All Categories

How to improve arena Part 1

Search
Jun 16, 2021, 17:0706/16/21
04/05/21

Greetings!

Hello Mods and Players alike, thank you for clicking on this post to read my post. I will be discussing arena and how it can be improved.

STEP 1- Tiers

I think that there should be multiple added Tiers:

Bronze:

Bronze should be for the noobs of Raid: this means the first 2 weeks. It should be littered full of bots and should be easy to progress through.

Silver:

It should be harder then bronze, but still full of early game teams: (classification; early game means 1 6*)

Gold

This should be where the real competition begins. Teams here have up to 80k power (in G4) and is where midgame players start to compete.

Platinum:

This is where the normal elite go. Any team with over 10 champs over 25k power will automatically be pushed up from Gold up to Platinum, so they don't ruin the game for others.

Titanium

This is where the elite of the elite go. The requirements are to already have over 1 mil player power.

Emerald

To make it to Emerald, you need to have the Arbiter and have hit 20 mil damage on Nightmare CB

Diamond

This stage has only one stage and there can only be 100 people in the Diamond League. You have to have completed FW to make it in here.

(Part || will be out in the next couple of days and it will be discussing matchmaking as well as the new Great hall)

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 16, 2021, 17:4806/16/21
05/03/20

I really like the addition of more tiers.  What I don't agree on is the automatic push to platinum for teams over 90k.  It's very easy to have over 90k and not have a very viable team.  You can easily exceed that mark with two high HP champs.

Jun 16, 2021, 17:5606/16/21
04/05/21
kumacho

I really like the addition of more tiers.  What I don't agree on is the automatic push to platinum for teams over 90k.  It's very easy to have over 90k and not have a very viable team.  You can easily exceed that mark with two high HP champs.

Ok :)

Jun 16, 2021, 18:5106/16/21
02/29/20

Arena  requirements  shouldn't,  never  have,  and  never  will  be  tied  to  other  areas  of  progression.  That  is  also  a  crazy  amount  of  tiers  and  might  stretch  the  player-base  too  much.

The  requirements  aren't  really  logical  at  all  too.  How  far  are  you  into  the  game?  A  team  of  80k  Power  is  not  elite,  and  ten  champions  over  25k  Power  is  just  so  minimal.

The  "elite  of  the  elite"  would  be  much  more  than  a  1,000,000  Power.

And  for  Silver  and  Bronze,  you  should  be  facing  against  real  teams.  To  beat  real  teams,  you  have  to  actually  have  some  skill.  Early  Game  players  shouldn't  be  in  Silver,  and  if  they  are  in  Silver,  it  would  be  pitiful  for  them  to  have  only  1  6-Star.

Jun 16, 2021, 18:5806/16/21
04/05/21
[V]Destroyer39

Arena  requirements  shouldn't,  never  have,  and  never  will  be  tied  to  other  areas  of  progression.  That  is  also  a  crazy  amount  of  tiers  and  might  stretch  the  player-base  too  much.

The  requirements  aren't  really  logical  at  all  too.  How  far  are  you  into  the  game?  A  team  of  80k  Power  is  not  elite,  and  ten  champions  over  25k  Power  is  just  so  minimal.

The  "elite  of  the  elite"  would  be  much  more  than  a  1,000,000  Power.

And  for  Silver  and  Bronze,  you  should  be  facing  against  real  teams.  To  beat  real  teams,  you  have  to  actually  have  some  skill.  Early  Game  players  shouldn't  be  in  Silver,  and  if  they  are  in  Silver,  it  would  be  pitiful  for  them  to  have  only  1  6-Star.

You say that early game players shouldn't be in silver; that is exactly why there are so many tiers. Silver will be the new bronze 3! That is my point! Gold will be the new Silver 2, Platinum Gold 3, Titanium Gold 4/Platinum, Emerald top Platinum ranks, and Diamond the best of the best. Yes, I admit I am a noob and would probably fall into the Silver category, but aren't we noobs allowed to voice our opinions too? Have a great one!

Peace

Jun 18, 2021, 08:4206/18/21
05/13/19

I  don't  mind  a  beginner voicing  out  their  opinion.

You  are  more  than  welcome  to  do  so.

It  is  nice  seeing  other  people's perspectives.

The  only  problem  I  have  with  your  post  is  a  few  of  the  things  you  said  seem  off.

The  scaling  of  your  argument  doesn't match  with  the  current  games  scaling.

Jun 18, 2021, 11:2906/18/21
06/22/19

To the OP, if I understand this correctly, you were suggesting a complete rework in arena ranking.  With these, even I don't play in arena I can be promoted to higher tiers. Like for example your "Platinum" tier, I will automatically be in this Category once I have 10 champions with 25k+ power.

And also, let us say I am in Gold, it does not matter how much points I gain or battles I win, I will still remain in Gold until I met the requirements of the higher tier? 

Honestly for me, it is not bad, it is better for early game players, I think. But arena will become more boring than right now. And some may regret progressing so fast in pve and building a lot of champions that they are not ready for higher tiers in arena.

Jun 19, 2021, 10:5206/19/21
10/15/20

The worst thing in the arena before the bo..., well, the low level accounts occured, was the matchmaking according to player power. You where punished for building faction war teams.

Your suggestion, Razznik, will even enhance this problem. In your arena, you are pushed in higher tiers automatically for having over 10 champs over 25k power. Your arena suggestion is very bad, it brings the same problem we had back in an even worse scenario. Accounts with literally 0 good arena champs have to fight in your Platinum (something like actual silver) just if they build decent dungeon teams. No! The things you suggest are not the solution for arena, they are the problem.

Jun 19, 2021, 12:5406/19/21
Jun 19, 2021, 12:56(edited)
04/12/21

The last thing we need is more junk on the screens, it is bad enough, IMO. Always squeezing another icon or button or ability on the screen,,,,I do not like it.  Other Plarium games went the same way, just packed with stuff it took you 15 minutes just to log in and see what was going on at that moment.

I have no idea where I would fit into this scheme, I have no L60's. But right now I can't say the arena is wonderful but I am in Gold 3, almost Gold 4 if I get a few good rolls. In Gold 3 I have a shot at getting up in the GH somewhat, but G4 would be better if I could stay there. My arena guys are about 57k, you all can laff but what I can do is keep free refreshing and picking enough targets carefully.  But in CB I am still weak, still doing easy and normal CB. I still have a hard time rolling 20 turns.  Doom Tower I am useless without L60s.  

All you big shots just want to rearrange the game to suit yourselves and don't have a clue how to accommodate the full spectrum of players with all your arbitrary yardsticks.

The odds (hate to use the word) of Plarium being able to implement all this are really quite infinitesimal.

Jun 19, 2021, 22:5406/19/21
Jun 19, 2021, 22:56(edited)
02/29/20

Razznik,  I'm  not  trying  to  make  fun  of  your  suggestions.  I'm  just  saying  that  the  scaling  of  the  tiers  versus  the  maximum  level  of  potential  that  players  can  reach  even  in  mid-late  game  is  off.

And  how  are  we  rearranging  the  game  to  fit  ourselves?  We  want  the  game  to  be  fair.  horsemen,  you  are  currently  in  the  third  best  Arena  tier  in  the  game  while  still  in  easy/normal  clan  boss.  Do  you  feel  like  you  belong?

The  game  shouldn't  be  cake  and  pie  and  cookies.  It  should  be  challenging.  How  is  it  enjoyable  to  you  knowing  you  standing  alongside  veterans  who  have  been  playing  for  over  2  years,  with  little  to  no  effort?  Do  you  think  they  belong  in  the  same  tier  as  you.

All  in  all,  I  don't  want  the  Arena  to  be  a  paywall.  I  just  don't  want  it  to  be  so  unbalanced.  It  should  require  some  effort  to  participate  in,  knowing  that  you  are  facing  against  REAL  people  with  REAL  minds,  supposedly.  I  want  to  see  others  perspectives,  because  I  know  I  am  not  always  right.  Everyone  always  has  things  they  need  to  learn.

Jun 19, 2021, 22:5806/19/21
05/04/21

So, here is my vision about how should arena works.

Asuming a total reset with all people starting with 0 points.

1)Tiers: 10 divisions, Top3 this way:

T1 (5000+ points)            = Top 200 players

T2 (4600 to 4999 points)     = 201 to 500

T3 (3500 to 4599 points)     = 501 to 1000

T4 to T10 (points to decide, with or without subdivisions) = depends on amount of players.

2) For make this dynamic and competitive, there must be an inactive penalty sistem. After 24hours of inactivity in arena, u will be marked as "inactive" u will start losing point dialy, more the high u are and more each day long (1st day -10, 2dn -15, 3rd -30 or something balanced). The higher u are, higher will be the points taken. Simultaniusly u wont be counted in the ranks so your place will be taken by an active player. Besides, you wont be listed in other players list so your defensive team wont be considered. This prevent your defense team appair in low elo matchmakings if u were in T2 and for inactivity u are now in T7 (for example).

3)Matchmaking... the hard one... This is complicated indeed, but there are some key about this.

Theoricaly, there will be people in each Tier, according their winrate, and points earned. We must supose that in low tiers is people with a low winrate or a few matches (because u need win points to scale here). Eventually will appair inactives from higer elo, wich ones descend and are now active again, big teams for a low elo. The solution here is a really simple filter. If i enter to arena and refresh my matchmaking list, the system must take 10 random players according to: Same Tier > Same Points > Same Activity > Same WinRate.

Same Activity is a good one because the more i play arena, the matchmaking will be more challenger, because ill have encounters with people in my same status, an interesting bath of blood the last day of the week... this is PVP about.

This must be totally independent from account status or power. Even arena team power isnt a realstic parameter to take.

4)Points earned. Here is no problem at all. According the matchmaking, the system will try to make challengers (but not imposibles) winable encounters. So to prevent farming medals team (people that put weak defensive teams to descend to farm medals in lower elo) we must to apply this: You will recive significantly more points and less medals if u are under your elo, this way you will scale fast to your real Tier wasting coins for nothing. The same apply for inactive people than join arena again, they will have an easy way top again, but almost no rewards in the process. 

5) Defensive teams. As i said, weak defensive teams for allow farming will be a bad idea for players so encounters will be always a challenge. Even here we can put some Tier reward for "invictus" or "hardest" defensive team of the week, another incentive for players to make defensive teams harder to beat.

Here we can add to an option that allow a player to give the hit back to the attacker (with some restriction preventing the loop here of course). Arguable option, but can be fun, "hey u... give me my points back".

This is just an idea about how make arena more attractive, competitive and funny for all. No matters if has a lvl 1 account or 10 millon points. Just the correct champions with the correct stats will make the same difference for a F2P than for a P2W, at least in the middle/low Tiers.

GH and Ariber Arena´s missions should be reworked of course, according this new arena system.

Jun 20, 2021, 07:3206/20/21
10/15/20
You will recive significantly more points and less medals if u are under
your elo, this way you will scale fast to your real Tier wasting coins
for nothing. 

How is this supposed to work? If your defensive team is beaten up, you lose elo points (at least in actual arena). It's impossible to be under your elo. Or should only fights where you are the attacker contribute to the elo rating?

Jun 20, 2021, 15:5006/20/21
05/04/21
Skadi
You will recive significantly more points and less medals if u are under
your elo, this way you will scale fast to your real Tier wasting coins
for nothing. 

How is this supposed to work? If your defensive team is beaten up, you lose elo points (at least in actual arena). It's impossible to be under your elo. Or should only fights where you are the attacker contribute to the elo rating?

There is no sense in your comment, or at least i dont understand your point:

"How is this supposed to work? If your defensive team is beaten up, you lose elo points"

"It's impossible to be under your elo "

If your defensive team is beaten up, u ll lose points and if u dont start winning fights attaking / defending... u ll eventually go down in Tier.

If u are inactive, u wont be listed so you ll continue losing points without fighting.

Anyway, when u sit to play, you ll be in a Tier under your regular one (calculated according your winrate/previous top Tier reached/Others). So in this point, you should win easily becouse u are under your potential power, and here u ll recive more (maybe double?) points for each victory and lose less if u lose a match. But u wont recive any medal here (or a minimun) until you reach again your real Tier.

Jun 21, 2021, 07:3106/21/21
Jun 21, 2021, 07:38(edited)
01/15/21

My own feeling is that player power should never be a factor in matchmaking, sorry

I think it is an awful metric to use and that the only factor used should be ranking.

Having said that, i do think there should be more tiers (4 above plat) and that at reset excess points should not be removed for anyone under plat.

A combination of extending the tiers and removing the deflationary measures would probably fix the main issues we had before the .....'low level accounts from a different segment were added'

I do kind of understand where some of the older players are coming from, i will get arbiter tomorrow, and ive pushed past 300 speed etc... but right now i could be in gold 4 even if i didnt have a full team of level 60's so it makes me wonder why i am bothering to improve my team.

However before the bots...oops 'low level accounts from a different segment' were added, it was ridiculous that in bronze and silver you could have entire pages of arbiter led opponents. Also it would be pretty hypocritical of me to change my stance the day i get my arbiter!!