All Categories

!WARNING! Mass account hacks being reported

Search
Aug 4, 2021, 20:2508/04/21
05/07/21

So I logged off last night for a total of 6 hours.  When I came back in my password had been changed, and almost all of my shards had been spent along with gems silver and other misc missing items as well as extra champions etc

After investigating on my end and validating that my email associated was not accessed (which I already knew because anytime those accounts are accessed it send a mass email to all my other email accounts as notification) I emailed Plarium.  The response back was "not our fault, you shouldn't have linked your facebook".  I don't have a facebook and I didn't link anything.  

Talking with my Clan members they are seeing reports of massive amounts of accounts being compromised.  At this point it seems there was a MAJOR security breach that Plarium either isn't aware of, or is failing to notify it's customers about.  And to top off the top shelf world class customer service.  They are blaming the customers for using authetication methods that they push you to use, EVEN WHEN THE CUSTOMER ISN'T USING THEM!!!

If you have been hacked as well please share your story here so maybe, just maybe, we can get Plarium to step up and discover what the bare minimum of customer service is.

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 5, 2021, 00:4608/05/21
02/11/21

Did you have the 2 factor authentification enabled?  I have it, so I just want to know if this is something I need to worry about.  

Aug 5, 2021, 15:5808/05/21
05/07/21

Given the facts that I've gathered.  My best guess is that Plarium stores the passwords in plain text.  So if you use the same password elsewhere there's a risk to other accounts.  Thankfully this was a unique pw for me.

As far as 2FA, I can't confirm that you're still safe with it enabled.  They are very bluntly refusing to provide me with information.  Which indicates they are trying to hide the true impact