All Categories

Hate what is happening?  STOP SPENDING MOBILE WHALES!!!

Hate what is happening? STOP SPENDING MOBILE WHALES!!!

Search
Aug 20, 2021, 23:3908/20/21
06/21/19

Hate what is happening? STOP SPENDING MOBILE WHALES!!!

Mobile whales, 

This is for you. 

STOP PAYING FOR THIS GAME!

Your behavior is encouraging the most recent changes of garbage which not only impacts us BUT also impacts (ready for this?) YOU TOO!

You may think you are having a blast but your wallet tells a different story.  People will gladly spend money if the rewards are worth it but Plarium wont meet their player base halfway because the 2% of you keep feeding the pig.  

STOP IT!

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 20, 2021, 23:4508/20/21
05/02/14

Your tears are sweet juice to them.

Aug 20, 2021, 23:5408/20/21
06/21/19

I dont cry when Im angry.  :)

Aug 21, 2021, 00:0108/21/21
11/16/20

It's not this game, it's gaming in general.

I'm old, I grew up before the internet was around. When I was a kid you bought a game and owned it that is all. No early access, first day dlc, skin packs, monthly subs, premium membership, ect ect ect.

At some point the gaming industry moved into the monthly subscription gaming for online services. Then the micro transactions crept in little by little. It happened little by little inch by inch, just like the government and taxes and freedoms.

With the advent of modern mobile gaming there is almost zero games you can just outright purchase. The micro transactions model has proven to be infinity more profitable then making a quality game and selling it. At the end of the day that's what they are here for, to make money. Love of creating a game doesn't get shareholders to invest in your company so you can produce games. Love of creating a game doesn't get you a place to live, a car, or a big screen tv to watch modern filth that rots your soul.

Yes nowdays most games are online and require servers, updates and all the things that modern gamers believe they need.

You can hardly even buy a hard copy of modern games. I purchased a PC game a few years back and was amazed when I opened the "special collectors edition jewel case" to find a piece of cardboard shaped like a dvd with a digital download code. No booklet, no special maps or posters. Opening a game as a kid was a treat to see what kind of cool stuff was packed in there. Now it's just souless, cheapest way to open your wallet up indefiniy.

The old wild west internet is dead. The old gaming is dead.

Your pixels are rented. Say a bad word, leave a harsh review, community doesn't spend enough, it all goes offline into the abyss.

At the end of the day gaming companies are doing what is in their best interest. There is no one to blame other than modern gamers for the state of the games they play and pay.  

Aug 21, 2021, 00:3008/21/21
06/21/19
evilized6666

I'm old, I grew up before the internet was around. When I was a kid you bought a game and owned it that is all. No early access, first day dlc, skin packs, monthly subs, premium membership, ect ect ect.

At some point the gaming industry moved into the monthly subscription gaming for online services. Then the micro transactions crept in little by little. It happened little by little inch by inch, just like the government and taxes and freedoms.

With the advent of modern mobile gaming there is almost zero games you can just outright purchase. The micro transactions model has proven to be infinity more profitable then making a quality game and selling it. At the end of the day that's what they are here for, to make money. Love of creating a game doesn't get shareholders to invest in your company so you can produce games. Love of creating a game doesn't get you a place to live, a car, or a big screen tv to watch modern filth that rots your soul.

Yes nowdays most games are online and require servers, updates and all the things that modern gamers believe they need.

You can hardly even buy a hard copy of modern games. I purchased a PC game a few years back and was amazed when I opened the "special collectors edition jewel case" to find a piece of cardboard shaped like a dvd with a digital download code. No booklet, no special maps or posters. Opening a game as a kid was a treat to see what kind of cool stuff was packed in there. Now it's just souless, cheapest way to open your wallet up indefiniy.

Your pixels are rented. Say a bad word, leave a harsh review, community doesn't spend enough, it all goes offline into the abyss.

At the end of the day gaming companies are doing what is in their best interest. There is no one to blame other than modern gamers for the state of the games they play and pay.  

Nailed it. 

Aug 21, 2021, 02:0408/21/21
08/09/21
evilized6666

This broke my soul cause i know that feeling. I rather have a disc that has a few scratches on it vs a downloadable card that comes out redeemed when claiming it. Now you have to go through the extra hassle with the seller to get your money back.

I been playing this game for about 13 days and I just don't see the huge hype about this game. chats in-game are dead besides the spammers to sell accounts because they found a way through the ban filter lol.

I spent a little bit to be entertained but i think it may be time to go

Aug 21, 2021, 03:5808/21/21
07/31/21
evilized6666

Nostalgia lets people see everything through rose colourd glasses. I also gre up way before the internet.

Back then fixin bugs was a problem. "Premium editions" were just some artbooks or other stuff that was sld in addition to the disks for ungodly markup. Copy protection was a pain. etc.

Thre reason the industry moved to this model is solely the fault of all those people professing to love games. They suree like to play AAA games but as surely as they like to play them don't want to pay a fair price for them. The money to develop thme needs to come from somewher, though.

Ther are still games out there nt requiring constant internet. But what's the difference between selling "premium boxes" with vastly overpriced stuff or selling overprices optional skins?

Me personally I prefer to play a few games for a long time. I rather like it when they get continously expanded. (as long s the expansions ar decently priced)

Of course games, that get it wrong, go overboard on transactions are terrible. But then there are also those who geet it right. 

Would you rather have Diablo 2 with it's static content or rather Path of exile with expandin content and options?