All Categories

Debuff bar 10 debuffs

Debuff bar 10 debuffs

Search
Jun 9, 2021, 11:1606/09/21
10/15/20

Debuff bar 10 debuffs

What exactly happens, if you attack an enemie that has allready the maximum of 10 debuffs on the debuff bar and the new attack would place a debuff as well? Is one of the existing debuffs removed to place the new one or is the new debuff not placed? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 9, 2021, 11:2506/09/21
Jun 9, 2021, 11:27(edited)
02/13/21

No, the new debuff will not be placed at all.  This is where debuff management comes in

That said, if the new debuff is the same as an existing debuff, and has a higher turn count, then it will override the old debuff.  For example, if the champion already has a 60% decreased def debuff on with only 1 turn left, and someone applies a new 60% decrease def debuff for 2 turns then it will override the old one.

Jun 9, 2021, 17:0006/09/21
02/29/20

Or  if  a  strong  debuff  is  placed,  it  will  replace  the  weak  debuff,  no  matter  the  duration.  It  doesnt  apply  to  Poisons  though.

Jun 9, 2021, 17:1206/09/21
06/25/20
RoseRoyal

No, the new debuff will not be placed at all.  This is where debuff management comes in

That said, if the new debuff is the same as an existing debuff, and has a higher turn count, then it will override the old debuff.  For example, if the champion already has a 60% decreased def debuff on with only 1 turn left, and someone applies a new 60% decrease def debuff for 2 turns then it will override the old one.

Not completely true. For normal debuffs, yes, but for poisons, no. IE, if the poison has one turn duration left, new poisons will not replace with two turns.

Also, related, but - poisons tick *before* the enemy turn, all other debuffs tick *after*. This usually doesn't matter, but it does specifically for when you have debuff extenders and counterattack. A 1-turn poison will expire before the debuff extender can extend from counterattack, and conversely, a 1-turn debuff has a chance of being extended from the counterattack.

Jun 9, 2021, 20:5906/09/21
02/13/21
kramaswamy.kr

Not completely true. For normal debuffs, yes, but for poisons, no. IE, if the poison has one turn duration left, new poisons will not replace with two turns.

Also, related, but - poisons tick *before* the enemy turn, all other debuffs tick *after*. This usually doesn't matter, but it does specifically for when you have debuff extenders and counterattack. A 1-turn poison will expire before the debuff extender can extend from counterattack, and conversely, a 1-turn debuff has a chance of being extended from the counterattack.

Yes, true.  I forgot about poisons which I'm disappointed about with the amount of time I spend fine tuning my CB debuff team.  Good catch