Heart Rot can be blocked?

Search
Aug 12, 2021, 03:5508/12/21
07/02/20

I don't get it.

The description on the skil states, "This debuff cannot be blocked."

I've been running into a lot of instances in Arenas where Heart Rot is blocked almost all the time.

I'm running in G4 Arena and my ACC is 220 but Heart Rot gets blocked almost every time. The other skills go off without a hitch. So how is a skill that is listed as 'cannot be blocked' getting blocked?  It's highly confusing and making me wonder if I should just strip the heros down that have Bomb skills and stop using them.

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 12, 2021, 04:1308/12/21
07/08/19

heart rot cannot be resisted, but it can be blocked and it still won't trigger on weak hits. i'd assume that if the debuffs aren't being applied, it either is being overridden by a block debuffs buff or you're attacking magic affinity champs and getting weak hits. if neither of those are applicable, you may want to contact the support team about a potential bug.

Aug 12, 2021, 04:1608/12/21
02/13/21

The description of the skill is "this debuff cannot be resisted", not "this debuff cannot be blocked".  From what I understand, it means that when the game normally tries to check accuracy vs resistance to determine if the debuff is placed, it simply won't do that step for this skill.  

It doesn't mean the debuff will be placed every time though.  There are other factors that could contribute to it not being placed, including the block debuffs buff, weak hits and normal immunity (e.g. with some bosses)

Aug 12, 2021, 21:5008/12/21
02/29/20

There  is  also  a  mastery  that  removes  debuffs  when  they  take  too  much  damage.