

Very nicely summed up - they aren't usually quite this blatent though, and this could wreck the game

Nov 11, 2021, 19:1711/11/21
12/19/19
forrestleigh

Very nicely summed up - they aren't usually quite this blatent though, and this could wreck the game

I disagree.  They are always this blatant :) And we (f2p / low spenders) always say it will break game... but it won't.  Whales will always have their own pool, they really only impact Plat classic and Gold tag though.  I don't think this widens the gap as much as the dupe system will either.

Nov 11, 2021, 20:0511/11/21
10/15/20
Trips

I disagree.  They are always this blatant :) And we (f2p / low spenders) always say it will break game... but it won't.  Whales will always have their own pool, they really only impact Plat classic and Gold tag though.  I don't think this widens the gap as much as the dupe system will either.

I think the dupe system will create massive differences, and i also think plarium will factor in dupe bonuses when calculating how good to make a champ

In other words they will begin to balance champs and content based on people having their dupe bonus's

I agree they are always blatant - and obviously wont care what we think, just the effect on revenue.

Nov 11, 2021, 20:3311/11/21
12/19/19
trevor.wilson

I think the dupe system will create massive differences, and i also think plarium will factor in dupe bonuses when calculating how good to make a champ

In other words they will begin to balance champs and content based on people having their dupe bonus's

I agree they are always blatant - and obviously wont care what we think, just the effect on revenue.

I didn't state that very clearly.   I agree the dupe system will be a huge bonus for whales.

Not exactly sure what you mean by balance champs and content based on dupe bonus?  I think in general though, we can expect 2 things:

1. New content will be more difficult, I am still predicting it will be "seer-proof" somehow. Right after the next 10x has seer... lmao 

2. New champs will continue to be more "niche".  They want us to have to invest (time or money) in as many champs as possible, so be prepared to be underwhelmed moreso than now. 

Nov 11, 2021, 20:3711/11/21
Nov 11, 2021, 20:38(edited)
10/15/20
Trips

I didn't state that very clearly.   I agree the dupe system will be a huge bonus for whales.

Not exactly sure what you mean by balance champs and content based on dupe bonus?  I think in general though, we can expect 2 things:

1. New content will be more difficult, I am still predicting it will be "seer-proof" somehow. Right after the next 10x has seer... lmao 

2. New champs will continue to be more "niche".  They want us to have to invest (time or money) in as many champs as possible, so be prepared to be underwhelmed moreso than now. 

I was saying content will become more difficult, but i was explaining it poorly.

Those with maxxed out dupe bonus's will have a big power surge.

I think they will take that power surge into consideration when deciding the difficulty of content going forward.

I think they will also consider that power surge when deciding how good new champs should be.

Oh and i could so see a x10 and then a nerf on seer, similar has happened more than once, but i find it funny not annoying.