All Categories

Recent points changes in CvC seem to be insane

Search
Sep 8, 2021, 13:3409/08/21
08/23/21

Increasing points in 10x for chasing rare, epic, legendary champ - is too much. It can completely destroy competition for more-less equal (considering non-"pay to win" activities) teams. (at least in lowest tiers)

And actually it is pity and not really efficient moneywise for Plarium too. 

Closer competition - bigger motivation for people to stay active and also to buy and use rare/void/sacred shards. But when competition is completely broken by 1 single "big spender" - there is no additional motivation to purchase and open costly shards. Competition is over.

A couple of demo-screenshots:

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 8, 2021, 13:5809/08/21
06/25/20

It never was a competition. That was really just an illusion you had convinced yourself of. Perhaps at the lowest levels of CvC it is possible for f2p clans to win, but the scheme is very obviously intended to encourage spending.

I'm not saying this as a criticism of you, or of Plarium. It's just the intended design.

On the other hand - enjoy the mountain of free rewards you get just for playing the game. CvC almost makes it so you have permanent 2x XP.

Sep 8, 2021, 14:0209/08/21
Sep 8, 2021, 17:17(edited)
08/23/21
kramaswamy.kr

It never was a competition. That was really just an illusion you had convinced yourself of. Perhaps at the lowest levels of CvC it is possible for f2p clans to win, but the scheme is very obviously intended to encourage spending.

I'm not saying this as a criticism of you, or of Plarium. It's just the intended design.

On the other hand - enjoy the mountain of free rewards you get just for playing the game. CvC almost makes it so you have permanent 2x XP.

Free rewards are nice. 

But if for chasing rares/epics/legos there would be reasonable points, possible to compensate by activity for less-paying clan - there would be also bigger competition and readiness to spend money/open non-free shards on both sides.

Current 10/20k points for lego - is just insane. 3k for new epic - is probably also too much. 3k for leveling lego skill - is definitely too much.

P.S. Maybe there is another game in higher leagues. But for lowest tiers - there should be significantly less points for chased champs and epic/lego tomes.

Sep 8, 2021, 14:2009/08/21
08/23/21

On the bright side - competition (while there was one) drived me to open 1 void shard outside of "2x time" (to get points and also 50 energy from advanced quest). And I got Bellower. :)