All Categories

TOMES

TOMES

Search
May 22, 2021, 14:3505/22/21
10/15/19

TOMES

Tomes system is unreliable for free players. It is not easy to obtain a legendary and even less to make it usable without tomes. Why not set up a parallel xp that would raise the skills of the characters. In order to make them usable over time ?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 22, 2021, 14:4305/22/21
06/25/20

Because legendary tomes are likely their biggest source of revenue, right up there with sacred shards.

That being said, there are *quite* a lot of free tomes given to you. You just need to be diligent in where you use them. Try not to use legendary tomes on champs that you know you'll eventually be replacing.

May 22, 2021, 15:3205/22/21
06/25/20

Bugs happen. Nothing much we can do about that.

May 22, 2021, 22:3605/22/21
10/29/20

Legendary tomes are a big problem, I recently got a few legendaries and for them to be useful (reducing cooldown) I need to book them. If I were to do all the tournaments (Leg tomes ones are usually involving shards so spend money here) and get the monthly one, I suspect I will book 1 of those legendaries in 6-10 months, which is just stupid, makes them useless and so I end up using the Epic's.

May 23, 2021, 09:5605/23/21
04/14/20
mannamedbob

Legendary tomes are a big problem, I recently got a few legendaries and for them to be useful (reducing cooldown) I need to book them. If I were to do all the tournaments (Leg tomes ones are usually involving shards so spend money here) and get the monthly one, I suspect I will book 1 of those legendaries in 6-10 months, which is just stupid, makes them useless and so I end up using the Epic's.

The answer is pretty straightforward: get to a point where you can get the top UNM clan boss chest, or better yet two, every day. With those, plus the legendary books you can get anyway from login rewards and advanced quests, you can book legendaries a lot faster than that. 

May 23, 2021, 18:5105/23/21
May 23, 2021, 18:51(edited)
10/15/19

Not everyone hit the UnmClan, and you get 1 or 2 books per month with quests.

How to reserve enough books for our legendary champions. Knowing that most need at least 15 books.

Pay and still pay? 

May 23, 2021, 20:3405/23/21
04/14/20
Doh

Not everyone hit the UnmClan, and you get 1 or 2 books per month with quests.

How to reserve enough books for our legendary champions. Knowing that most need at least 15 books.

Pay and still pay? 

Of course not everyone hits the UNM CB, but if you want legendary books, that's where you need to be. You get enough legendary books from the one-time rewards early on, plus the 1-2 per month from login rewards and advanced quests, to book a few of your first legendaries. If you want to go beyond that, yes, you'll need CB progress if you want to do it without paying. 

As for 'most need at least 15 books', no. A few of the newer legendaries need that many, but for the majority of legendaries it's less than that - and it depends on the champion just how necessary the books actually are, plenty of legendaries are already very good without any books at all. 

May 23, 2021, 21:0505/23/21
03/18/20

ftp or ptp the goal is to be on ultra for the best chance of better rewards, takes time but you ll get there.

couple of specific champs can make all the difference from a struggle to hit top chest to easy 2 key etc whether it be unkillable or non unkillable.

it will be interesting to see when they release the new clan boss that they were talking about late last year - think it was called Hydra 

Mar 30, 2022, 10:3403/30/22
Mar 30, 2022, 10:36(edited)
02/25/19

I am at UNM CB since a year or so but nothing's much better. Got lego tomes from time to time, yes, but I have got approx. 30 unbooked lego champs. I'll never ever close that gap. Yes, not everyone of these 30 must be booked, but  Hurndig, Brago, Scartosis, Kantra, Lix, Narma, Vizier, the Bloodtwins, Ninja, Wurlim, Rae, Shazar, Elder Skarg, Alexander, Elenaril, second Hurndig, second Rhazin, second Martyr, Cleopterix, Abess are not too bad champs. Guess how much books I would need to book them all? .... I DO NOT KNOW. ^^

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 30, 2022, 10:4203/30/22
02/24/19
Morana Aktal

I am at UNM CB since a year or so but nothing's much better. Got lego tomes from time to time, yes, but I have got approx. 30 unbooked lego champs. I'll never ever close that gap. Yes, not everyone of these 30 must be booked, but  Hurndig, Brago, Scartosis, Kantra, Lix, Narma, Vizier, the Bloodtwins, Ninja, Wurlim, Rae, Shazar, Elder Skarg, Alexander, Elenaril, second Hurndig, second Rhazin, second Martyr, Cleopterix, Abess are not too bad champs. Guess how much books I would need to book them all? .... I DO NOT KNOW. ^^

I'm there too. I have more champs than I can fully book/build for sure. 

Feels like that is the true endgame sometimes. Which champs go on the list to build "one day" cause you never have enough books. Or building a leggo that takes 9 books over 15, even if the 15 one is SLIGHTLY better.

Mar 30, 2022, 11:0903/30/22
02/25/19

Yepp, if it would be possible to choose which atk is most important and could be booked exclusively, so you could partly make your champ usable for specific tasks. Later on you could spend more books on the other atks if need is, but the rng is esp. here really awful and btw it does really not fit to the team setup function. I'll bet that, if I would book Vizier it would be the first time that every atk but the a1 would get fully booked, though I'd like to use him specifically at clanboss (which is luckily possible without any books in this case). 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 30, 2022, 11:1403/30/22
02/24/19
Morana Aktal

Yepp, if it would be possible to choose which atk is most important and could be booked exclusively, so you could partly make your champ usable for specific tasks. Later on you could spend more books on the other atks if need is, but the rng is esp. here really awful and btw it does really not fit to the team setup function. I'll bet that, if I would book Vizier it would be the first time that every atk but the a1 would get fully booked, though I'd like to use him specifically at clanboss (which is luckily possible without any books in this case). 

Hey, joined the forums the day after me! XD XD

Mar 30, 2022, 11:2703/30/22
02/25/19

Yes, noticed that already. 🙂