All Categories

Help to sort out F2P Champs - can't progress further

Search
Jul 5, 2021, 14:1207/05/21
05/24/21

Hello all, I'm currently on day 43 and got to a bit of a bottleneck where I can't progress further in dungeons, faction wars or doom tower as I need better gear and sort out my champs - but can't get better gear without progressing really - a vicous circle!

I'm currently stuck on;

Spider - 12

Dragon - 15

Fire Knight - 14

Ice Golem - 14

I keep reading up on champs when I get someone new so progress that one, then find a better one so concentrate on that one but then go back to my old ones as I haven't got good enough gear or funds to level up or upgrade gear etc. I know it's a grind but I was hoping someone might be able to tell me who I should concentrate on fully and if I'm sitting on any good champs without knowing.

I'm also part of a clan but I can't even 4 key CB on Hard so a team here would be great too. 

I nearly have enough food to take someone to 6* (I was thinking Bellower) unless I should concentrate on someone like Armiger first who I only found out was good last week and probably used as food for the past 43 days! He's now nearly fully booked (using dupes not books).

https://imgur.com/a/82vwew3 

Thanks for any help! Really appreciate it!

(I've tried attaching direct screenshots but I keep getting errors files are too large or URL link says 'something went wrong')

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 5, 2021, 14:3507/05/21
12/19/19

zelotah, no books needed

Jul 5, 2021, 14:4207/05/21
05/24/21

Just  got  him  this  morning  actually  from  a  rare  shard!  Did  read  up  on  him  but  HellHades  didn't  rate  him  much,  despite  lots  of  reviews!

Jul 5, 2021, 15:1007/05/21
12/19/19
CaptnSpaulding

Just  got  him  this  morning  actually  from  a  rare  shard!  Did  read  up  on  him  but  HellHades  didn't  rate  him  much,  despite  lots  of  reviews!

Not an endgame champ outside of FW, but extremely strong support that will carry you further in dungeons (20 for dragon and golem) and Doomtower and can hold a spot on CB team for a while too.  Dragon 20 should be your next goal.

Jul 5, 2021, 15:1007/05/21
05/24/21

Awesome!  Thank  you!!

Jul 5, 2021, 15:1107/05/21
12/19/19

Grizz jarl is excellent as well

Jul 5, 2021, 16:4107/05/21
05/05/19

The main thing that would "unlock" your account are lvl60 champions. I think Sinesha, Gala or Skathix could be good options to support your existent lvl 60s

Jul 5, 2021, 17:0407/05/21
04/14/20

You've maybe done some things in the wrong order - Coldheart is great but probably shouldn't have been among your first three level 60s, because at your level of progress, she's only good on FK and Spider. For the same reason, hold off on Armiger a bit - too specialized for your progress right now, you want all-rounders early on who help in all or nearly all dungeons, or in some dungeons plus CB or arena. Sinesha, Zelotah or Grizzled Jarl, I think. 

Then High Khatun should probably be at least level 50 though perhaps not 60, Fayne will be very good for your CB team along with Jarl, Shamael and Mountain King can both be great in arena, Oboro looks intriguing but may require pretty specific circumstances to thrive. Bellower is a fast campaign farmer but that's probably not top priority now, otherwise he could be good in dungeons if you have a stun set with good stats, but early on you probably don't have that yet. 

Jul 5, 2021, 17:3007/05/21
05/24/21
Senda

The main thing that would "unlock" your account are lvl60 champions. I think Sinesha, Gala or Skathix could be good options to support your existent lvl 60s

Do  you  think  i  should  6*  them  before  bellower?  I  dont  have  a  stun  set  for  him  so  probably  wont  use  him  to  farm  yet  and  continue  to  use  Kael

Jul 5, 2021, 17:3407/05/21
05/24/21
L9753

You've maybe done some things in the wrong order - Coldheart is great but probably shouldn't have been among your first three level 60s, because at your level of progress, she's only good on FK and Spider. For the same reason, hold off on Armiger a bit - too specialized for your progress right now, you want all-rounders early on who help in all or nearly all dungeons, or in some dungeons plus CB or arena. Sinesha, Zelotah or Grizzled Jarl, I think. 

Then High Khatun should probably be at least level 50 though perhaps not 60, Fayne will be very good for your CB team along with Jarl, Shamael and Mountain King can both be great in arena, Oboro looks intriguing but may require pretty specific circumstances to thrive. Bellower is a fast campaign farmer but that's probably not top priority now, otherwise he could be good in dungeons if you have a stun set with good stats, but early on you probably don't have that yet. 

Thats  great  help,  thank  you  for  that  And  just  answered  my  previous  question  after  i  missed  your  post.

Seeing  as  i  have  food  ready,  should  i  use  them  and  perhaps  6*  Mountain  King  who  i  use  in  Arena  and  most  dungeons?  Or  i  use  Sinesha  quite  a  bit  and  nearly  fully  booked  her.  Havent  looked  into  Jarl  much  to  be  honest!

Jul 5, 2021, 20:0007/05/21
04/14/20
CaptnSpaulding

Thats  great  help,  thank  you  for  that  And  just  answered  my  previous  question  after  i  missed  your  post.

Seeing  as  i  have  food  ready,  should  i  use  them  and  perhaps  6*  Mountain  King  who  i  use  in  Arena  and  most  dungeons?  Or  i  use  Sinesha  quite  a  bit  and  nearly  fully  booked  her.  Havent  looked  into  Jarl  much  to  be  honest!

MK is great in arena, but doesn't offer too much in dungeons, what with only having big single target damage... you could put a shield set on him, which further adds to his utility, but even then you'll end up replacing him on dungeon teams by people who offer more functionality - buffs, debuffs, AOE damage etc. Speaking of which, you should be on the lookout for someone with AOE decrease defense - the 60 percent kind. The rare Warmaiden does that, she can drop from campaign chapter 9 if you're lucky. 

Sinesha as next 6* is a better move for now, I think, though certainly you'll end up taking MK up as well. 

Jul 5, 2021, 20:3507/05/21
Jul 5, 2021, 20:37(edited)
10/15/20

I think I would take Lodric as next lvl 60. He is a great support champ everywhere and especially great at Clanboss. Atk debuff on his A1, ally protection, remove debuffs (the stun from CB) and shield for the team.

You don't have a champ with big atk debuff at lvl 60 so far, and you definetly want that debuff in your CB team. Another champ with that debuff would be Fayne. I think one of them should be your next lvl 60.

You have a bunch of great champs worth lvl 60, the question is just, wich one them first. Lodric, Sinesha, Mountain King, Bellower, Fayne, just to name some of them. A lot of grinding for you in the next weeks to level up all the food champs you need.

Oh, and don't use your Metal Shaper as food. I've spotted one in your 2nd picture, 2nd row, position 3. He is not among the next champs you will invest him, but he is usefull in one special stage of the game, the Scarab King in Doom Tower. Metalshaper gives a team shield lasting 2 turns with a 2 turn cooldown (booked). Less than average everywhere else in the game, but a fantastic Scarab King killer.

Jul 5, 2021, 21:1907/05/21
05/24/21

Tha  ks  for  all  your  help  guys  -  and  regarding  Metal  Shaper,  dont  worry  i  won't.  Maybe  im  wrong  to  do  this  being  a  F2P  player,  but  i  keep  all  my  rares  upwards  and  never  use  as  food  unless  i  get  dupes  which  i  dont  want  to  use  for  skills.  Might  struggle  by  doing  this  but  id  rather  keep  them  all.  

I  do  regret  getting  rid  of  my  Spirithost  and  Warmaiden  when  i  used  them  for  fusion  but  i  wanted  to  get  my   missions  done!  

I  appreciate  all  your  help!

Jul 6, 2021, 08:0107/06/21
10/15/20
CaptnSpaulding

Tha  ks  for  all  your  help  guys  -  and  regarding  Metal  Shaper,  dont  worry  i  won't.  Maybe  im  wrong  to  do  this  being  a  F2P  player,  but  i  keep  all  my  rares  upwards  and  never  use  as  food  unless  i  get  dupes  which  i  dont  want  to  use  for  skills.  Might  struggle  by  doing  this  but  id  rather  keep  them  all.  

I  do  regret  getting  rid  of  my  Spirithost  and  Warmaiden  when  i  used  them  for  fusion  but  i  wanted  to  get  my   missions  done!  

I  appreciate  all  your  help!

You can get Spirithost and Warmaiden again from campaign. A lot of patience and energy required, but that are rares you can get for free.

In general I would not keep every rare, only the ones where you feel they could be usefull somewhere. Some of them are just trash and it's unlikely that Plarium will change rares. Sometimes they rework bad legendary and epic champs, but I don't think rares will ever get a buff. 

Jul 7, 2021, 10:5507/07/21
05/24/21

Thanks again for the help guys, much appreciated!

I actually spent the last 2 days re-gearing my champions as they were all over the place and I focused too much on sets. Realised my mistake watching one of Hell Hades' videos so I used the optimiser from his site to help guide me.

My champs haven't got as much high level gear again as I ran out of silver, but the (important) stats do look much better such as speed, crit rate and acc. My Coldheart now uses Heartseeker much more often as her speed is over 170 and my MK hits harder as his HP and crit rate/dmg is much higher. My Apothecary had ridicilous amounts of HP instead of much else so whilst he was tanky, I think it was overkill.

I'm now working on levelling up Fayne, Lodric and Jarl as per advice here so I can next focus on a CB team to get some better gear.

Just on the re-gear, I managed to take Dragon to the next stage so I'm chuffed with that! Now to save silver and 12-16 all the gear as much as possible

Jul 8, 2021, 00:0707/08/21
01/27/21

I don't know if you've been doing or trying to do the fusion at all.  If you haven't it might be too late but the fusion champ would be amazing for your account for dungeon progression.  Most of the people who think he isn't that good say that because they have other champs who do what he does.  I know I was at a somewhat similar level as you are when Yoshi was the fusion and I realized halfway through that I could have done it.  I was super prepared for Brogni (which ended up being horrendous difficult for everyone except for one or two vocal defenders) and decided to do every fusion afterwards unless I really need a break.

Jul 9, 2021, 11:1307/09/21
05/24/21
Quintinar

I don't know if you've been doing or trying to do the fusion at all.  If you haven't it might be too late but the fusion champ would be amazing for your account for dungeon progression.  Most of the people who think he isn't that good say that because they have other champs who do what he does.  I know I was at a somewhat similar level as you are when Yoshi was the fusion and I realized halfway through that I could have done it.  I was super prepared for Brogni (which ended up being horrendous difficult for everyone except for one or two vocal defenders) and decided to do every fusion afterwards unless I really need a break.

I hadn't thought of any Fusions before however I've completed Relickeeper this week and made a start on Rhazin and luckily pulled Bloodfeather from an ancient shard this morning. I have most of the others required but lacking Magus, Gnarlhorn and Slitherbrute.

Can I ask in what way you mean 'too late'? Will they be removing this Fusion? As I'm playing (mostly) F2P (I've purchased the odd ancient shard or mini packs) I don't expect any Legendaries any time soon so if this Fusion is ongoing I will continue to work for him. IF they remove it in a month then I might be wasting my time!

On another note, I pulled Vrask and Frozen Banshee today also from the 2x Ancient event. I read that FB is great in a CB however I don't know how to work her with my champs. Would I replace Kael with her? I do also have Gravechill Killer which I think goes with FB so maybe I should level her up too? I'm yet to get Maneater so haven't got a way to make an 'unkillable' team.

Jul 9, 2021, 11:3607/09/21
10/15/20
CaptnSpaulding

I hadn't thought of any Fusions before however I've completed Relickeeper this week and made a start on Rhazin and luckily pulled Bloodfeather from an ancient shard this morning. I have most of the others required but lacking Magus, Gnarlhorn and Slitherbrute.

Can I ask in what way you mean 'too late'? Will they be removing this Fusion? As I'm playing (mostly) F2P (I've purchased the odd ancient shard or mini packs) I don't expect any Legendaries any time soon so if this Fusion is ongoing I will continue to work for him. IF they remove it in a month then I might be wasting my time!

On another note, I pulled Vrask and Frozen Banshee today also from the 2x Ancient event. I read that FB is great in a CB however I don't know how to work her with my champs. Would I replace Kael with her? I do also have Gravechill Killer which I think goes with FB so maybe I should level her up too? I'm yet to get Maneater so haven't got a way to make an 'unkillable' team.

1. There are permanent fusions: Broadmaw, Relickeeper, and Rhazin. The Relickeeper and Broadmaw fusion can be repeated as often as you want to.

Rhazin can only be fused once, the fusion will vanish after that. You can not fuse any of the epics included from the rares as well after you fused Rhazin. But until you've done the Rahzin fusion once, it's permament.

The actual shard event for Versulf is only aviable limited time. If you allready missed to much shards, it's to late, to get all of them. You will be stuck at something like 60/100 shards.

2. FB is great for Clanboss and Dragon. She needs a lot of accuracy to land her debuffs. You can ignore her attack, she will never hit hard with her raw damage. Her job is to land poisons and sensitivity. 

I don't think you should invest in Gravechill anymore. Gravechill brings additional poison and def debuff. Fayne can do the same job better, and you allready have so many great champs that are worth lvl 60. Concentrate on the best of them.

Jul 9, 2021, 12:3907/09/21
05/24/21
Skadi

1. There are permanent fusions: Broadmaw, Relickeeper, and Rhazin. The Relickeeper and Broadmaw fusion can be repeated as often as you want to.

Rhazin can only be fused once, the fusion will vanish after that. You can not fuse any of the epics included from the rares as well after you fused Rhazin. But until you've done the Rahzin fusion once, it's permament.

The actual shard event for Versulf is only aviable limited time. If you allready missed to much shards, it's to late, to get all of them. You will be stuck at something like 60/100 shards.

2. FB is great for Clanboss and Dragon. She needs a lot of accuracy to land her debuffs. You can ignore her attack, she will never hit hard with her raw damage. Her job is to land poisons and sensitivity. 

I don't think you should invest in Gravechill anymore. Gravechill brings additional poison and def debuff. Fayne can do the same job better, and you allready have so many great champs that are worth lvl 60. Concentrate on the best of them.

Thank you Skadi, really helpful!

Nah I will never complete Versulf in time, I only have 25 fragments so far and I can't get to higher levels in Tournaments/Events to collect more as I'm not powerful enough yet. But it's great news about Rhazin who I'm aiming for and will keep me busy.

I'll take your advice with GK and leave her and concentrate on FB and I've got Fayne to 40 ready to 5*. Would love a Maneater or work out how to keep Fayne, FB alive as Apothecary alone isn't enough. Maybe Lodric  would help if I book him for shields so Apothecary has more time. And use MK as my tank as he has a load of HP- I think that's what I need anyway!?

Jul 9, 2021, 14:0707/09/21
12/19/19

zelotah doesn't need books...