All Categories

Do you ever look at your account and just... Facepalm?

Search
Jun 14, 2021, 14:2206/14/21
10/25/20

So. I started Raid back in December last year.

I just got Tanix from login rewards. 

I thought I was going well for progression. Until I started looking things up after I hit the inevitable F2P brick wall. Turns out, been doing it wrong all along. Now I have the daunting task of trying to salvage my account so that I can get past where I'm stuck. [Which is just about everywhere, by the way]

The artifacts are pretty 'meh' level. But I do have, 6-star, fully ascended, and masteries done and dusted for Scyl, Sethallia, Suzerain Katonn, Shaman, Dark Elhain and Elhain. And fully booked on the last 3 there, because I'm a nhub and maxed my starter. Before realizing I picked the wrong one for progression.  

But my real question today is: Does anyone have any pointers in overcomming bariers on Dungeons and/or Campaign?

I know I need better artifacts with better or the right stats. But as the recent Fire Knight tournament showed me. The gear one gets fron stage 8 and 9 is not good enough to progress with the team I have.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 14, 2021, 14:3706/14/21
12/19/19

If you are stuck on Stage 8 or 9 your artifacts are well below 'meh' level.  Maxing Elhain is a small blip in progress, just leave her as a your dedicate 12.3 brutal farmer.  Maxing shaman was a big mistake... lol... but oh well we all 6star eventual vault guardians mistakenly.  The positive is you have 3 fabulous legendaries in Scyl, Sethalia (booked?), Suzerain.  My recommendation would be to focus on Dragon 20 as a goal.  You need gear.  You also will need some new 6star champs, a screenshot of your roster would help.  So farm 12.3 when you have 2xp running, otherwise work on dragon. 

Jun 14, 2021, 14:4906/14/21
10/25/20
Trips

If you are stuck on Stage 8 or 9 your artifacts are well below 'meh' level.  Maxing Elhain is a small blip in progress, just leave her as a your dedicate 12.3 brutal farmer.  Maxing shaman was a big mistake... lol... but oh well we all 6star eventual vault guardians mistakenly.  The positive is you have 3 fabulous legendaries in Scyl, Sethalia (booked?), Suzerain.  My recommendation would be to focus on Dragon 20 as a goal.  You need gear.  You also will need some new 6star champs, a screenshot of your roster would help.  So farm 12.3 when you have 2xp running, otherwise work on dragon. 

Not fully booked. I threw a couple at her and a couple at Suzerain. Eventually I'll get the books for all 3. But it's a slow-go. 

Scyl is probably my strongest overall champion, followed closely by Suzerain. He can solo 12-3 brutal in about 20 seconds. Scyl takes about a minute per run because of the lack of AoE comparatively.

I can consistently clear only as far as stage 16 on dragon right now. I fluke won 17 and 18. 

My roster is pretty sad. Like I said. Made lots of mistakes because I didn't research first. 

i

Jun 14, 2021, 15:0306/14/21
06/25/20

Your lineup is fine. You have solid campaign and dungeon farmers.

The big thing you're missing is a CB team. Your champs are really quite bad for CB. You are basically missing all of the pieces.

I don't know if you have other champs in your storage that you're not showing, but priority number one should be building up a CB team that can clear at least hard, hopefully brutal.

Jun 14, 2021, 15:2006/14/21
11/16/20

What is in your vault op? There is no way that is all the champs you have seven months in. As others said start farming the highest level dragon dungeon you can for speed and lifesteal gear. Try to piece together a clan boss team, you want  champs that can bring defense down, attack down, and poisons for it. 

Jun 14, 2021, 15:2406/14/21
12/19/19
evilized6666

What is in your vault op? There is no way that is all the champs you have seven months in. As others said start farming the highest level dragon dungeon you can for speed and lifesteal gear. Try to piece together a clan boss team, you want  champs that can bring defense down, attack down, and poisons for it. 

I fear the vault is empty, and lots of gourmet meals were had by the survivors 

Jun 14, 2021, 15:5306/14/21
06/25/20
Trips

Another victim of the "keep your player power low" story :/

Jun 14, 2021, 16:0206/14/21
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Another victim of the "keep your player power low" story :/

Many warned that it was not a good idea... few listened .... lol

Jun 14, 2021, 16:0306/14/21
10/25/20
Trips

That it is.

Like I said. Dumb nhub was dumb. u__u¿

But I appreciate the pointers. I do have a fair amount of decent life steal.

What champions should I keep an eye out for as far as CB teams go? 

Jun 14, 2021, 16:1206/14/21
06/25/20

By far the biggest gain for you right now would be Frozen Banshee. She's far and away the best rare champ for CB, and many teams use her all the way through UNM.

Other things to keep an eye out for are champs with the following abilities, in order of priority:

• Ally-Attack / Counter-Attack
  • Leech
  • DEF up
  • ATK down
  • Block Debuffs / Cleanse Debuffs
  • DEF down
  • Weaken

Easily the most important on that list are the top two. AA / CA are huge contributors to overall damage, and Leech lets you avoid needing to run your entire team in lifesteal gear. DEF up and ATK down are critical to surviving later turns on CB, Block / Cleanse debuff is very important to being able to deal with the stun not messing up your turn orders. DEF down and Weaken are the lowest priority because all they do is increase your overall damage output, and, especially early on, most of your damage will come from poison.

One other thing to mention - ALL of your champs need to be running either Warmaster or Giantslayer. This is non-negociable - WM/GS are the single biggest contributors to overall damage for most champ, and, more importantly, coupled with Leech allow you to keep your team alive without needing a dedicated healer.

Jun 14, 2021, 16:5206/14/21
02/29/20

Attack  down  is  the  number  one  priority  for  Clan  Boss,  even  above  Poison.  You're  not  going  to  make  it  far  without  it.

Also,  your  champions  are  crazy  slow.  Every  champion  in  your  account  at  this  point  should  have  speed  boots.  Also  make  sure  you  are  not  using  ATK,  HP,  or  DEF  chests  and  ATK,  HP,  DEF,  and  ATK%  gloves.

Jun 14, 2021, 18:0506/14/21
01/15/21

Despite having a small roster you have enough to make dungeon teams 

For spider, get your miscreated monster to 60, he is a beast in spider due to his shields, zephyr sniper looks ok for spider too though i have never used her, perhaps spam shard pulls to get yourself an armiger.

Dark elhain is good in ice golem so keep her whatever you do.

Your scyl is too slow, has low accuracy and has poor hp/defence... i know it can be a mare getting gear, but use the forge more, perception gear is good! and resilience gear is ok too

For nuke champs, swift parry can be good too.

For clan boss-

Look for an attack down champ, then a defence down champ- if everyone is in lifesteal you can get away without continuous heal - but lifesteal is best if you have warmaster/giant slayer

Ally attack champs work very well (or counter attack champs)...not only do you do extra damage but if your attack down champ has attack down on his a1 he gets extra chances to renew it.

Oh and dont stress over past mistakes- i ate my high khatun at 35 days, and was very lucky to get from a shard, and i ate my justicar which cost me thousands of energy when i had to re-fuse him, we all make errors.

I also posted here for advice 120 days in asking for advice on how to gear zavia, i had 10 million hitpoints, no crit rate and a million crit damage ...and no speed boots :) ...

So definitely recoverable and definitely we all make errors.

Jun 14, 2021, 20:5006/14/21
02/13/21
OverdriveSyn

Not fully booked. I threw a couple at her and a couple at Suzerain. Eventually I'll get the books for all 3. But it's a slow-go. 

Scyl is probably my strongest overall champion, followed closely by Suzerain. He can solo 12-3 brutal in about 20 seconds. Scyl takes about a minute per run because of the lack of AoE comparatively.

I can consistently clear only as far as stage 16 on dragon right now. I fluke won 17 and 18. 

My roster is pretty sad. Like I said. Made lots of mistakes because I didn't research first. 

i

Your Scyl seems to be very slow.  It looks like she doesn't have speed boots?  Every champion should have speed boots unless they are are a specific build of some sorts

Jun 14, 2021, 21:2406/14/21
06/22/19

I feel like your account is the result of "feeding all champions to have low player power, to have easier matches in arena"

Anyway

Since you already have decent champions that were build and you already have decent campaign farmer, your account is not in horrible position to get better. 

If you are free to play, you can probably use Scyl, Sethalia, Dark Elhain plus 1 or 2 food, to run a dungeon to farm gear and level food at the same time. 

Jun 14, 2021, 21:4606/14/21
Jun 14, 2021, 21:48(edited)
10/25/20
JoinME

I feel like your account is the result of "feeding all champions to have low player power, to have easier matches in arena"

Anyway

Since you already have decent champions that were build and you already have decent campaign farmer, your account is not in horrible position to get better. 

If you are free to play, you can probably use Scyl, Sethalia, Dark Elhain plus 1 or 2 food, to run a dungeon to farm gear and level food at the same time. 

Didn't do it on purpose. 

Fell into the trap of 'gotta max my starter' so I can be strong.

Not knowing that the starters are for the most part, terrible later on.

And trust me. Sitting between silver 4 and gold 2, there is nothing easy about my matchups. u__u

Jun 14, 2021, 22:0506/14/21
06/25/20

Leveling your starter is definitely not a mistake. Don't worry too much about the lack of usability later - they got you to where you are now.

Jun 14, 2021, 22:3106/14/21
02/29/20

Yes-  you  level  your  starter.  That  doesn't  mean  sacrifice  every  champion  in  the  way  to  get  there.

Jun 14, 2021, 23:2106/14/21
11/16/20
OverdriveSyn

Didn't do it on purpose. 

Fell into the trap of 'gotta max my starter' so I can be strong.

Not knowing that the starters are for the most part, terrible later on.

And trust me. Sitting between silver 4 and gold 2, there is nothing easy about my matchups. u__u

Maxing out a starter really isn't bad. I maxed elhain and kael, but I have 26 fully geared and ascended level 60s and 133 champions sitting in my vault for a rainy day. I also just got tainix 2 or 3 days ago, so we have been playing about the same time. Which is why I'm amazed you have such a empty roster.

If I were you I would start saving champions and piece together what I could. Only pull shards on 2x weekends or maybe a 10x if it is someone you really need. Also go crazy with mystery shards you should have a lot of those? I usually have around 600-1k at anytime, pull them all and I'm sure you can get a few decent rares that can help your account.

Start hitting CB today. You should be able to do hard at least and get max chest each day.

As others pointed out it looks like none of your champs have speed boots, at this point you should just farm 5 star ones from campaign to get going and replace them as you get better from dungeons.

Jun 15, 2021, 00:4606/15/21
10/25/20
evilized6666

Maxing out a starter really isn't bad. I maxed elhain and kael, but I have 26 fully geared and ascended level 60s and 133 champions sitting in my vault for a rainy day. I also just got tainix 2 or 3 days ago, so we have been playing about the same time. Which is why I'm amazed you have such a empty roster.

If I were you I would start saving champions and piece together what I could. Only pull shards on 2x weekends or maybe a 10x if it is someone you really need. Also go crazy with mystery shards you should have a lot of those? I usually have around 600-1k at anytime, pull them all and I'm sure you can get a few decent rares that can help your account.

Start hitting CB today. You should be able to do hard at least and get max chest each day.

As others pointed out it looks like none of your champs have speed boots, at this point you should just farm 5 star ones from campaign to get going and replace them as you get better from dungeons.

I'm sitting on about 400 mystery shards, just did a food push last week with them, used about 600.

I hit my CBs daily, My clan being fairly new and mostly lower powered people, we can only kill Easy and get Normal to about half right now.

Some of them do. unfortunately, not the 2 most important members of my team in Scyl and Suzerain. He's in Attack% right now, and she's in Defense%. Because I can't seem to find better Speed Lifesteal with the right substats. And I don't have the resources to craft perception boots at the moment to try and shuffle artifact sets.

Jun 15, 2021, 00:4906/15/21
10/25/20
[V]Destroyer39

Yes-  you  level  your  starter.  That  doesn't  mean  sacrifice  every  champion  in  the  way  to  get  there.

If I had a time machine. I'd definitely go back and stop myself. :D

Jun 15, 2021, 03:5306/15/21
07/10/20

Bro at least you still have your starter. I fed Elhain to my first epic. I dont even remember who that was. I know what you're saying though. I've been playing for almost a year now. I cant even stack up to what you guys are saying. 

If I could go back I would change my play style. I need a discord where I can ask and post tbh.