why crit rate?

Search
Jun 7, 2021, 17:0806/07/21
04/10/21

why crit rate?

I realized...

you can go for crit rate and crit damage, or attack on your nuker

crit rate depends on crit damage, and vice versa

if you have 100 crit rate and 50% crit damage, it would only do 50% increase in attack opposed to 85% increase in attack for attack for crit rate

if you have 50% crit rate and 1000% crit damage, you are only getting 500% crit damage. so why crits? Some passives even make crits bring bad things to ur team! so why crits?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 7, 2021, 17:1306/07/21
06/11/20

Bec you say nonsense....bec crit scaling is bigger....bec there is attack cap and crit cap

Jun 7, 2021, 17:1406/07/21
04/10/21
besh

Bec you say nonsense....bec crit scaling is bigger....bec there is attack cap and crit cap

wait what attack cap

Jun 7, 2021, 17:1506/07/21
06/11/20
Riptide

wait what attack cap

Called google

Jun 7, 2021, 17:1606/07/21
04/10/21
besh

Called google

Couldn't find it in google

Jun 7, 2021, 17:2006/07/21
06/11/20

Its base attack* 2.5

After starts dimenishing return

And even if it would not be the case crit is much better 

Jun 7, 2021, 17:5306/07/21
02/29/20

That's  not  how  Crit  works.

Crit  scales  off  of  Crit  Rate.  The  Crit  Rate  %  has  nothibg  to  do  with  damage.  That  is  just  the  chance  of  landing  as  a  Critical  Hit.  Positive  Affinity  has  +15%  Crit  Rate.  Negative  has  -30%  Crit  Rate  +  Chance  To  Weak  Hit.

If  the  skill  happens  to  be  a  Critical  Hit  due  to  Crit  Rate,  then  it  takes  into  account  the  base  stat  damage  and  multiplier  and  Crit  Damage.  Say  you  have  3k  Atk  and  150  Crit  Damage  and  a  multiplier  of  3.0  ATK,  then  if  it  Crits,  it  will  deal  27k  damage.

But  there  are  more  factors.  Damage  can  increase  or  decrease  according  to  buffs,  Debuffs,  passives,  and  masteries.

Lastly,  you  wont  deal  that  amount  of  damage.  Defense  has  a  formula  which  reduces  damage  taken.

That  is  how  Crit  Damage  works.  It  does  nothibg  if  there  is  not  a  critical  hit.

Some  champions  have  different  ways  to  increase  damage,  such  as  Samar  Gemcursed,  or  Seer.

But,  basically  damage  takes  your  current  base  stat  x  multiplier  x  (Crit  Damage  +  100 / 10)  (if  critical).

Not  taking  into  account  buffs,  Debuffs,  passives,  masteries,  defense,  or  special  skills.

That  is  how  i  understand  it.  If  im  wrong  please  correct  me.

Jun 7, 2021, 21:3006/07/21
06/25/20

This is a bizarre question.

Crit rate, and, by extension, crit damage, are bottom-line modifiers. Attack (and Attack %) are top-line modifiers. That means that crit/crit damage scale far more than attack does.

Yes, there is a mathematical equation to govern the interaction of them, but it's fairly complex one, as you have to consider replacement value - IE based off your current stat line, whether a 60% ATK % glove will contribute more or less than an equivalent 80% crit damage % glove.

The short way of doing it is to just aim for as close to 100% crit rate as possible, and then favour crit damage over attack % as it is harder to accumulate and tends to pay off more.

Jun 7, 2021, 22:5906/07/21
05/03/20

First, why can't I quote the OP?  That's kinda silly.

Second: OP follow this link, it was described well by Destroyer.  But here's a link that might help you more.

Third: PuggHead, you need to back up your claim that there is a cap on the Attack stat.  I've check Ayumilove, Hell Hades, Ash and Plarium.  If there is one it isn't published there.  It is incumbent upon you to back up your statement with something less cavalier than "Called google".  If you can't find it or really don't know for sure; you shouldn't detract from the original question with answers like that. And "Called google" is a pretty demeaning way to answer an legitimate and actually good question.

Jun 7, 2021, 23:3706/07/21
02/29/20

There  is  no  cap  to  the  stats  as  far  as  i  know-  but  there  are  diminishing  returns  when  you  get  to  a  certain  point  with  Attack  and  Defense.

Crit  Damage  needs  a  main  stat  as  well  because  it  multiplies  off  of  the  main  stat.  You  need  a  good  balance  between  the  two.  On  Hellhades.com there  is  a  Damage  Efficiency  tool  that  shows  the  best  balance  between  stats.

Jun 9, 2021, 02:1806/09/21
05/13/19

In  order to  answer  your  question  Riptide,  I  have  to  give  you  background information.

You  might  be  aware of  this  information  I  am  going  to  say.

or  You  might  not  be  aware  of  information I  will  say.

Either  way,  I  will  tell  you  so  that  you  can  understand  Better.

The  game  has  4  different types  of  Affinity

1.  Magic

2.  Spirit

3.  Force

4.  Void

The  Affinities  are  important because  the  game  has  a  Rock  -  Paper  -  Scissor  Mechanic

-  Magic has the advantage over  Spirit

-  Spirit  has  the  advantage over  Force

-  Force  has  the  advantage over  Magic

-  Void  is  Nuetral  among  all  Affinities

The  above Affinity match  ups  play  a  role  in  how  your  hero   hit  an  enemy  in  battle.

The  game  has  4  different types  of  Hits.

1.  Critical Hit

2.  Strong  Hit

3.  Normal  Hit

4.  Weak  Hit

Critical  Hits  are  considered to  be  the  most  powerful  of  all  the  Hits.

Weak  Hits  are  considered to  be  the  weakest  of  all  the  Hits.

-  Critical  Hit  is  a  special   kind  of  hit  which  is  based  on  your  heroes  Critical  Rate  

-  Strong,  Normal,  &  Weak  hits  are  based  on  your  heroes  Affinity  vs.  Enemy  Affinity.

Think  of  Hero  Hits  like  the  below  Pie  Chart.

i

Every  hero  starts  off  with  15%  Base  Critical  Rate.

In  the  picture,  we  have  Magic  Affinity  hitting  a  Spirit  Affinity.

Magic  Heroes have  an  Advantage over  Spirit  Heroes.

This  means  the  hero  will  gain  15%  Critical  Rate  +  the  ability to  do  Strong  Hits.

You  can  see  in  the  Pie  Chart:

Galek  has  30%  chance  to  do   Critical  Rate.

Galek  has  30%  chance  to  do  Strong  Hit.

The  remaining  amount  is  Normal  hits  at  40%  Chance.

What  this  pie  chart  is  telling  you  is  the  breakdown of  Galek's  Attacks.

Lets  say  Galek  attacked  this  same  Spirit  Hero  10  times

-  3  of  10  will  be  Critical  Hits

-  3  of  10  will  be  Strong  Hits

-  4  of  10  will  be  Normal  Hits

Why  is  this  Important  to  know?  

Because  the  Critical  &  Strong  hits  will  do  more  damage  to  enemy  vs.  normal  hits.

Galek  at  the  moment  has  30%  Critical  Rate,  lets  say  we  was  to  give  him  70%  more.

What  would  happen?

70%  we  gain  would  eat  away  the  Strong  +  Normal  hit  percentage till  nothing  was  left.

Than  we  would  have  the  following distribution:

-  100%  Critical  Hit

-  0%  Strong  Hit

-  0%  Normal  Hit

If  we  attack  10  times,  They  would  all  be  Critical.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now  that  I  explain all  the  above  to  you.

We  are  so  close  to  answering  your  question.

The  last  thing  I  need  to  explain is  how  damage  is  calculated.

I  will  give  you  a  very,  very  simple  explaination  so  it  easy  to  understand.

Lets  use  Galek  has  the  example.

Lets  show  what  happens if  Galek  fights  Spirit  Affinity  hero.

Normal  Hit  =  Galek  ATK  (times)  Galeks  Hidden  Multiplier  4.5

Strong  Hit  =  Galek  ATK  (times)  4.5  (times)  30   Extra  Damage  due  to  Affinity  Edge

Critical  Hit  =  ATK  (times)  4.5  (times)  200  Extra  Damage  due  to  Critical  Damage

Now  I  gave  you  a  very,  very  simple  example.

The  game  has  a  very  long,  complexed  Mathematical  equation for  Damage.

However,  The  simple  example   I  showed  can  help  you  understand.

It  shows  the  key  points.

-  Galek  ATK  plays  a  role  in  the  amount  of  damage  he  will  do

-  Galek  Hidden  Multipliers  play  a  role

-  Galek  Affinity  vs.  Enemy  Affinity  plays  a  role

-  Galek  Critical  Rate  plays  a  role  on  whether  or  not  he  does  Critical  Hit.

If  he  does  Crit  Hit,  Galek  Critical  Damage  will play  a  role  in  amplifing  the  Damage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now  that  you  understand all  of  the  above  -  I  can  answer  your  question.

Why  Critical  Rate?  because  of  players  EGO!

Do  you  need  Critical  Rate  on  your  hero?

No  -  your  not  forced  to  have  C.Rate  on  your  hero.

Why  do  people do  it?

They  do  it  to  do  bigger  hits.

Why  do  they  want  bigger  hits?

It  is  to  boost  their  Ego.

We  are  dealing  with  Meta  Sheep.

This  is  why  they  can't handle  the  idea  of  Reaction  Accessories.

It  shatters  their  little  ego  filled  minds.

Now  you  know  the  truth.

Critical  Rate  was  designed  for  people with  power  trips.

They  just  can't get  enough.

Jun 9, 2021, 13:4606/09/21
01/27/21

What strange thoughts Player J has.  I've never heard playing to statistical averages referred to as "ego" before.  Normally the opposite actually.  You go for crit when the math says you will have statistically higher outcomes.  It has nothing to do with "meta" or anything like that.  I mean, if you don't want to be "meta", you could decide that since Kael has an HP aura, you should stack him with as much HP as you can.  It certainly wouldn't be meta if that's the goal!

Jun 9, 2021, 14:2206/09/21
05/03/20
Quintinar

What strange thoughts Player J has.  I've never heard playing to statistical averages referred to as "ego" before.  Normally the opposite actually.  You go for crit when the math says you will have statistically higher outcomes.  It has nothing to do with "meta" or anything like that.  I mean, if you don't want to be "meta", you could decide that since Kael has an HP aura, you should stack him with as much HP as you can.  It certainly wouldn't be meta if that's the goal!

It's not ego, it is the natural competiveness that is human.  We like to win, in order to win (in arena) you have to have high speed and crit rate.  Most people playing the game want to win, not because of ego, but because winning gives you more stuff!  

GH bonuses are of a huge value and in order to get them you have to conform to the meta.  So not ego; but game driven "need".

I actually had given PlayerJ a thumbs up for his good explination of crit rate and why it is important.  I removed it when I saw he was equating it to a larger e-shwang...Ego isn't need...

Jun 10, 2021, 01:4606/10/21
05/13/19

Your  Welcome  Quintinar  &  Kumacho.

As  you  can  tell,  I  am  very  versatile.

Good  explanation of  C.Rate.  &  Why C.Rate is  important.

Then  a  Plot  Twist  at  the  end  to  leave  you  scratching  your  head.

Oh,  Yeah!

Nailed  it!