All Categories

New fragment event - Roric Wyrmbane

Search
Aug 30, 2021, 22:3408/30/21
02/13/21

So the next fragment event has been announced along with the legendary from it.  I believe the event will occur sometime next week.  The legendary champion that we will be able to get is Roric Wyrmbane, a attack spirit barbarian champ.  His kit will be:

A1: Wyrmslayer Hammer

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Each hit has a 40% (booked to 50%) chance of placing a [Stun] debuff for 1 turn . Each hit will fill this Champion’s Turn Meter by 15% if the target is not under a [Stun] debuff after the hit.

A2: Dragon Rage 

Attacks 1 enemy. Has an 80% (booked to 100%)  chance of decreasing the target’s Turn Meter by 75% . If this skill fully depleted the target’s Turn Meter, also has an 80% (booked to 50%)  chance of placing a [Stun] debuff on all other enemies for 1 turn.

3 turn cooldown 

A3: Scale Breaker

Attacks 1 enemy. Will ignore 50% of the target’s DEF.

[Passive Effect] Will always use this skill instead of the default skill when counterattacking.
This skill will not be blocked by [Block Active Skills] debuffs.

4 turn cooldown (booked to 3)

Passive: Titan’s End

Immune to [Stun] debuffs.

Deals 15% more damage to Bosses and receives 15% less damage from them.

Aura:

Increases Ally SPD in all Battles by 19% 

I think he looks pretty decent.  I can see him in Spider for his A2.  His A3 counterattack is also an interesting idea which I thought could be good for Griffin, but the turn meter boost on A1 doesn't help there.  Also keen to see the epics that are available too.

I'll probably aim for him considering fragment events are usually easier than fusion ones, so it won't be a massive tax on my resources (plus I skipped the last one).  

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 30, 2021, 23:2908/30/21
06/25/20

He seems very good overall. I don't think you should discount the idea of using him as an arena controller. With enough speed, he should be able to act after your speed boosters to stun their entire team, along with resetting the TM of one target. There are better champs for this, of course (Astralon, etc...), but for someone who doesn't have them, he is very interesting.

Aug 31, 2021, 08:0508/31/21
02/08/20

His kit is very interesting for me and he would be definitely a valuable addition to my roster.

I think he can help me with Fire Knight, Spider and overall with crowd controlling force affinity waves. For the latter one I do not have any good option so far therefore I will try to get him.

Aug 31, 2021, 08:1808/31/21
01/11/21

Seems a bit too rushed imo, since we just ended a fusion. Could use some more room to do other stuff.

Aug 31, 2021, 09:4108/31/21
Aug 31, 2021, 09:42(edited)
02/13/21
Arcllite

Seems a bit too rushed imo, since we just ended a fusion. Could use some more room to do other stuff.

These fusion/fragment events are monthly, so this timing is consistent with the last ones.  Infact, it is actually slightly longer than usual:

- Ruel was 28 days after Brogni started

- Hurndig was 27 days after Ruel started 

- Versulf was 25 days after Hurndig started 

- Mother Cybele was 34 days after Versulf started 

- Now Roric is 32 days after Mother Cybele started 

*Note that the above times are after the previous event started, not ended, which is why it can feel rushed

With regards to Roric, the more I think about him the more I'd be interested in seeing how well he did in a counterattack CB team, with his A2 turned off.  He would continually use his A3 on each counter attack which hopefully does a lot of damage, and in between he would be using his A1.  

The only problem is that the turn meter boost on his A1 would potentially throw him out of sync with any speed tunes.  

Aug 31, 2021, 13:1008/31/21
06/25/20

The other problem with him on a CB team is that he doesn't bring anything at all to the team. He'd be there purely for damage, which is a luxury most CB teams can't afford.