All Categories

Idea to stop these stupid spammers.

Search
Jul 17, 2021, 23:1707/17/21
04/10/21

I noticed all the spammers in game discussion are spamming about gummies. Change the ban bots to ban anyone that uses "gummies" or any capital form for enternity. Non bots can make alt forum account to message mods if they accidently use gummies.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 18, 2021, 00:0807/18/21
Jul 18, 2021, 00:11(edited)
10/15/20

Bad idea. There are allready so many unjustified froum-bans. You should not increase that number even more.

Better way to deal with spammers: Find out their rl address and pay some mercenarys to kill them all. 😈

Jul 18, 2021, 00:1007/18/21
01/04/20
Skadi

Bad idea. There are allready so many unjustified froum-bans. You should not increase that number even more.

Better way to deal with spammers: Find out their rl address and pay some mercenarys to kill them all. 😈

Banned

Jul 18, 2021, 10:3407/18/21
04/05/21

More spammers alert

Jul 18, 2021, 11:4607/18/21
10/08/17
Harbby

Banned

I like how it is clearly marked  in the Forum rules

section 3

sub section 3.9

no person shall solicit the sale of goods without the consent of Plarium first

Since Moderators 'refeuse' to take down these threads  one must conclude that Plarium endorses or even gets a kick back from these ads

Guess these ads are here to stay. Although I think they are better suited to the 'Tavern' forum than game discussion

Jul 18, 2021, 12:2907/18/21
04/10/21
PriestGuardian

section 3

sub section 3.9

Since Moderators 'refeuse' to take down these threads  one must conclude that Plarium endorses or even gets a kick back from these ads

Guess these ads are here to stay. Although I think they are better suited to the 'Tavern' forum than game discussion

OMG. So this was the truth... all the ban bots, just to ban us.

Jul 18, 2021, 14:5207/18/21
10/08/17

Skadi did break the rules of the forum by what he said.....however  in his defense I personally knew he was joking and being funny not serious

I wanted to point  out that the Mods are quick to ban the playerbase for any kind of  infraction yet they 'refuse' to ban the ones whom break the forum rules I stated above (selling stuff)

The ONLY work around for those  individuals to be able to post their stuff for sale is if Plarium gave them the OK to do so first (as stated  in the rules of the Forum).

Thefore leading  me to the conclusion that the Mods are NOT allowed to remove their selling of goods posts. Which likely means Plarium is getting some  kind  of kick back

Jul 18, 2021, 18:0007/18/21
10/15/20
PriestGuardian

Skadi did break the rules of the forum by what he said.....however  in his defense I personally knew he was joking and being funny not serious

I wanted to point  out that the Mods are quick to ban the playerbase for any kind of  infraction yet they 'refuse' to ban the ones whom break the forum rules I stated above (selling stuff)

The ONLY work around for those  individuals to be able to post their stuff for sale is if Plarium gave them the OK to do so first (as stated  in the rules of the Forum).

Thefore leading  me to the conclusion that the Mods are NOT allowed to remove their selling of goods posts. Which likely means Plarium is getting some  kind  of kick back

Harbby was joking when he said "banned". I wasn't.

Jul 18, 2021, 18:1107/18/21
06/25/20
PriestGuardian

Or, more likely, is they're just not working on the weekends.

Jul 18, 2021, 20:5807/18/21
04/10/21
kramaswamy.kr

Or, more likely, is they're just not working on the weekends.

They are volunteers. They work on weekends the most.

Jul 20, 2021, 05:1107/20/21
01/04/20
PriestGuardian

section 3

sub section 3.9

We don't refuse, there just aren't many forum mods and I was working all weekend. 

OracleCommunity Manager
Jul 20, 2021, 13:3407/20/21
03/02/21

Hi, folks! Those third-party advertisements that occasionally appear on the forum have nothing to do with us and are forbidden there. As a matter of fact, we constantly remove those advertisement posts, and our moderators are fully authorized to do that as well. However, it is the persistence of those spammers that causes the most trouble. Sometimes moderators are too busy to promptly address this spam issue, but they genuinely try to do their best.

We will try to educate our spam-detection tool to be more aggressive towards this weird gummies-related spam without making the tool more aggressive to ordinary posts. 

Thank you for bringing this up!