All Categories

Clan quest system, awful awful update.

Search
Aug 4, 2021, 17:2208/04/21
01/15/21

So this update has gone live and already it is causing infighting in the clan as people scramble for the juicy clan quests

I dont know who decided how to implement this system but you took something with potential and made a complete and utter screw up of it

Why limit quests so severly?

And why on earth not have people who complete quests benefit the whole clan?- by that i mean when a quest is completed the whole clan should get currency

This system seems tailor made to destroy clans and cause infighting- as did cvc!, why take something that could be a great way to bond clans and trash it?

It seems devs have no idea that clans / guilds are popular in games because they work together to benefit their fellow members, instead you seem determined to make it a single player game in every way

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 4, 2021, 18:3508/04/21
09/17/20

I noticed that also it should be set-up so the whole clan gets the rewards this way it brings everyone together the way you have it set-up there will be in clan fighting and bickering

Aug 4, 2021, 18:3608/04/21
09/17/20
Audi_007

I noticed that also it should be set-up so the whole clan gets the rewards this way it brings everyone together the way you have it set-up there will be in clan fighting and bickering

Also more then 1 member should be able to do each adventure

Aug 4, 2021, 18:3708/04/21
11/16/20

Yep absolutely terrible implementation of what should have been great.

Also this new forum update is terrible as well, wtf is the back button to return to forums.

Aug 4, 2021, 21:1308/04/21
02/13/21

The clan quest update was intentionally done bad to mask the daily login reward changes.  

Seriously though, this entire update has collectively made Raid a worse game

Aug 5, 2021, 02:1008/05/21
12/01/19

This was my final straw 

Aug 5, 2021, 03:3308/05/21
03/18/20

i personally think to resolve this they should allow the whole clan to work together and share the gold not have it for individuals who took the quests, already seeing few guys jumping on 4 or 5 and others missing out altogether.

Aug 5, 2021, 06:2408/05/21
01/15/21
benpountney77

i personally think to resolve this they should allow the whole clan to work together and share the gold not have it for individuals who took the quests, already seeing few guys jumping on 4 or 5 and others missing out altogether.

I agree, we have organised things in our clan now, but its yet another idea with massive potential that has been implemented in the worst way possible.

Aug 5, 2021, 14:0708/05/21
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

I agree, we have organised things in our clan now, but its yet another idea with massive potential that has been implemented in the worst way possible.

Same here, but it really isn't that big of deal.  So some missed out on 50 or 150 gold the first week... it definitely needs major improvements but again we are complaining about free rewards for doing nothing more... 

If I get another lego book and some other stuff each month without having to spend more time playing the game that is a big win.  And yes I realize that it may take months to unlock the higher slots, but it is still free rewards without having to spend time or money.

Aug 5, 2021, 14:3708/05/21
Aug 5, 2021, 14:37(edited)
01/15/21
Trips

Same here, but it really isn't that big of deal.  So some missed out on 50 or 150 gold the first week... it definitely needs major improvements but again we are complaining about free rewards for doing nothing more... 

If I get another lego book and some other stuff each month without having to spend more time playing the game that is a big win.  And yes I realize that it may take months to unlock the higher slots, but it is still free rewards without having to spend time or money.

Thing is though- instead of clan quests being a case of 

'yeh its a bit crap, but its a bit of free stuff and no big deal'

It could have been

'oh this is good and a way to get clans working together'

Its the same with cvc, yeh its free stuff etc but its implemented in the most tedious way possible.

Aug 5, 2021, 14:4508/05/21
01/19/21

At least with CvC, the worst that can happen is that you contribute far more than others and don't really see much return for it, whereas with clan quests you're directly competing for rewards and may end up not being able to participate at all. That competition is bad enough at 90 quests when you finally hit max clan level after who knows how long, but with a baseline of 20 it's just ridiculous. For lower tier clans with newer players, it'll be even worse, partially because they may not have the ability to organize a fair distribution of the rewards, but also because it'll take them way longer to get to that 90 quest threshold.

Aug 5, 2021, 14:5208/05/21
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

Thing is though- instead of clan quests being a case of 

'yeh its a bit crap, but its a bit of free stuff and no big deal'

It could have been

'oh this is good and a way to get clans working together'

Its the same with cvc, yeh its free stuff etc but its implemented in the most tedious way possible.

CvC at least makes sense from a Plarium PoV, it clearly generates $$$ encouraging spending.  

Clan Rewards, not sure how the currnt deployment will do the same.  Opening up more quests, particularly the elite quests will be mutually beneficial:

• Less clan fighthing over too few quests
  • Access to harder quests, some only whales can probably do (more $$$ maybe)

The best thing about the initial release is there is so much room for improvement!  By 2022 (over/under) this will be considered a great success :)

Aug 5, 2021, 16:5908/05/21
05/02/14

They should let more people take the same quest, at the end of week (reset) give the reward divided between the people who do that quest. 

(sorry english is not my main lenguage)

Aug 5, 2021, 17:4308/05/21
05/03/20
Loctar

This was my final straw 

You're far from the first and definitely not the last.  I quit 2 weeks ago.  And I am a rather big whale.  Their attempt to generate more revenue is very likely to backfire.  It appears it already is.

Huge mistake...Greed and desperation are a horrible odor.  It's the smell of failure.

Aug 5, 2021, 21:0108/05/21
01/15/21
Trips

CvC at least makes sense from a Plarium PoV, it clearly generates $$$ encouraging spending.  

Clan Rewards, not sure how the currnt deployment will do the same.  Opening up more quests, particularly the elite quests will be mutually beneficial:

• Less clan fighthing over too few quests
  • Access to harder quests, some only whales can probably do (more $$$ maybe)

The best thing about the initial release is there is so much room for improvement!  By 2022 (over/under) this will be considered a great success :)

My money is on them fixing it by 2035, about the same time they implement a dupe system :)

Aug 5, 2021, 21:2908/05/21
05/03/20
Trevor Wilson

My money is on them fixing it by 2035, about the same time they implement a dupe system :)

The same time they impliment:

1) Champion selection doesn't scroll away from the champion you want to examine.

2) Notification dots don't stay around for days, no matter how many times you look at the hero.

3) They get a grip on Arena and don't have to use a page of bots to make it work.

4) They finally realize that having to build three speed teams for 3v3 is ludicrous and that the speed meta is the biggest issue in both arena.

5) Wait!  What am I thinking!  After losing 48% of their profits last year (Covid year where everyone was playing games from home) they probably won't make it to 2035.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 6, 2021, 05:0808/06/21
02/24/19

I logged on after the update first thing, and found two members were already both on their 3rd quest. That left 14 only for the other 28 people in my clan. We've worked it out, but it illustrates the problem perhaps.

I really like the idea of less gold for each quest, but that every quest reward is shared amongst every member of a clan. How do you deal with folks who just don't participate? Would you maybe do it like CvC rewards? Something like no shared clan gold for someone until they completed a quest?

Aug 6, 2021, 11:1608/06/21
02/06/21

Fixing this system isn't really that hard.

- There should be rolling quests that are replaced as they are completed. Not something that people need to wait a week for.

- Individual quest limits per week should be removed. There's already an artificial limiter in place in the form of energy and other items depending on the quest.

- Less gold per quest completion to balance it out.

- Clan Gold should be distributed amongst the clan. 25-50% to the person doing the quest, and the rest approtioned based on quests completed by clan member (so a guy who completes 1 basic quest per week gets less of a cut than someone completing 50 elite quests).

- It should be possible to drop a quest back into the pool if you can't do it. This can come at some sort of cost.

Easy enough to improve and build on that, but it would be a better starting position than what we have at the moment.

Aug 7, 2021, 16:1908/07/21
01/15/21
Metailurus

Fixing this system isn't really that hard.

- There should be rolling quests that are replaced as they are completed. Not something that people need to wait a week for.

- Individual quest limits per week should be removed. There's already an artificial limiter in place in the form of energy and other items depending on the quest.

- Less gold per quest completion to balance it out.

- Clan Gold should be distributed amongst the clan. 25-50% to the person doing the quest, and the rest approtioned based on quests completed by clan member (so a guy who completes 1 basic quest per week gets less of a cut than someone completing 50 elite quests).

- It should be possible to drop a quest back into the pool if you can't do it. This can come at some sort of cost.

Easy enough to improve and build on that, but it would be a better starting position than what we have at the moment.

All reasonable suggestions, im not sure why they chose the worst possible implementation, but i guess i should have expected it :)