All Categories

Making fusions more difficult again

Search
Aug 6, 2021, 19:3208/06/21
01/27/21

So arena and champion chase are both harder than they've been in previous fusions (not a fan of BGE but he covered it today).  The champion chase numbers are where they used to have the extra shards that you could skip.  Are they trying to bring back Brogni-level fusions again?  Why?  Do they really just want to burn people out and get them to quit the game?  I sure know that my response to a harder champion chase isn't to buy shards, it is to say "heck no, I'm out of here if that is how you are going to treat me".

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 6, 2021, 19:4608/06/21
12/19/19

I finished both over my first cup of coffee, didn't notice any changes. Arena is a joke, so you certainly aren't complaining about that one? I can't see what chase is, 1800? Not horrible, don't recall what it usually is though. 

Aug 6, 2021, 19:5508/06/21
01/19/21

The champion chase and whale-promotion (or "summon rush" as some people call them) parts have always been the most precarious parts of these events. Anything else you can prepare for quite easily, but those and especially the latter tend to require either some really careful saving of shards and past fusions, opening a stupid amount of green shards, or spending money to get the shards you need.

Aug 6, 2021, 20:1608/06/21
12/19/19
EGDNIT

The champion chase and whale-promotion (or "summon rush" as some people call them) parts have always been the most precarious parts of these events. Anything else you can prepare for quite easily, but those and especially the latter tend to require either some really careful saving of shards and past fusions, opening a stupid amount of green shards, or spending money to get the shards you need.

I agree with everything you stated other than being difficult to prepare for the shard events. There is a fusion every month with the same two events? No whale requirements for this fusion. 

If you think lower level / f2p should be able to complete every event with ease, I strongly disagree. 

Aug 6, 2021, 20:3008/06/21
01/15/21

Champ chase is one i can never manage :) but i got the last fusion without doing it.

Arena- really, i have done it within 24 hours, just killing bots so i am surprised people struggle?

Champ training- its a big grind, but save refills in advance

Im skipping this fusion, and spending the week trying to catch up on minotaur (i have tonnes of level 60 champs without masteries)

The fusion doesnt look great?

Aug 6, 2021, 22:0208/06/21
01/27/21
Trips

I finished both over my first cup of coffee, didn't notice any changes. Arena is a joke, so you certainly aren't complaining about that one? I can't see what chase is, 1800? Not horrible, don't recall what it usually is though. 

Arena is easy for me, but for lower accounts who haven't gotten good arena champs it isn't.  The absolutely messed up system they have where matches are based on account power remains in place.  And for the champion chase... yes I'm sure everything is easy if you throw money at it.  Great point.  That has absolutely nothing to do with my point that they've made it more difficult though.  Same goes for arena.  If you were going to run a 5k and then they told you when you lined up to start that it was an 8k, that might be really easyfor some people and it might be too difficult for others but the degree of difficulty for the individual doesn't change the fact that the goalposts were moved from what was originally expected.  So kudos to you and your wallet but that was a bit of a non sequitor from the point that I was making.

Aug 6, 2021, 22:1008/06/21
01/27/21
Trevor Wilson

Champ chase is one i can never manage :) but i got the last fusion without doing it.

Arena- really, i have done it within 24 hours, just killing bots so i am surprised people struggle?

Champ training- its a big grind, but save refills in advance

Im skipping this fusion, and spending the week trying to catch up on minotaur (i have tonnes of level 60 champs without masteries)

The fusion doesnt look great?

The fusion looks good to me.  Fast-tanky Bellower 2.0 is someone that I don't mind on my account and her and Versulf will make a huge difference on my faction wars team.  

Arena - prior to gold they have the same issue with account power.  I have Arbiter now so it is easy for me.  Doesn't really matter though, they've made it more difficult which will disproportionately hit those who struggle the most in arena.

Champ training - I always prepare ahead for them.  I'm pretty pissed that they didn't start the fusion with one like they always do.  What's the point of preparing ahead if Plarium will just change things up on us willy nilly with no advance warning?

Champ chase - In the past when it was just one champion, it was at 1150.  The higher number was only if you were going to get frags so you could skip other events.  So they're upping the difficulty on us.  

i