All Categories

Clan Boss Discussion/Ninja Question

Search
Oct 13, 2021, 19:1010/13/21
07/18/21

Hey guys

First my question: If the CB is already under HP burn debuff and it is Ninja's turn, should I use Hailburn or wait until the debuff has expired and use Hailburn the next turn?  I'm not sure if I would be "wasting" an HP burn debuff turn if I use that skill again while the debuff is active and will take damage on the next CB turn anyway.  Thoughts?

Now for my CB team.  I am currently running:

Apothecary (speed, self-heals since he is not in lifesteal and maybe a clutch heal on someone else in a late round, giant slayer)

Kael (poison, warmaster)

Ninja (HB burn, warmaster)

Stag Knight (decrease ATK, decrease DEF, warmaster)

Miscreated Monster (ally protect, shield for Apoth so he doesn't have to heal himself in early rounds, warmaster)

That lineup usually gets me 15M, sometimes up to 17M per key on Nightmare, so a pretty comfortable 3-key.  Trying to at least get to 20M so I can start 2 keying Nightmare and at least start setting my sights on UNM.

I have a plan to do the following:

Replace Kael with Occult Brawler.  It sounds like he is the better/more consistent poisoner and frees me to rebuild Kael for other content.

Replace Miscreated and Stag Knight with Jareg.  I'm hoping Jareg can handle the decrease ATK and the ally protect (while also giving some increase ally DEF/continuous heals which would be a bonus), and then hoping Ninja can handle the decrease DEF that Stag Knight was giving me.  This also opens a slot for another damage dealer which would be Frozen Banshee.

What do you think?  Seems like it obviously would increase damage output, but can Jareg/Ninja handle the decrease ATK and DEF that Stag Knight gives me (both of which are up the entire round currently)?  Am I missing anything?

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 13, 2021, 21:0010/13/21
07/18/21

And more to the point, for people that run Jareg and/or Ninja in Clan Boss, if fully booked do they keep decrease DEF and decrease ATK up the entire fight if fully booked and/or you have master hexer mastery?

Oct 13, 2021, 21:0610/13/21
10/15/20

Frozen Banshee and Occult Brawler together are poison overkill. You need 4 spots for other debuffs (decrease atk, decrease def, hp-burn, poison sensitivity) if you use both, and 6 poison spots will be filled in a couple of turns. Don't forget that OB's passive poisons have a duration of 4 turns. If the debuff bar is filled with poison you may come in the situation that the decrease atk buff can't be placed anymore.

I would run only Occult Brawler and use the free spot to increase your defense. Maybe Miscreated Monster could stay, Jareg's ally protect lasts 2 turns on a (booked) 4 turn cooldown. If you use Jareg and Miscreated Monster with some speedtuning, you could have ally protection up the whole fight.

Oct 13, 2021, 21:2210/13/21
07/18/21

ah ok, see that is why I came here.  Didn't think about the debuff bar filling up.

I'll try a few combos to see what works best.

Still would like to know about the Jareg/Ninja decrease ATK/DEF question.  Right now Stag Knight is a boss keeping both up the whole time.

Oct 13, 2021, 21:2910/13/21
05/22/21

I have Ninja fully booked and him trying to manage defense down is pretty inconsistent. Not only its 60%, but a lot of turns he will be using his a2/a3

Always use his HP burn skill even if it is already applied, as it procs those 75k every time he lands them, you can easily see the damage numbers showing on screen. This is different than, for example Geomancer, who lands it only once and does not trigger the damage instantly.

Apr 21, 2022, 17:5504/21/22
07/18/21

sorry for the old bump, but I'm way overdue for an update on this and looking for further suggestions

So I did end up making the changes I mentioned above.  Went with Rearguard and Jareg for ally protect.  And OB replaced Kael.  That team got me to a two key NM and eventually I broke into a 4 key UNM.  Better gear got me to a sometimes 3 key UNM.  But it was not speed tuned, very manual, and keeping decrease attack up at all times was very sketchy.

Then I decided to finally speed tune a team, try leech instead of lifesteal/heals, and also block the stun.  My current team is Jareg, Tatura, Venomage, Fahrakin, and Vogoth.  I put Jareg in Stalwart gear and now this team is a guaranteed UNM 3 key, usually getting between 28M and 33M per key.  On a good run I can get to 50 or more turns, but the damage is only 600K or so per turn.

But during the last void 2x, my first pull was Santa. I already had Warcaster in my vault, so I'm thinking it's time to dabble in an unkillable comp.  I also have Deacon, and I have the gear to pull it off, so it seems like a 2:1 is in order.

Deacon

Santa

Warcaster

Tatura

DPS

My initial thought is that Fayne becomes the DPS.  Would love to get Ninja in there, but seems like his A1 screws up the speed tune.

What do you guys think?  Is Fayne the right answer based on this roster?  Do I have any other comp options I should consider?  Is it possible to fit Ninja into a Deacon 2:1?

i

i