All Categories

How much speed for and how to improve a lead champ in Arena GIV???

Search
Jun 9, 2021, 14:5106/09/21
02/25/19

Hi,

is there any number or range of numbers what minimum speed is required for a lead champ with speed aura, e.g. Arbiter?

I am playing for approx. 2 years and 4 months and my Arbiter has 320 speed. Approx. one year ago one of the content creators was already at 360 speed. May days in GIV probably are numbered as I was already down to GIII. I havn't got any artifact which could make my Arbiter faster. She is wearing 6 speed set artifacts, every artifact with one up to three times speed roles (2 x 2 roles, 2 x 3 roles, 1 x 1 role on an uncommon glove, common 6 Star boot). Her 6 star banner has a two times speed role. On every item are glyphs on. As far as I know my chances to find one adequate artifact are less than a 1/1000th which does not include the leveling und proceeding of the speed sub stat. That means I do have to run a few thousand times (!!!) - if I am lucky -  at Dragon's Lair to improve my speed lead for a few speed values. Jeeez, that sounds really crazy to me.  

As far as I know there's no other solution than farming Dragon's Lair. Buying artifacts is absolutely no option, I've done it before and I did find out that buying artifacts is the most sophisticated part of gacha in this game. 🙈

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 9, 2021, 14:5406/09/21
06/25/20

My personal guideline is - 300 is the absolute minimum. I'm presently running 306, and I find I lose about half the time on the speed race.

As you climb I expect that number will only get higher.

At 320, though, I'm surprised you're finding you're losing the speed race. Unless you mean you're just generally losing the battle? Are you running double speed boosters? That's the new meta. If you aren't, I expect you're probably having your Arbiter lead start, use her A3, and then have their Arbiter cut in, boost, then their second booster kicks in to push the rest of their team ahead of you.

Jun 9, 2021, 14:5906/09/21
12/19/19

320 for only 2 triple rolls is darn good IMO.  Should be able to get a double roll on gloves (even 5 star be better than 6star uncommon).  And with the return of bots 320 is more than enough to maintain G4.  You also might be better with a Perception Glove/Boot Combo.  You will lose a little on set bonus, but if you have been playing 2+ years you should be able to forge more 6star lego/epic perception gear in 30 minutes than 30 days of running dragon.  

I am 3000 points in dragon tournament with not 1 speed artifact kept yet.

Jun 9, 2021, 16:2106/09/21
Jun 9, 2021, 16:35(edited)
02/25/19
kramaswamy.kr

My personal guideline is - 300 is the absolute minimum. I'm presently running 306, and I find I lose about half the time on the speed race.

As you climb I expect that number will only get higher.

At 320, though, I'm surprised you're finding you're losing the speed race. Unless you mean you're just generally losing the battle? Are you running double speed boosters? That's the new meta. If you aren't, I expect you're probably having your Arbiter lead start, use her A3, and then have their Arbiter cut in, boost, then their second booster kicks in to push the rest of their team ahead of you.

No and yes.

No, I am fortunately not loosing generally, not yet, though during week start it's hard to win 'cause of all those high GIV accounts in the mix.

Yes, I've tried a second speed boost with Apo (at 266 speed) and sometimes it worked well. First goes Arbiter with her A3, correct, then Apo with his A3 if no one cuts in. Then the run is relatively safe.

Mostly I do use Umbral (at 235) as 2nd because Madame and Foli are only at about 210 and so both are safe to run if the provoke is applied well. Hard A1 aoe nukers on the opposite side can be a prob for Foli. Umbral and Apo should be faster, I know, but same prob as described before. :-)

I am so far back and still in GIV, but I think it's only a matter of time until there will come up faster leads and/or good resistance teams.

Jun 9, 2021, 16:2806/09/21
06/25/20

If you speed tune your team properly, you should never get cut-ins. Arbiter opens with her speed boost, Apo with his, and the rest of your team follows suit. That should solve your problems.

Unfortunately your specific team you described - Arbiter at 320, Umbral at 235 - I would crush almost every time with mine, simply because you're not running a double boost. My arbiter has only 306 speed, so yours will go first, but my Kymar has 255 speed, which will cut in ahead of your Umbral, after which the rest of my team will clean up.

I expect you'll have far more success running Arbiter, Apo, Serris, Foli. Just have to make sure the speed on Serris and Foli is enough so that they act immediately after Apo does his speed boost.

Jun 9, 2021, 16:3106/09/21
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

If you speed tune your team properly, you should never get cut-ins. Arbiter opens with her speed boost, Apo with his, and the rest of your team follows suit. That should solve your problems.

Unfortunately your specific team you described - Arbiter at 320, Umbral at 235 - I would crush almost every time with mine, simply because you're not running a double boost. My arbiter has only 306 speed, so yours will go first, but my Kymar has 255 speed, which will cut in ahead of your Umbral, after which the rest of my team will clean up.

I expect you'll have far more success running Arbiter, Apo, Serris, Foli. Just have to make sure the speed on Serris and Foli is enough so that they act immediately after Apo does his speed boost.

On alt I run Arbiter at 314 and just got Maulie over 270 (in a frost set no less).  Follow with Spider and Kael.  Good enough for 70% win speed race I'd say.  A little tougher Monday AM as u stated.

Jun 9, 2021, 16:3206/09/21
Jun 9, 2021, 16:34(edited)
02/25/19
Trips

320 for only 2 triple rolls is darn good IMO.  Should be able to get a double roll on gloves (even 5 star be better than 6star uncommon).  And with the return of bots 320 is more than enough to maintain G4.  You also might be better with a Perception Glove/Boot Combo.  You will lose a little on set bonus, but if you have been playing 2+ years you should be able to forge more 6star lego/epic perception gear in 30 minutes than 30 days of running dragon.  

I am 3000 points in dragon tournament with not 1 speed artifact kept yet.

Thanks for that hint with the perception set. It could only work assuming that I forge the appropriate items wich means 6 star glove with four roles on speed. Got a 6 star perception speed boot already. I would loose 13 speed due to the speed set bonus. I've got 10 speed on the uncommon 5 star glove. In all I would loose 23 speed. A four times role on a 6 star glove could lead to a speed value of perhaps 27. So a difference of four to the current gear situation on my Arbiter. Puuhhh, lot of effort for such a small improvement, but worth it if it would work.

Jun 9, 2021, 16:3906/09/21
12/19/19
Morana Aktal

Thanks for that hint with the perception set. It could only work assuming that I forge the appropriate items wich means 6 star glove with four roles on speed. Got a 6 star perception speed boot already. I would loose 13 speed due to the speed set bonus. I've got 10 speed on the uncommon 5 star glove. In all I would loose 23 speed. A four times role on a 6 star glove could lead to a speed value of perhaps 27. So a difference of four to the current gear situation on my Arbiter. Puuhhh, lot of effort for such a small improvement, but worth it if it would work.

You lose 13 from speed set but gain 5.5 from perception I think.  So only need a 3x roll...

Jun 9, 2021, 16:4606/09/21
02/25/19
Trips

On alt I run Arbiter at 314 and just got Maulie over 270 (in a frost set no less).  Follow with Spider and Kael.  Good enough for 70% win speed race I'd say.  A little tougher Monday AM as u stated.

@Kramaswamy: thanks, too, for your thoughts.

@Trips: By the way, what are the stats of your kael and Spider, if I may ask? 

Jun 9, 2021, 16:4706/09/21
Jun 9, 2021, 16:48(edited)
02/25/19
Trips

You lose 13 from speed set but gain 5.5 from perception I think.  So only need a 3x roll...

Ah, yes, you're right. Didn't thought about that. But "only" is a bit fancy, isn't it? ;-) I think I have  done not more than a handful really helpful triple roles.

Jun 9, 2021, 16:5506/09/21
12/19/19
Morana Aktal

@Kramaswamy: thanks, too, for your thoughts.

@Trips: By the way, what are the stats of your kael and Spider, if I may ask? 

Not great stats lol, I just run CB, dailies, and sometimes 30 dragon or spider runs on PC on that account now.

Spider: 235 speed 302 ACC 248 RES 2.8k def 47k HP 2k atk

Kael: 223 speed 4k atk 76 CR 236 CD -- I've been meaning to fix the CR to 85 for a while but since I "retired" the account haven't gotten around to it I guess.  Shows how the nuker is the least important of the 4.  I think the sheild breaker mastery helps, probably should have helmsmasher but have flawless execution (I don't know which is better?)

Jun 9, 2021, 17:0006/09/21
12/19/19
Morana Aktal

Ah, yes, you're right. Didn't thought about that. But "only" is a bit fancy, isn't it? ;-) I think I have  done not more than a handful really helpful triple roles.

I can't even get a double roll on my main account.  The alt I had 3 3x on speed rolls yesterday.  The rng on that account is way better, it also has the best unleveled vault guardians (rotos,, septimus, soulless, kymar, seer, lugan, royal huntsman, harvest jack,... and yoshi :) in the land. All who will never see the light of day :)

Jun 9, 2021, 17:1306/09/21
02/25/19

Thanks, Trips. Not bad in my eyes. I am using Foli for only a short time as a nuker in arena, because I had to change my strategy. I changed his masteries from GS (used him at clanboss) to HS which causes of course a noticable dmg increase on his A3.

For a good explanation which mastery to use for max. dmg output look here: Helmsmasher vs Flawless Execution 

In short: choose FE when at lower critdmg values, choose HS when above 200 critdmg. The video imho shows the differences pretty good. I do not have anything to do with that CR. :-)

Jun 9, 2021, 17:1806/09/21
02/25/19
Trips

I can't even get a double roll on my main account.  The alt I had 3 3x on speed rolls yesterday.  The rng on that account is way better, it also has the best unleveled vault guardians (rotos,, septimus, soulless, kymar, seer, lugan, royal huntsman, harvest jack,... and yoshi :) in the land. All who will never see the light of day :)

🤓 Why having an alt acc when you do not level such game changer champs (most of them)? 

Jun 9, 2021, 17:2806/09/21
12/19/19
Morana Aktal

🤓 Why having an alt acc when you do not level such game changer champs (most of them)? 

I started it a year ago, the game actually had a lack of content then... I had more time available then energy... Now, with DT and Tag and everything not nearly enough time for even 1 account...

It helps my clan kill UNM/NM and sometimes brutal everyday, but if I didn't have 3 computers on my desk I would drop it altogether lol

Jun 9, 2021, 17:3706/09/21
02/25/19

i

My Foli. Getting him faster without decreasing the other stats will get difficult.

Jun 9, 2021, 18:0706/09/21
12/19/19
Morana Aktal

i

My Foli. Getting him faster without decreasing the other stats will get difficult.

I pretty much use perception gear to get anyone faster even if they don't need ACC just because it is so much easier to get decent gear.  Though if you are doing progress missions be cautious with materials and charms.

Jun 9, 2021, 19:0806/09/21
07/31/20

It does not look like a question since you already know the answer. What else you expect to know ?

Jun 9, 2021, 19:3306/09/21
02/25/19
Trips

I started it a year ago, the game actually had a lack of content then... I had more time available then energy... Now, with DT and Tag and everything not nearly enough time for even 1 account...

It helps my clan kill UNM/NM and sometimes brutal everyday, but if I didn't have 3 computers on my desk I would drop it altogether lol

Yes, you're right, if you try hard you'd better quit working, because the game itself tends to feel like work 😂. I am only doing the essentials, though now trying the fusion. Do not know yet if I'll make it. Our clan is small and we're free to do as we want to. We're perhaps enough gamers but not enough to get NM down yet. Since a few months I am running UNM frequently. I could try another clan but do not wanna play while driven by a schedule.

Jun 9, 2021, 19:4106/09/21
Jun 9, 2021, 19:44(edited)
02/25/19
Indent14

It does not look like a question since you already know the answer. What else you expect to know ?

A question mark marks a question, doesn't it? If you do have problems with this thread please feel free to ignore it. I do not like to communicate in Discord because it's way to crowded. This forum matches much more to my sense of time. No rush, no heaps of postings. Writing about the game, changing some experiences. That's it. What's your point/problem? 

Jun 9, 2021, 20:5506/09/21
Jun 9, 2021, 20:57(edited)
01/15/21

I am 7 months in and dont have arbiter yet (i will have soon though) and my seeker is 301 and i lose the speed race 3/4 of the time. I mostly fight the bots now.

Totally get you with the time required, i use a mouse clicker (after checking here that it is allowed) but it still takes too long to do the basics.