All Categories

Clan v.s Clan matchmaking is highly unbalanced. When will this be fixed?

Search
Jun 29, 2021, 14:1706/29/21
01/29/21

Long story short this is the 2nd or 3rd clan war where the enemy clan that my clan is against is all 20 levels higher than our members so they are a lot further along in the game and can rack up points alot easier. This Creates alot of frustration as you feel like you're set up for failure due to poor matchmaking. My clan members are around 40-50's and we go against people 60-70+

I just want some opinions on how we could fix this because i know i'm not the only clan having to go against this....

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 29, 2021, 16:2706/29/21
Jun 29, 2021, 16:27(edited)
03/30/19

Yes, unfortunately it is very unbalanced. 4 out of 5 clan wars my rank 250 clan was vs rank 100 clan. At those numbers the difference between the clans is far too great. 

The matchmaking is unfair and needs to be fixed. My friend's clan (rank 100) keeps getting clans that are rank 600+. It's absurd how you can get completely shafted by the matchmaking RNG consistently , while you can also profit from it. The system would be more fair if it was completely 100% random than this joke we have right now. 

Jun 29, 2021, 16:3706/29/21
12/19/19

We got matched with a Bot clan, easy victory!!!!!!

Jun 29, 2021, 18:1506/29/21
01/15/21

We won our first three, but our opponents last time crucified us and this time our opponents are on 3 million already...

Jun 29, 2021, 19:3706/29/21
11/29/20

We don't even bother.  Focused on the fusion instead.

Jun 30, 2021, 00:0206/30/21
04/10/21
chris

We don't even bother.  Focused on the fusion instead.

I'm too low levell for fusion, but cvc=free rescources for me!(I get 1000 then sit back and relax lol. To be fair, I can't do too much, and most of the clan is inactive.

Apr 26, 2022, 22:0504/26/22
01/29/21

Just thought i'd add more examples of how unbalanced clan war is.

My 18 Million power Clan v.s a 70 Million power Clan. Seems winnable.....

My Clan:

i

Enemy Clan: 

i

I Just don't see how were supposed to compete when the competition is between a tortise and a cheetah. 

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 26, 2022, 22:3604/26/22
02/24/19

I hear you guys that things could be improved, but just to play some Devil's Advocate here:

You are matched against the clan who scored the closest number of points to you in the last CvC. This seems like it SHOULD create equal matchups., and mostly does.....yet it doesn't always do so. Some clans take off every other CvC. Some clans go extra hard on a particular CvC, then you get matched against someone super tough and get crushed.

Either way I hope it helps knowing that you get matched against your "equal" from two weeks before. Perhaps it will help you plan.  As a predominantly Free2Play clan, I know that I plan with the Deputies about what scores we are looking for to remain in a competitive Tier 5, rather than getting crushed in Tier 6 by Pay2Win players.

I believe we are going for our 21st CvC win this time around, but that is about planning, and then, once we are matched, looking at the CvCs where we were obviously outmatched and taking that one easy, and just scoring enough to collect the point total rewards. The accessories are just a couple pieces of gear, and the trophy doesn't affect gameplay at all. It's a pixel thing on your nameplate. :D

So...knowing that CvC ostensibly matches you against the clan that scored the closest to you in points last CvC, what suggestions would you have me pass onto Plarium about how to further balance matchmaking?

Apr 26, 2022, 22:4104/26/22
06/25/20

I think the easiest suggestion would simply be to use a moving average instead of just taking the last stats. Take, say, the average of the previous four CvC points achieved, perhaps with an extra factor that drops some of those previous four from the average if they are significant outliers to the others.

Apr 28, 2022, 03:4404/28/22
11/29/20

i think most clans do bare min in non-cvc weeks to a) save resources and b) get a better matchup during PR's.  With two PR's in a row, good chance that clan was burned out and laid off last tourney, or whoever they were up against pulled out to an early lead and they decided not to push.  Either way, you're facing a clan that didn't try at all last tourney while your clan probably pushed hard to get a win during PR's.

I think krama is on the mark, need to do a rolling average of like the last 4 cvc's instead of just where you finished in the previous one, especially when you get outside of the top 100 clans.

Apr 28, 2022, 11:4904/28/22

Really, better before personal reward do it low points for weaker enemies ? But if my clan try to reach higher and higher point next the enemies just harder and stronger ? LOL

Good to know 

Apr 29, 2022, 00:5904/29/22
01/29/21
harleQuinn

I hear you guys that things could be improved, but just to play some Devil's Advocate here:

You are matched against the clan who scored the closest number of points to you in the last CvC. This seems like it SHOULD create equal matchups., and mostly does.....yet it doesn't always do so. Some clans take off every other CvC. Some clans go extra hard on a particular CvC, then you get matched against someone super tough and get crushed.

Either way I hope it helps knowing that you get matched against your "equal" from two weeks before. Perhaps it will help you plan.  As a predominantly Free2Play clan, I know that I plan with the Deputies about what scores we are looking for to remain in a competitive Tier 5, rather than getting crushed in Tier 6 by Pay2Win players.

I believe we are going for our 21st CvC win this time around, but that is about planning, and then, once we are matched, looking at the CvCs where we were obviously outmatched and taking that one easy, and just scoring enough to collect the point total rewards. The accessories are just a couple pieces of gear, and the trophy doesn't affect gameplay at all. It's a pixel thing on your nameplate. :D

So...knowing that CvC ostensibly matches you against the clan that scored the closest to you in points last CvC, what suggestions would you have me pass onto Plarium about how to further balance matchmaking?

This helps a ton as far as useful information the game doesn't tell you, Thank you 😀

Apr 29, 2022, 01:0104/29/22
01/29/21
chris

i think most clans do bare min in non-cvc weeks to a) save resources and b) get a better matchup during PR's.  With two PR's in a row, good chance that clan was burned out and laid off last tourney, or whoever they were up against pulled out to an early lead and they decided not to push.  Either way, you're facing a clan that didn't try at all last tourney while your clan probably pushed hard to get a win during PR's.

I think krama is on the mark, need to do a rolling average of like the last 4 cvc's instead of just where you finished in the previous one, especially when you get outside of the top 100 clans.

This helps a ton as well thank u. It makes more sense now as to why its designed the way it is

Mar 14, 2023, 18:3303/14/23
09/18/21

right now on alt account im in clan that 6 members do CB and is very new. first cvc we face a team that is 2x higher in lvl and 6x higher in cvc wins they are destroying us of course. its 30 vrs 22 how does raid think this will make game fun why even bother saving for cvc when its so unbalanced. but hey there is alot more wrong with this game than just cvc like how only whales now can complete frags and fusions while low lvl and new accounts and f2p get to stay in same place with no help to get stronger while whales just keep getting stronger with champs they really dont need. who needs the frags and fusion more hmmmm. if you dont pay to play to complete summons events in this new age raid you dont get the champs that could help you move along in game. i just came back 2 months ago after long break and it sucks how they made fusions and frag events impossable for any one but whales, it was not like this long ago. Plarium just keeps catering to the whales and it will only get worse

Mar 14, 2023, 19:3203/14/23
09/02/22

"right now on alt account im in clan that 6 members do CB and is very new. first cvc we face a team that is 2x higher in lvl and 6x higher in cvc wins they are destroying us of course. its 30 vrs 22 how does raid think this will make game fun why even bother saving for cvc when its so unbalanced."  

So a few questions: 

Did your clan discuss the upcoming CvC? For instance, my clan normally starts reminding members a week in advance that there is an upcoming CvC w/ personal rewards and to save resources if they want to participate. We post links to articles in discord about the best way to gain points, what stages of dungeons give the best energy / point ratio, tips on using the Forge to generate points and silver, etc. 

What was your Clan's strategy / plan for how you were going to "attack" the CvC? We normally run one of 2 strategies. If the clan comes out strong and jumps ahead by 200K points early, we cut our losses and just do enough to get the full Clan Rewards. If the clan comes out weak, we go hard and attempt to get enough of a lead that they just give up. Very rarely have I seen a "close" CvC. It is normally a stomp one way or
the other. 

How long did your Clan save resources prior to the CvC?  

Do you think a Clan that only has 6 participating members deserves to win? 

What is your suggestion for how Plarium can make this more "fair"?