All Categories

Gomlok mission update

Gomlok mission update

Search
Jun 11, 2021, 14:4506/11/21
06/25/20

Gomlok mission update

Raid official documentation Doom Tower – Raid: Shadow Legends (plarium.com)

The following Champion Fragments will be awarded from Secret Rooms in the order given:

Normal Difficulty

1. Archmage Hellmut
  2. Akoth the Seared
  3. Rian the Conjurer

Hard Difficulty

1. Thea the Tomb Angel
  2. Gomlok Skyhide
  3. Urost the Soulcage 

Plarium announcment today:

"You may have already checked out Mission 33 in the 6th chapter of the fresh part of new Missions. You need to Summon Gomlok Skyhide from Fragments to complete this one. This Mission is supposed to be long and laborious to complete even for battle-harden veterans of  Raid. However, we have analyzed your participation patterns and decided to make this Mission less of a bottleneck. That’s why we decided to move its position in the Missions sequence a great deal farther down the road. This change is planned for the next release somewhere at the end of June. "

Look. You guys clearly messed up - it's obvious to pretty much everyone that either Gomlok was intended to be the first of the three Hard difficulty summons, or the mission was intended to be to summon Thea instead. Moving it downwards helps to address some of the pain, as it gives us longer to reach that point in progression. Let's see how far down the mission list we'd need to go before reaching a similarly difficult one.

Currently, Gomlok is at Mission 94. Mission 103 is literally to clear ONE secret room on hard, which you obvioiusly could have already done because YOU NEED TO DO IT TO SUMMON GOMLOK. Mission 108 is to clear floor 20 on Hard - which, I expect, you've also already done, since if you haven't, Gomlok would take *three years* to summon from just the first secret room. Mission 148 is getting more reasonable - clear 5 secret rooms on hard, which, again, you'll almost certainly be able to do before summoning Gomlok. Mission 181- clear all 12 secret rooms on Hard - that's just about where I would hope they will put it. Right after that mission. I really, really hope they move it down to 182. That would be a reasonable place - even there, I expect there'll be some people who will be stuck waiting several months to continue, but at least for the majority of us it will not represent a huge wall.

The thing is, though, because of the fact that he's the second of the two summons - even if you were to start today and had all 12 rooms available to farm, it would still take you about six months to complete. Why put such an artificial wall in place? Literally every other mission can be completed basically when you reach it, perhaps with the exception of the [MAX] substat missions, although even those can be planned for.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 11, 2021, 15:2506/11/21
12/19/19

I think this is a fair compromise.   Doomtower has been out for what 6 months now?  So you can't base anything on starting today, imo.  I can move up my Jan 2022 estimate to Nov 21 at least, lol.    I think I may need that long to save up for the second max glyph (40) mission anyways lol.  

Jun 11, 2021, 16:2706/11/21
02/29/20

They  made  Gomlok  the  last  legendary  Doom  Tower  fagment  champion.

Jun 11, 2021, 16:2906/11/21
06/25/20
[V]Destroyer39

They  made  Gomlok  the  last  legendary  Doom  Tower  fagment  champion.

Wait what? As part of this patch, or in general?

Either way - that's even more ridiculous :/

Jun 11, 2021, 16:3806/11/21
07/08/19
kramaswamy.kr

Wait what? As part of this patch, or in general?

Either way - that's even more ridiculous :/

in general. i believe when doom tower first launched, he was mistakenly referred to as the second champion available to summon, but plarium issued a correction shortly thereafter.

Jun 11, 2021, 22:4306/11/21
05/13/19

What  needs  to  happen is  the  game  needs  to  move  Gomlok unlock  order  +  Gomlok  mission  order.

The  order  to  unlock  Gomlok  should  be:

1.  Gomlok

2.  Thea

3.  Urost

In  order  to  get  Gomlok,  you  have  to  beat  Hard  Mode  Secret  Rooms.

A  lot  of  the  Secret  Rooms  require you  to  have  Faction  Only  teams.

This  means  you  need  to  have  beat  or  come  close  to  beating all  the Faction  War  Crypts.

If  a  player  obtains  Lydia,  Gomlok  value  plummets.

Gomlok is totally trash  compared  to  Lydia.

Gomlok  best  move  is  Def  Down  +  Weaken  with  a  stipulation.

Lydia  outright  does  Def  Down  +  Weaken  +  gives  Buffs.

Ideally,  Plarium should  want  players  to  obtain  Gomlok  before  they  obtain  Lydia.

This  way  players  might  use  resources to  book  Gomlok.

Than  when  they  acquire Lydia  -  The  players  will  need  to  reinvest  books  in  Lydia  as  she  would  be  an  improvement  over  Gomlok.

In  Addition,  the  game  needs  to  change  Gomlok  Mission  placement.

Gomlok  mission placement currently  is  94

They  need  to  move  Gomlok  Mission  in  between  Mission  181  &  182

i

SIDE  RANT  -  WHAT  THE  CRAP  IS  LIZARDMEN STAGE  21  MISSION  178  DOING?

Didn't  the  game  even  see  my  Crypt  Faction  Difficulty Tier  List?

Top  5  toughest  Crypts  to  beat:

#1  -  Knight  Rev.

#2  -  Dwarf

#3  -  Skinwalkers

#4  -  Demonspawn

#5  -  Undead  Hordes

They  put  Lizardmen as  the  last  Crypt  to  beat?  😂 

Are  they  serious?  It  has  to  be  a  troll  move.

They  put  1  of  easier  Crypts  to  beat  at  the  top.

This  means  1  of  the  toughest  Crypts  to  beat  will  get  distributed to  the  bottom.

Take  a  look  at  Mission  143

i

😂 They  have  Dwarf  at  Mission  143.

They  are  trying  to  "Avoid  a  Bottle neck "  in  their  missions

Yeah,  Right  -  I  call  that  Bluff

Big  Fat  RIP  to  all  you  people in  future  that  will  get  stuck  on  Mission  143

Rhazin  &  Broadmaw  are  fuseable  heroes.

The  chances  of  you  beating  Lizardmen Stage  21  is  so  much  easier  because  the  game  gives  you a  chance  to  acquire  heroes  which  can  help  win.

-------------------------------------

Anyway,  my  Gomlok  recommendation  & Faction  War rant  is over.

The  game  can  do  what  ever  it  wants  to  do.

I  will  beat  those  missions  regardless.

If  I  get  stuck  by  a  bottleneck,  I  will  just  laugh  at  the  game  developers  for  putting the  mission  in  the  dumbest  spot  imaginable.

Jun 11, 2021, 22:5806/11/21
06/25/20

Also on your side note - I'm stuck on the one you are saying is the hardest - Knight Rev 21. Can't break through the Valk wall :/

Jun 11, 2021, 23:0006/11/21
01/04/20
kramaswamy.kr

Also on your side note - I'm stuck on the one you are saying is the hardest - Knight Rev 21. Can't break through the Valk wall :/

Same,  I'm  hoping  Rector  Drath  helps.  

Jun 11, 2021, 23:0106/11/21
06/25/20

I have Drath, lol. Not helping. Team is Sinesha, Skullcrown, Sepulcher Sentinel, Drath, and Miscreated Monster.

Hoping that I just need to max the gear on my damagers.

Jun 11, 2021, 23:2106/11/21
12/19/19

my team was 50 rector, rest 60 MM, tomblord, wurlim, doompreist

i tried sepulcher, no bueno

Jun 12, 2021, 00:4506/12/21
06/25/20
Trips

my team was 50 rector, rest 60 MM, tomblord, wurlim, doompreist

i tried sepulcher, no bueno

Yeah Tomblord and Wurlim are likely what are carrying you. Specifically, Tomblord - his A2 would be fantastic on that second wave :/

Jun 12, 2021, 02:1706/12/21
07/08/19
kramaswamy.kr

I have Drath, lol. Not helping. Team is Sinesha, Skullcrown, Sepulcher Sentinel, Drath, and Miscreated Monster.

Hoping that I just need to max the gear on my damagers.

Get rid of skullcrown. i used her as my main source of damage on floors 1-20, but against the valk wave, she's a liability. sinesha may have the same issue, but her a2 and a3 could be good enough to justify keeping her (can't really comment as i've not managed to pull her).

Jun 12, 2021, 21:4606/12/21
02/29/20

No,  don't  get  rid  of  Skullcrown.  Keep  Skullcrown  and  Sinesha  in  Stun  gear  and  with  Miscreated  Monster  there  should  be  enough  Stuns  to  take  care  of  the  waves.