All Categories

Cheat engine

Cheat engine

Search
Jun 1, 2021, 07:0406/01/21
06/13/20

Cheat engine

I think you're going about the detection of this the wrong way;

The cheat engine speeds up time for the game; looking at BGE's demo of it, the game clock was running faster. 

So don't time the runs, have the client send pings to the server.  Do it once a minute.  If they arrive every 15/30 seconds rather than every minute you know you have someone cheating.  Internet connection quality will affect the pings coming through, but it'll make the gaps between two pings semi-random; it's not going to make 20 pins turn up in 10 mins unless someone is cheating.

This is called a heartbeat and it's common in commercial apps to check that vital servers are running.  You probably have something similar to alert your tech support team if your server crashes.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 1, 2021, 07:4106/01/21
01/19/21

And what's to stop me from altering the ping frequency? Find the function, find the interval, change the interval. Done. You won't even need an additional tool to do it, CE can do it just fine. Plug it into a Lua script and it's fully automated.

Alternatively, you could make the issue redundant by just adding the 4x/8x speed that people clearly want to the game itself, like a developer that actually listens to their community and tries to make the game better. It won't necessarily stop people from trying to cheat tournaments, but it would make it a non-issue for those who just don't want the game to take up their entire day. Personally I don't really need it since I'm early enough for most things to not take that much time, and I don't buy extra energy so I run out of that before I run out of time, but I can't imagine that anyone would mind saving time and not running autoclickers overnight etc.